Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2014 6:48:22 AM EDT
Is it common for someone from the NYSRPA to stop at the home of a former out of state member asking to "update their information"?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of that - someone went through your trash and is casing the joint is my guess.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is it common for someone from the NYSRPA to stop at the home of a former out of state member asking to "update their information"?
View Quote

Nobody does that, ever.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Crap. He had all of my info
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you a current member?  Did he say something about insurance?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Just expired.
I wasn't available to speak with him but he had a clipboard with all of my membership/contact info on it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#7]

That *might* have been someone from National Income Life Insurance, the agency which provides the ADD coverage for members.  I have not heard of any company rep. just showing up unannounced before.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I was going to take the base insurance BUT they wanted to come over and "talk".  Sorry, but the last thing I want to do is invite an insurance rep over to "talk".  I am covered up the wazoo for no particular reason and would rather not have to sit and listen to a sales pitch.  If/when they make it as simple as checking off a box and getting a confirmation of coverage in the mail then I will go for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
You get $4000 automatically as a member.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That *might* have been someone from National Income Life Insurance, the agency which provides the ADD coverage for members.  I have not heard of any company rep. just showing up unannounced before.

View Quote

We'll see...

He was a well dressed clean-cut type.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We'll see...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see...

So was Jeffrey Dahmer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You get $4000 automatically as a member.
View Quote
I received a certificate in the mail from National Income Life, #SGAHUxxxxx, but it appears that it needs to be signed by a "Licensed Resident Agent" in order to define a beneficiary.  It is not signed by anyone, including me, so I assume it is not in force unless it is set to pay to my estate by default.  There were no instructions provided as to what to do with it so I put it with my other insurance papers and figured someone someday will find it along with my other papers.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted: It is not signed by anyone, including me, so I assume it is not in force unless it is set to pay to my estate by default.  There were no instructions provided as to what to do with it so I put it with my other insurance papers and figured someone someday will find it along with my other papers.

View Quote

I believe it would automatically go to your estate unless you designate someone else.  You can ask Tom as he sells insurance.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:05:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, I had the same thing when I signed up for the insurance.  At the time I couldn't remember if it was NRA, NYSRPA, or my union that it was affiliated with.

There was no BS about updating my information.  They were straight up telling me the rep would be over for the certificate signing and to talk to me about insurance needs.  

I had a guy call and tell me he only had a few slots when he'd be in my neighborhood.   I told him on the phone that I'm not buying a damn thing but he could come over and do the certificate thing and he had 5-10 minutes.  He came over and in about 5 minutes I convinced him that there was nothing he was selling that I needed and he did the cert and left.  With no kids and an evil disposition towards insurance as an investment tool he had nothing.   At the time I literally lived at the end of the country, he wasted his trip just as I told him he would.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

They did with me. They just knocked on my door, had my info and NRA number, said they wanted to get my AD&D updated, but had to have the beneficiary there and wanted to talk. Told them to leave me some forms or paperwork and fuck off, because they weren't coming inside.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They did with me. They just knocked on my door, had my info and NRA number, said they wanted to get my AD&D updated, but had to have the beneficiary there and wanted to talk. Told them to leave me some forms or paperwork and fuck off, because they weren't coming inside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you use those words exactly??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top