Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2014 4:00:19 PM EDT
But on my permit, it's correct.  Would this be acceptable at the ffl or does it have to be exact.

Btw it was a '5' and its an 'S' on the coupon. Not the first time this has happened to me as they mixed up a 'I'  with a '1'
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need them to correct it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are saying the misprint is on the purchase coupon should not matter. Some counties still give out blank coupons. As long as it is correct on your permit that is most critical. The coupons are retained by the dealer with the 4473 and bill of sale.
I have an ffl dealer who has been in business since just after World War Two and not even once has the state audited his records and checked those stupid coupons
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as the FFL accepts it what's on your license is the important thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are saying the misprint is on the purchase coupon should not matter. Some counties still give out blank coupons. As long as it is correct on your permit that is most critical. The coupons are retained by the dealer with the 4473 and bill of sale.
I have an ffl dealer who has been in business since just after World War Two and not even once has the state audited his records and checked those stupid coupons
View Quote

you must live in the real sticks.. Here in Dutchess county the state audits the ffl every six months.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, so a small update if anyone wanted to know: ffl did accept the coupon, he wrote the correct serial above the mistake just to clarify it.

He did mention that this has been happening a bit too often (I was number 6 for the month) and was implying that WCC is doing this on purpose to cause an extra delay (it took me 4 weeks to get my amendment, including the 4th holiday). Ymmv

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#6]
My local sheriff's dept. put my drivers license number on my permit where the serial should be. Didn't notice till I got home. They fixed it right away. Could have caused me trouble down the road if I was stopped with it or tried to sell.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you must live in the real sticks.. Here in Dutchess county the state audits the ffl every six months.
View Quote

Not the case here. They drop by occasionally to look the books over but its not every six months
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a couple numbers transposed on mine here in Monroe county, went in a couple days later when I noticed it. They crossed out the old one and put in the correct info, no big deal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Wayne and Ontario counties have been perfect.  OC clerk is always smiles when I make an amendment.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top