Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Give him my regards.

Look forward to your fish activity reports BUT we'll be there on Thursday............................... even if the only fish sighted are sardines in cans
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rick has landed safely, we'll start fishing either sat or sunday.   I'll keep you posted on how the week goes

Give him my regards.

Look forward to your fish activity reports BUT we'll be there on Thursday............................... even if the only fish sighted are sardines in cans

I'll do my best to make sure you guys get into fish.   I may or may not know the location of a shit ton of fish in the river  we'll see in a few days
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'll do my best to make sure you guys get into fish.   I may or may not know the location of a shit ton of fish in the river  we'll see in a few days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rick has landed safely, we'll start fishing either sat or sunday.   I'll keep you posted on how the week goes

Give him my regards.

Come on spill it..  They arent anywhere from the lower clay to ellis cove that I can find.. are you fishing the fly zones?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Come on spill it..  They arent anywhere from the lower clay to ellis cove that I can find.. are you fishing the fly zones?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give him my regards.

Not the fly zones, though there are plenty there.    I'll see when i get up there, i'm going off the word of three sources that have yet to lie to me about info.   I'm not too worried
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Somebody IM me the location of the cabin you are staying at.  Maybe I can crash the party with some vittles.  Not going to fish, but I can stop by in the evening and meet some more of you guys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Somebody IM me the location of the cabin you are staying at.  Maybe I can crash the party with some vittles.  Not going to fish, but I can stop by in the evening and meet some more of you guys.
View Quote

Wtf
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He will drink beer with me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wtf

well at least my wife won't be the only woman at the house
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still waiting on you to spill the beans on where the fish are.. I am trying to decide if it is worth running up there tomorrow for the day.. considering I have to catch a flight out of stewart monday morning
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wtf

Work weekends and midnight shift, so....
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

excuses excuses

Quoted:
I'm still waiting on you to spill the beans on where the fish are.. I am trying to decide if it is worth running up there tomorrow for the day.. considering I have to catch a flight out of stewart monday morning

I ain't spilling nothing, there are fish around, they are pretty much all in the upper river, I wouldn't bother with much below sportsmans.  

I haven't been up to check the spots I was told are holding fish, I might go up and check them out tomorrow, depends if my buddy wants to go fish the petting zoo first.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

excuses excuses
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

excuses excuses

If it makes you feel any better, I was invited to fish Oneida Lake tomorrow on my buddy's bass boat.  I'll be into the PBR instead of sleeping.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#14]
just got home from there. was at school house hole all day. there was some fish in there but not that many. I bumped 2 first thing in the morning and after that nothing. my friends that I rode up with had on some and landed a couple. I will not be going up till "the run" starts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Only fished for a few hours today, landed one king and a nice brown, lost two steelhead and a handful of kings.  Slow but fish are around
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Black Sponge to the rescue?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Only saw a few from sun up till 11 or so.  Saw a lot of kings hooked in the side and near the tail though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Always wondering when I'm gonna get the Invite
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did you guys do ?
I loaded up on porgies and sea bass 5 minutes from my canal

Always wondering when I'm gonna get the Invite

Me too.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
2 DAYS LEFT !
View Quote

I thought you would be getting ready to kill the "Big Buck" in Mendon Ponds.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Walked the dog  @ 5am this morning and when I turned the corner I had an 8 point buck 5 yards from me on one side in my neighbor's yard.
Across the street was a 6 pointer - I know this cause they both just stood there staring me down and I was able to count the points. Mind you,
I live literally 2 miles from the GWB on the jersey side....I suppose they were all rutted up and looked like they wanted to do bad things to my pooch
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#29]
more steelhead today than salmon, its still somewhat slow but we got into fish all day, home now.    

for those of you coming up we need to figure out a time and place to meet.   We'll be on the water at dawn, cell reception sucks where we are so send me a message and I'll work it out with you guys.        

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
more steelhead today than salmon, its still somewhat slow but we got into fish all day, home now.    

http://i.imgur.com/s4OPGMC.jpg

for those of you coming up we need to figure out a time and place to meet.   We'll be on the water at dawn, cell reception sucks where we are so send me a message and I'll work it out with you guys.        

