Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure.  FTF at an FFL with a BGC done.

ETA:  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't link it right now but the SAFE Act mandated an FFL process a 4473 for any transfer of long gun or handgun that is not between immediate family members.

The governor's FAQ on the SAFE Act might cite penal code. Max cost for the transfer is $10.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You have not been paying attention I guess! :) yes safe act requires all guns to be transferred with a background check requiring the services of an ffl. And since the lower is the serialized part even stripped would require such a transfer. Challenge is finding an ffl willing to do any private transfer let alone one that would do an ar lower! Especially in lower ny
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
You're not going to be much help. Especially asking like that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]
January 2014 join date-Check
One post ever-Check
Requesting an illegal transfer in the EE-Check

Looks like DA Rice is back to her old habits now that the Moorland commission was flushed down the drain

Im calling good lock
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#9]
FTF is perfectly legal so long as an FFL performs a background check but I do agree the wtb ad smells fishy.  If it quacks like a duck ...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#10]
When he says FTF, I'm sure he means at an FFL nearby. I hope.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Im calling good lock
View Quote

This.  Fucking sting operation.  Check the IP of the OP.  I'll bet it's the DA's office. Cocksuckers!

You should unlock the thread for 5 minutes so we can all lace into them and then re-lock it!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is a link to the SAFE Act FAQ regarding Private Sales. Hope this is what you were looking for.

FAQ Private Sales
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, sounds super fishy...maybe you can tell him to go fishing elsewhere....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One post ever-Check

Looks like DA Rice is back to her old habits now that the Moorland commission was flushed down the drain

Im calling good lock
View Quote

Gold Star member, EE Moderator, I'd say he's trying to find out IF it can be done legally if at all.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So,  a personal FTF between two private citizens is NOT legal?

Can someone point me to some specifics please?
View Quote

Under the provision of the SAFE Act. the buyer of a gun (with very few exceptions) has to submit to a NICS check before the gun can be transfered. FTF is legal and accepted damn near everywhere else i the Country, but this is NY where we're ruled as peasant subject, not free Americans.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Gold Star member, EE Moderator, I'd say he's trying to find out IF it can be done legally if at all.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One post ever-Check

Im calling good lock

I compleatly agree with your assessment of the situation
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Edited to not help the Cumhole organization :)

and wtf please out the newspaper.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Title says it all - Please fill me in on all the details.
View Quote

Clearest shortest answer - yes if the transfer is done with a NICS check through an FFL in NY.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The original ad (obviously not posted by me) has been trashed, but it was a wtb ad for a private FTF on LI. It was the member's first and only post on the site. The username led to a news organization.
View Quote

Holy fuck, I hope you banned them and logged their IP address so they can't come back here.

FUCKING SCUMBAGS
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The original ad (obviously not posted by me) has been trashed, but it was a wtb ad for a private FTF on LI. It was the member's first and only post on the site. The username led to a news organization.

View Quote

You should "out" the so-called news organization so we know who they are.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...seriously, scumbags!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I want to arf FOIL that info!  

Frigging Offer It Lemmesee
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#25]
You know, it could have been fun to do a reverse sting in this case.  Contact the PD and tell them somebody is soliciting to do a private FTF purchase and see if they want to "investigate" it.  Of course said news organization would get a pass just like NBC did after their people brought "illegal" 30 round magazines into DC without permission.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Post his name and home address. I'll give him a FTF
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Post his name and home address. I'll give him a FTF
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone still have the username?  I'd want to do some snoopin' around myself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You know, it could have been fun to do a reverse sting in this case.  Contact the PD and tell them somebody is soliciting to do a private FTF purchase and see if they want to "investigate" it.  Of course said news organization would get a pass just like NBC did after their people brought "illegal" 30 round magazines into DC without permission.
View Quote

The Cops I know wouldn't have given them a pass, the DA might  let them off, but they'd still take the ride if for no other reason than they hate the scum media as much as we do.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The Cops I know wouldn't have given them a pass, the DA might  let them off, but they'd still take the ride if for no other reason than they hate the scum media as much as we do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a mid-term election year? Are you delusional? If it's Nassau, it's Rice - and she's running for McCarthy's seat, which means she wants all the media love she can get.
Not sure if Suffolk DA is up this year or not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#31]
A friendly GIU investigator could certainly make inquiries.  With the US Attorney watching all, I don't think anyone would dare intervene.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top