Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2014 6:14:21 PM EDT
Live in Orange and I'm looking for a public outdoor range for 50/100 yards for rifle. I know Davis has one indoor but is that the only option? The NYHF FAQ only has NJ, no NY.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks. Doesnt look like much in the way of public outdoor  rifle nearby.  May have to look into a club
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The only public range that is close too you would be Blue mountain  715 Ardsley Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583. Its single round load only.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks. Doesnt look like much in the way of public outdoor  rifle nearby.  May have to look into a club
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would keep looking and asking.

There's 3 ranges near me that are not even on that list.  Doesn't seem too thorough.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The only public range that is close too you would be Blue mountain  715 Ardsley Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583. Its single round load only.
View Quote

You have a typo there.  Blue mountain is in Cortland manor.  The Ardsley range WAS on Ardsley Rd but sadly it is no more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have a typo there.  Blue mountain is in Cortland manor.  The Ardsley range WAS on Ardsley Rd but sadly it is no more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This doesnt look to bad...about 45 mins away. Anyone been their recently?

Blue Mountain
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, your best bet is just going to be to join a private range.  Ask around here for someone in your AO that can get you in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Most clubs in lower Hudson valley have a waiting list

Another option since your in orange is to shoot in pa you will have to purchase a range permit to use there state ranges its like 30.00 a year.  Only can load 3 rounds in semi auto and the DNR like nys DEC will fine you large if u don't have a pa hunting lic or range permit or load more than three rounds.  Some there ranges are 300 yards
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Blue Mountain
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue Mountain

Blue Mountain sux.  The Ros are Fudds.  They hate EBRs.  For rifles you can only load 1 round at a time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That list is pretty small.  I can think of almost that many ranges within a half hour of me.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Blue Mountain sux.  The Ros are Fudds.  They hate EBRs.  For rifles you can only load 1 round at a time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue Mountain

1 round for a semi auto with a mag? That does suck.  I've never heard of that range rule before
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That list is pretty small.  I can think of almost that many ranges within a half hour of me.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any of those in or around and hour of Orange that have a public 50/100/+ rifle range?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top