Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 10:38:36 AM EDT
http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/217647/cuomo-breaks-silence-on-moreland/

Throughout the back-and-forth with Buffalo and limited Albany media, Cuomo stuck to his guns and didn’t waver from his stance that the commission was a success and that there wasn’t interference from his office; rather, conversations and dialogue were just that.

“The Moreland Commission was a phenomenal success,” Cuomo said. “It generated all sorts of interest in the behavior of the Legislature. It brought all sorts of cases that have actually come to fruition. And it was, I believe the stimulus to get the ethics reform passed that we got passed. And the ethics reform bill is great.
View Quote

The governor said the panel accomplished what it was set out to do: help devise new stronger ethics laws.
View Quote

Cuomo said the best example of independence was Fitzpatrick deciding to send a subpoena the second floor did not want the commission to send. The New York Times detailed to a subpoena sent to an media-buying firm that initially was withdrawn at the behest of the governor’s office but later went out anyway.
View Quote

Cum-ho has got to be loosing his marbles.  I'll bet he's got Xanax in a pez dispenser at this point.

So he admits to meddling with the commission before because it was "his" commission, then calls them independent...  And then the best example he has to the commission being independent is that there was a subpoena his office got pulled back but eventually re sent?  And then admits that the commission was set out to devise stronger ethics reform... yet previously sold the idea of a Moreland Commission as being independent and free to investigate anything they want.

I know a lot of people are skeptical that this particular scandal will lead anywhere, but it's looking like this ones finally making andy boy crack up.  Hopefully the (any) media continues their viscous assault on his lies.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy just can't help himself. He lies as easily as he breathes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone surprised?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
If Spitzer had been this adamant that those hookers were personal trainers he would still be in office
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
He can say anything he wants.   "Meddling" with the commission isn't a crime...but where there's smoke there's fire, and nobody has asked about the fire yet, so why answer?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow...more corrupt politicians....

Yay!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He can say anything he wants.   "Meddling" with the commission isn't a crime...but where there's smoke there's fire, and nobody has asked about the fire yet, so why answer?
View Quote

My understanding is he did more than meddle. I'll have to listen to Fred Dicker's show again.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
He's not delusional at all - history has shown that when you repeat a big lie often enough, it becomes the new "truth."

Repeating it isn't a problem for him with a complicit mainstream media.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He's not delusional at all - history has shown that when you repeat a big lie often enough, it becomes the new "truth."

View Quote

I'm not so sure the media will be on board with him.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The media may or may not be totally on board with Prince Andy, but I suspect they'll hold their noses and still help cover him before doing anything to support Astorino.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The media may or may not be totally on board with Prince Andy, but I suspect they'll hold their noses and still help cover him before doing anything to support Astorino.
View Quote

The only thing the media loves more then celebrity scandal is political scandal.

So far the NYT has been laying into andy and other papers are picking up the story, even Snoozday is carrying it although they water it down.

People want to see the mighty fall and the papers know its what sells.

andy has pissed off everyone on the left and right by playing the Albany game while criticizing everyone else for doing the same as well as being a political hack and power tripping fool.

I dont think he will shake this and even if the fires die down
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Chrisy and bridge gate were covered 24-7 for two weeks strait,what Cuomo did is much worse and it barly has been on the tv news.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#12]
“The Moreland Commission was a phenomenal success,” Cuomo said.
View Quote

To be fair, the bar for success in Albany is set pathetically low.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
“The Moreland Commission was a phenomenal success” Cuomo said.

It was a success for him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
“The Moreland Commission was a phenomenal success” Cuomo said.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/217703/a-m-roundup-moreland-ended-when-it-was-supposed-to-end-cuomo-says/

"Andrew is as honest a politician as we have seen in New York," former Gov. Mario Cuomo said Monday. (DN)

Last one out has to hit the light switch.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#15]
""Andrew is as honest a politician as we have seen in New York," former Gov. Mario Cuomo said Monday."     That's supposed to be a compliment????
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't think he will shake this and even if the fires die down
View Quote
I have far more faith in the stupidity of the electorate than you do.  If it doesn't involve Kim Kardashian, they really do not care.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
""Andrew is as honest a politician as we have seen in New York," former Gov. Mario Cuomo said Monday."  That's supposed to be a compliment????
View Quote

Consider the source.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Consider the source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
""Andrew is as honest a politician as we have seen in New York," former Gov. Mario Cuomo said Monday."  That's supposed to be a compliment????

Consider the source.

Yup. One politician speaking politically about another politician.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:49:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider the source.

"Mario, azienda me...tu se profiono sfacim !!!"
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]
And then there's Fitzpatrick's statement today supporting Cuomo and stating that the Gov did not interfere with the workings of the Commission...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And then there's Fitzpatrick's statement today supporting Cuomo and stating that the Gov did not interfere with the workings of the Commission...
View Quote

That funny because andy's defense is that he did interfere and they ignored him that why it was successful
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#22]
He tried to say they were suppose to consult with him.  FUAC
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That funny because andy's defense is that he did interfere and they ignored him that why it was successful
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This quote from Andy sums it up:

Cuomo said the best example of independence was Fitzpatrick deciding to send a subpoena the second floor did not want the commission to send. The New York Times detailed to a subpoena sent to an media-buying firm that initially was withdrawn at the behest of the governor’s office but later went out anyway.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

One has to wonder what the Tyrant has on Fitz-backstabber.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#25]
L-OH-L....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top