Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 12:00:13 AM EDT
I know Tim's in Elbridge charges $45 and Spur Shooters Supply in Liverpool charges $30

Is that the best I can do in the area?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
John Becker, Becker Guns, on Wadsworth St.  He varies with his transfer fee, some times it's $10 other times it's $20.  He's a real nice guy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Frank out in Canastota is good.
30 until you rub elbows a little.
Is there anyone on this forum that has their own FFL. I have been interested in getting one for awhile.
If I was to I think 15-20 would be fair. You have to keep those records for 5 years.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Kevin Dix at Delta IX Supply is a great guy.  He is in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Second on Delta IX supply - great guy $25 transfer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is there anyone on this forum that has their own FFL. I have been interested in getting one for awhile.
If I was to I think 15-20 would be fair. You have to keep those records for 5 years.
View Quote

I've been an FFL for 20 years.
Back during the Cobis days I charged slightly more for new guns because of the shell casing requirements, but I've been charging $15 for long guns/"other" and $20 for handguns for years.
It'll probably be $20 for long guns once my change of location is complete simply because of the costs associated with moving and bringing the new location into compliance
You need to keep the forms for longer than 5 years
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for the responses.

I have been wanting to get a 4 or 5 pack of lowers for a few builds.

I know several places charge the same fee for each lower.

Does anyone combine the fees? Or are they all $20ish per lower?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the responses.

I have been wanting to get a 4 or 5 pack of lowers for a few builds.

I know several places charge the same fee for each lower.

Does anyone combine the fees? Or are they all $20ish per lower?
View Quote

That's one reason why you always check with the dealer first to know exactly what their going to do. Really there isn't any reason to charge for each one when they all go on the same NICS check. Rightfully they may charge a little more as they have to enter each and complete the disposition, but that's no big deal for the average person able to read and write.  
Anybody know what corinthian arms charges?
I'm looking to but a 1911 from a guy in Camillus and that's who he uses. (unless I can get him to go to the Shop I associate with then it'll be free for me. )
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's one reason why you always check with the dealer first to know exactly what their going to do. Really there isn't any reason to charge for each one when they all go on the same NICS check. Rightfully they may charge a little more as they have to enter each and complete the disposition, but that's no big deal for the average person able to read and write.  
View Quote

Then you get the guys who let multiple guns sit in the dealers safe for weeks so they can come in and get them all at once, if the dealer doesn't charge individually
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then you get the guys who let multiple guns sit in the dealers safe for weeks so they can come in and get them all at once, if the dealer doesn't charge individually
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to sound stupid or sarcastic, but I don't understand. Do you tell them if they don't pick their (assumable paid for) shit in short order they get charged more?
I won't call it a problem (although it's a PITA at inventory/renewal time) but the Shop I associate with has lots of handguns awaiting disposition (out of State FFL's handgun licenses, etc.) sometimes for years. I'd call it a problem, but it's not my Shop...certainly a pain in the ass, so I understand the issue of stuff left in the safe.
One would think  that when someone's transfer order arrives, they'd be there to pick them up in short order....I suppose that's why you make sure people understand the terms of transfer, and unless you're a solid customer all special orders are prepaid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not to sound stupid or sarcastic, but I don't understand. Do you tell them if they don't pick their (assumable paid for) shit in short order they get charged more?
I won't call it a problem (although it's a PITA at inventory/renewal time) but the Shop I associate with has lots of handguns awaiting disposition (out of State FFL's handgun licenses, etc.) sometimes for years. I'd call it a problem, but it's not my Shop...certainly a pain in the ass, so I understand the issue of stuff left in the safe.
One would think  that when someone's transfer order arrives, they'd be there to pick them up in short order....I suppose that's why you make sure people understand the terms of transfer, and unless you're a solid customer all special orders are prepaid.
View Quote

Might not be a problem for the bigger guys with a lot more room for inventory, but for us smaller guys if someone left a few guns waiting for some larger quantity to be met before they'd come in just to pay only the price for a single transfer, it would quickly fill up the safe. I don't think my fees are terribly outrageous but there are stories in the FFL section from time to time about how far some customers will go to pinch pennies.
Most people do get their stuff pretty quickly, Some guys are calling before the guns even logged in
There are all types out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most people do get their stuff pretty quickly, Some guys are calling before the guns even logged in
View Quote

He's talking about me...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Never though of it that way, and it make sense.
It's always best to talk to the FFL first and make sure everybody's on the same page.  
I will be trying out Corinthian arms later this week
edited to add: Went there and was treated VERY WELL, professionally done in a very timely manor and very in-expensive!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Not really. You may have done it a time or two

Quoted:

He's talking about me...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Second on Delta IX supply - great guy $25 transfer.
View Quote

Had lunch today.  He said he has not done any business regarding ar rifles, compliant or otherwise (LEO), since the passage of SAFE.  We spoke about the Albion incident.  He believes that the state would like nothing more than to shut down people like him.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Another recommendation for Delta IX. I bought a handgun from Gunbroker and had it shipped right to him. He's on their list of participating dealers. Just north of Syracuse.
[email protected] is his email
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top