Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2014 12:38:48 PM EDT
Guys,

I took the advice here and instead of making the drive to PA to renew my PA non resident, I got the NH.

Wish it could have gone down differently, but since they changed the renewal to "in person", it just became easier to replace than renew.

My PA expires in August...and there's just too much crap going on this summer to plan a road trip.

The NH looks good. Kind of funny too. There's room for a pic, but there's no pic.

Hope LE doesn't think it's a fake!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!

I always felt that experiencing some of the out of state licensing processes really reinforces how awful the New York system is. Even if you have to spend an entire day and rack up hundreds of miles driving to PA and back, it is still way easier than what NY puts you through.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]

I drove to see Denny Nau to get my PA permit.  Did some shopping too.  $20 for 5 years, plus a tank of gas and a nice drive.   Half hour or less at the sheriff's dep't.  There were a half dozen other people getting theirs on 7/3, when i was there, too.

I should get NH, and FL too.  Have UT already.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I drove to see Denny Nau to get my PA permit.  Did some shopping too.  $20 for 5 years, plus a tank of gas and a nice drive.   Half hour or less at the sheriff's dep't.  There were a half dozen other people getting theirs on 7/3, when i was there, too.

View Quote

Unless something changed, FL renewal is a pain in the ass. I let mine lapse. NH is easy - do it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Gah, $100 for 4 years.  

F'ing poll tax.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unless something changed, FL renewal is a pain in the ass. I let mine lapse. NH is easy - do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the opportunity presents itself, I'm gonna get FL.....regardless of the renewal deal.

Got my UT years ago....just renewed it by mail last week.

After I check off a few boxes first, I'm also going to get CT and RI.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How long did the NH process take?
Mailing mine out today!!
View Quote

The turn around time was less than three weeks.

You go, bro!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You go, bro!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long did the NH process take?
Mailing mine out today!!

You go, bro!

This. They process applications quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top