View Quote

I'll IM ya tonight, but we don't plan on being there before 1:00.

We have to stop at one of the local
tackle/bait shops up there to get some spinning gear and whatever else
we forget to bring.

Do you have a preferred place up there to do business with?
Who''s got the super-secret-delux-catch-all-the-fish-you-can-imagine lures and flies?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice reel..   What make is it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You go ahead and fish. Most likely, by the time I get there it will not be worth the trouble of getting into waders and getting in the water, so I will go to the camp,open it and wait for y'all to get there

If I do arrive by noon, I will go to the bridge have lunch where we ate last time and fish at the fly-fish only side of the bridge for a while
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You go ahead and fish. Most likely, by the time I get there it will not be worth the trouble of getting into waders and getting in the water, so I will go to the camp,open it and wait for y'all to get there

If I do arrive by noon, I will go to the bridge have lunch where we ate last time and fish at the fly-fish only side of the bridge for a while

Ed what is your drink of choice? If you are up there this weekend a 12 pack or bottle of your choice is on me Saturday if you are still there
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, i'll keep an eye out for you.   Look for us in the spot we fished last year.    

If you dont stop by the bridge when do you think you'll be at the house?   I dont want to get there too early
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ed what is your drink of choice? If you are up there this weekend a 12 pack or bottle of your choice is on me Saturday if you are still there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ed is quite fond of top-shelf vodka - KetelOne, Gray Goose etc...OR any beer that has a fruity flavor....last resort is a case of XX beer
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ed is quite fond of top-shelf vodka - KetelOne, Gray Goose etc...OR any beer that has a fruity flavor....last resort is a case of XX beer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Those guys are friends of mine.  They were waiting for you to blow your horn. Try it tomorrow, oughta be interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walked the dog  @ 5am this morning and when I turned the corner I had an 8 point buck 5 yards from me on one side in my neighbor's yard.
Across the street was a 6 pointer - I know this cause they both just stood there staring me down and I was able to count the points. Mind you,
I live literally 2 miles from the GWB on the jersey side....I suppose they were all rutted up and looked like they wanted to do bad things to my pooch

The rut is not even close. They probably wanted to spar with you

Those guys are friends of mine.  They were waiting for you to blow your horn. Try it tomorrow, oughta be interesting.

Well it's about time you showed up - what time is your ETA to Pulaski??
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rut is not even close. They probably wanted to spar with you

You better be coming up this weekend
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Im heading up tonight / tomorrow morning for the day.. I hear the Sandy's have fish in, in decent numbers..
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Guys were still marking fish in 100 feet of yater in the Lake lately. When they do run (and it will be soon) it will be epic. Heres to hoping you guys are on the water for it. Ill be up there next weekend..

ETA. My friends already tagged a big doe in Bath. Seems she ran out in front of a Chevy and the screaming lady didnt want it. Its already rendered into steaks, chops and roasts
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Fishing sucks, drinking beer by the lake.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like it is going to be raining all day tomorrow.  I doubt I will make it up like originally planned.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fishing sucks, drinking beer by the lake.
View Quote

Seriously, but you said you knew where the fish are...  I bet you could find some in the Town Zoo... Just make sure you dont get trapped in Dawns Hole
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Scored a nice little doe this AM cutting it up as we speak.

Somebody PM me the address so if I can make it up I'll know where to go.

Bringing my fly pole if I come as the steel-head are running. I'll bring some spinning tackle too.

We used to sell alot of J11 Rapalas for Salmon River. I don't know if they're legal because of the treble hooks though.

What flies are you using for steel head?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:57:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Scored a nice little doe this AM cutting it up as we speak.

Somebody PM me the address so if I can make it up I'll know where to go.

View Quote

I already tried that.  Nobody is talkin.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Somebody had mentioned Sandy Creek: I rode over the Bridges from Mexico to Henderson and didn't see any Fish...doesn't mean there weren't, only that I didn't see any.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Somebody had mentioned Sandy Creek: I rode over the Bridges from Mexico to Henderson and didn't see any Fish...doesn't mean there weren't, only that I didn't see any.
View Quote

The Sandy's had fish on wednesday and thursday..  not a fish to be found today... I ended up at oswego and killed it over there..
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top