Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 4:47:50 PM EDT
Planning on going to Blue Mountain this weekend. Has anyone taken an SKS there? Recent thread has me a bit concerned...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of people have taken SKS rifles there ... you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of people have taken SKS rifles there ... you will be good to go.
View Quote

Just checking... This is what we've come to in NYS, worrying even about legal rifles. FUAC!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't someone in NY recently get arrested for having an SKS? Maybe the charges will be dropped I don't know. Police arrest first if the rifle looks evil enough then they look at the law
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot mine there about a month ago.  The red hat paused as he walked by me to say nice mosin.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#6]
If in doubt, take a copy of the California DOJ guide that says factory mags are FIXED.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If in doubt, take a copy of the California DOJ guide that says factory mags are FIXED.

View Quote

California DOJ rulings have no bearing here - same with their interpretation of thr Bullet Button and Off List Lowers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
One round at a time for havens sake. Make sure you pick up that brass and if its steel make sure you put it over there.

That range has got to be mostly empty these days with the exception of the pistol range.  FUAC

Edit spelling
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate going there, but is there a choice?

Back when the unSafe was proposed, the Parks Commissioner came out with a statement that she wanted to use the sign-in sheets to track who has "assault weapons". Obviously the bitch is retarded as the only thing people put down is the caliber and there are plenty of bolt actions and other legal rifles in .223 and 7.62x39.

If there is a more friendly range within an hour drive from Yonkers, I will gladly go there. I usually go to Wooster Mountain in CT, but it's only 50 yards.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I need to get out and shoot . I think there are a number of ranges in the PA area just over the Delaware down route 84. It would be an all day event with driving there and back but I am sure it would be worth it. I have a registered AR which I would like to take out to the range but not in NY. Taught my kids how to shoot at Blue Mountainbut after the Safe Act I'm not spending a fucking dime in this state to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I need to get out and shoot . I think there are a number of ranges in the PA area just over the Delaware down route 84. It would be an all day event with driving there and back but I am sure it would be worth it. I have a registered AR which I would like to take out to the range but not in NY. Taught my kids how to shoot at Blue Mountainbut after the Safe Act I'm not spending a fucking dime in this state to shoot.
View Quote

Wooster Mountain in CT is the closest range you can use, but ARs etc are not legal there any more. It's 50 yards though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I just came back from the range. Actually had a great time, despite loading 1 round at s time. Surprisingly, a lot of lanes were occupied. Team Kimber was present, 2 guys were shooting some kind of "tactical" rifles. The rest were regular folks. There was one guy shooting a pump "AR" with a side folding stock, muzzle brake, the works. It's very nice and the action is extremely smooth. There was another guy shooting an AR, a real one this time. Overall, good atmosphere. Girard from the Ardsley range was the RO, he volunteers there in hopes to get a paid position. It was nice to see a familiar face.

So I guess I'll be going there. FUA, you can't stop me from exercising my 2nd Amendment Rights!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I think those arrests were because they were prohibited from possession such as felons.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

if state range you only can load three rounds.. and you need a permit to use the range i think its 30.00 a year unless you have a hunting lic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top