Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 10:43:57 AM EDT
According to the NYSRPA page (http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=860&Itemid=199):

August 22, 2014 Update:  Our case has been scheduled for briefing and argument before the same panel of judges that will hear the Connecticut case as was expected.  Both New York and Connecticut are in the Second Circuit and are close enough in time that no other move would be reasonable by the court.  The two cases going before the same court will allow our counsel to show how anti-gunners use whatever definition they want for an “assault weapon” and that it is a political term, not a real one, and has no meaning because it is defined differently in every jurisdiction that tries to use it.  Each case will be argued on its own, just before the same judges.
View Quote

Any one have any idea when it's scheduled for?  Their March upstate says it's generally 3 months after briefs are done.  So are we looking at early december?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
According to the NYSRPA page (http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=860&Itemid=199):

August 22, 2014 Update:  Our case has been scheduled for briefing and argument before the same panel of judges that will hear the Connecticut case as was expected.  Both New York and Connecticut are in the Second Circuit and are close enough in time that no other move would be reasonable by the court.  The two cases going before the same court will allow our counsel to show how anti-gunners use whatever definition they want for an “assault weapon” and that it is a political term, not a real one, and has no meaning because it is defined differently in every jurisdiction that tries to use it.  Each case will be argued on its own, just before the same judges.
View Quote

Any one have any idea when it's scheduled for?  Their March upstate says it's generally 3 months after briefs are done.  So are we looking at early december?
View Quote

Yeah that was my guess too...just in time for another New Years Eve let down...

Interesting argument...that the definition of an "assault weapon" is arbitrary and capricious (aka unconstitutional)...because different states and agencies define an AW so differently...NYC vs. NY vs. CA vs. IL vs. TX for example. I read their brief again, and it is sound...but the 2nd circus is corrupt and biased.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
So which state's case will be heard first?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
When I am told of a date it will be posted.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for making this thread.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And thank you for staying on top of things.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,000,000

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
What are the chances that the 2nd circuit will overrule Skretny's 7 round limit decision and just uphold the safe act in its entirety? Is that within the realm of possibility?

I mean look...I'm not expecting much from the 2nd circuit...they have never made a pro gun decision. But at the very least I'd like to formally strike down the 7 round limit across the entire state while we wait for SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are the chances that the 2nd circuit will overrule Skretny's 7 round limit decision and just uphold the safe act in its entirety? Is that within the realm of possibility?

I mean look...I'm not expecting much from the 2nd circuit...they have never made a pro gun decision. But at the very least I'd like to formally strike down the 7 round limit across the entire state while we wait for SCOTUS.
View Quote

Guessing...

50/50 they reinstate the 7 round limit.

100% chance they uphold everything else.

5% chance SCOTUS takes any AWB case in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Someone bumped the GD lawsuit thread today for the first time since January. I was surprised to see it come up in my subscriptions. Did what I could to bring it up to date.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1432543_AR15_COM_FILES_SUIT_AGAINST_NEW_YORK_STATE___________________.html&page=21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top