Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I must have one of these.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The bolt catches in their pics are on older pre-production models. We do not know if that same bolt catch will be offered, or if it will be different. I don't fault ARES for trying out different variants of a new rifle, but until they make an official statement regarding the bolt catch, then this is all just speculation. I really do wish they would explain it though.

I see no mention of a bolt hold open feature on their patent. This is why I suggested that it could possibly be a patent issue. Again... speculation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have the bolt catch made.  If you watch the video from B&H Police Supply on YouTube (with the nice 300 BO SBR):

The bolt catches in their pics are on older pre-production models. We do not know if that same bolt catch will be offered, or if it will be different. I don't fault ARES for trying out different variants of a new rifle, but until they make an official statement regarding the bolt catch, then this is all just speculation. I really do wish they would explain it though.

I see no mention of a bolt hold open feature on their patent. This is why I suggested that it could possibly be a patent issue. Again... speculation.

I missed this when you posted it, but at the time it was already confirmed as an option by both Matt at B&H and Ares Sales department.  Moot point now as the pics from their facebook page show, it exists.

Looks great with the free float rails.  Wonder what it would look like with my AP midlength COP upper:

Hmmm ... might have to find out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Now we will have a class of functional semi auto defensive guns that they CAN'T ban unless they outright ban ALL semi autos with detachable mags (essentially the same as all modern handguns). Which will NEVER happen. Mark my words. Never. All they've been able to get away with are stupid feature bans...which yes are very unconstitutional and very inconvenient...but we CAN work around them...and we WILL prevail...ingenuity always does.

These guns also prove that banning features and parts is arbitrary and capricious (aka unconstitutional).
View Quote

Never ?
Really?
How many believed a ban like the unsafe act could never happen?

The libs will never stop until they ban everything. They have made great progress in New York, they won't stop now.

This gun's legal status in New York may be short lived.

Hope for the best.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Never ?
Really?

The libs will never stop until they ban everything. They have made great progress in New York, they won't stop now.

Hope for the best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now we will have a class of functional semi auto defensive guns that they CAN'T ban unless they outright ban ALL semi autos with detachable mags (essentially the same as all modern handguns). Which will NEVER happen. Mark my words. Never. All they've been able to get away with are stupid feature bans...which yes are very unconstitutional and very inconvenient...but we CAN work around them...and we WILL prevail...ingenuity always does.

These guns also prove that banning features and parts is arbitrary and capricious (aka unconstitutional).

Never ?
Really?

Hope for the best.

This. They could start banning stuff by name again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never ?
Really?

Hope for the best.

When Feistein proposed her AWB in 2013, she named tons of weapons by name (both as banned and as not banned.)  Oddly, the Mini-14 was specifically named as not being banned.  Unless these become ridiculously popular, what's the chance that they would even know to ban it.

As for the full "semi auto with detachable magazines" ban, the more that they include, the greater the chance that it gets overturned in the SCOTUS.  They'd be adding a substantial number of hunting rifles to the list and adding their owners to the opposition.  You would also then see a rise is stripper-clip fed semiautomatic rifles.  Would they actually try and be able to ban all semiautomatic rifles?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
NEVER say "never" because .gov HAS PROVED Federally, Locally, and in the State that they  can and will do as they damn well please Constitution be damned.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As for the full "semi auto with detachable magazines" ban, the more that they include, the greater the chance that it gets overturned in the SCOTUS.

View Quote
SCOTUS is never going to hear our case. I wish they would, but its not going to happen.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top