Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2014 6:04:19 PM EDT
What happened to the thread detailing with the arrest\confiscation in western NY? There was a link to another thread on the NY Shooters site that I can't find as well. AFAIK the rifles haven't been returned and no charges
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/562562_First_NY_SAFE_Act_Confiscation.html

this one?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not the one I was looking for. The incident I'm talking about involved several AR's with MR2 devices on them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not the one I was looking for. The incident I'm talking about involved several AR's with MR2 devices on them.
View Quote

You don't say... Tagged for details on MR2 goodness.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
FOUND IT! It's on NY Firearms
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
That whole thing seems rather strange.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I think part of then problem is the Lancaster police bit off more than their DA can chew. Other than a rifle that's registered and is therefore legal under the safe act, no one knows if any of the magazine release work arounds render a rifle with evil features legal under the safe act. NYS does not have a state level DOJ or any other equivalent agency to issue legal direction when there is a question like this. It may be that the DA's office doesn't want to/know how to proceed in this case, and doesn't want to return the rifles because they themselves don't know if they are legal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is the archived thread I started on it that links back to NYFirearms...

The whole thing is a little perplexing. There has been no updates at NY Firearms...which I find weird. Why start a thread if you aren't going to keep people up to date. I know it is a legal issue, so maybe that has something to do with it, but really, I want to know WTF is going on with this. At some point they have to shit or get off the pot...either the rifle in question was legal or it wasn't, so make a decision and lets get the party started....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/557146__ARCHIVED_THREAD____So_It_Begins____Funky_Arrest_and_Shenanigans_In_Lancaster____.html&page=1
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The whole thing is a little perplexing. There has been no updates at NY Firearms...which I find weird. Why start a thread if you aren't going to keep people up to date. I know it is a legal issue, so maybe that has something to do with it, but really, I want to know WTF is going on with this. At some point they have to shit or get off the pot...either the rifle in question was legal or it wasn't, so make a decision and lets get the party started....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/557146__ARCHIVED_THREAD____So_It_Begins____Funky_Arrest_and_Shenanigans_In_Lancaster____.html&page=1
View Quote

It isn't all about us. I'd expect them to do whatever is best for their case and their clients.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It isn't all about us. I'd expect them to do whatever is best for their case and their clients.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that, thats why I said I know its a legal issue...but the state should not be allowed to hold things in limbo forever because they don't want to confront the situation...now it has been intimated to me that there is more to the story than has come out, but I have no idea what...but on face value it would seem this could set some precedent...either the MR2 device is acceptable or not, but if they just hold it in limbo, then they can continue to hold it over gunholders heads...

And at least, if you are going to start a shitstorm, at least a "nothing new to report" or "the State is stalling" would be helpful.

Its typical of all these stories...it'll be on the front page and all the news outlets "Arsenal siezed, etc, etc..." and when it turns out that it was all legal, there is not a whimper anywhere saying that...they just let their headlines taint the minds of the masses....
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

How is a Beretta storm a compliant firearm?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoulder thing goes down instead of up.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people have been filling in the thumbhole part of the stock with epoxy or auto body filler, so it is all one piece. Trying to find a pic.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
It ain't pretty, but...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=254509

No idea if this was done to the WNY gun though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Just threw up a little in my mouth....lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Should write on the epoxy. "In case of emergency use hammer here"
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Seriously, I know this is a rhetorical question...but someone who is well backed and has lots of money behind him should purposely get arrested for violating SAFE with an unmodified one of those...then in court, show the unmodified version, and the abortion above and ask..."this one is legal, this one is not....how in the blue fuck is one any less dangerous than the other, ladies and gentleman, if you have only half a brain you should concede that this law is arbitrary, capricious, and stupid. You must aquit" and that would help throw this entire POS out....

I just don't get it...of course I never understood how an AR with the bayo lug lopped off was any different than one with it.

Politicians have to be the stupidest mother fuckers ever to have walked the earth....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:05:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Shit...double tap...don't taze me Cuomo....
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seriously, I know this is a rhetorical question...but someone who is well backed and has lots of money behind him should purposely get arrested for violating SAFE with an unmodified one of those...then in court, show the unmodified version, and the abortion above and ask..."this one is legal, this one is not....how in the blue fuck is one any less dangerous than the other, ladies and gentleman, if you have only half a brain you should concede that this law is arbitrary, capricious, and stupid. You must aquit" and that would help throw this entire POS out....

I just don't get it...of course I never understood how an AR with the bayo lug lopped off was any different than one with it.

Politicians have to be the stupidest mother fuckers ever to have walked the earth....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You watch too many lawyer shows on TV.  It does not work like that in real life, especially in the kangaroo courts in NYS.  Even Perry Mason would have a horrendous win/loss record in NYistan.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they are not, which makes them so dangerous.

They knew exactly what they did.  And they know what they intend to do next.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.................They know how to eat an elephant.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top