Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
since the fish haven't decided to make their push yet, we are going to wait till Sunday to make the trip up. hopefully there isn't too much rain on Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I honestly wouldnt bother on sunday unless it is a fairly short trek for you.. The temps are supposed to be pretty warm considering, but monday they are supposed to drop.. Hopefully something happens next week, but from what I am hearing this may be a piss poor year for salmon river due to the flooding in 2010, and 2012... There were a fair amount of fish in oswego though on wednesday we just didnt get over there untill 2:00 and i had shit for luck the whole day
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
only an hour and half drive lol. might not be going at all this weekend now, my fishing buddy canceled till next weekend.
trying to see if anyone else wants to go. getting restless sitting here waiting for the fish.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
what direction are you coming from.. I may run up to oswego tomorrow i am just waiting to hear if any fish came in today..  Salmon river is a waste of time right now until something runs..
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Was slow as hell today,  had people i knew spread across the whole river, nothing going on, few fish here and there.   Everyone in the shops look depressed,  a bad run will hurt the economy bad up there.  

Technically the run isnt late yet,  on a typical year the 25th seems to be the time the first big push happens, we were spoiled the past two years.    

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the floods from 2010  did a number on the returning fish.. all the 3.5 year old fish would be from that year.. Might be why the fish that are being caught are smaller than usual..
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the floods from 2010  did a number on the returning fish.. all the 3.5 year old fish would be from that year.. Might be why the fish that are being caught are smaller than usual..
View Quote

Possibly hurt the wild fish, which would explain the lack of an early sep run, but the hatchery got all the eggs it needed the year of the flood, so those numbers should be fine.  

I think it boils down to the lake being all fucked up this year, in part because of the long cold winter
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Long drive with the kids for no fish
View Quote

No fish yet, if they run this week it will be crazy good when you get up
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Who's bringing Tuna Steaks??????  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#12]
guys I wouldn't panic about the fish, like I said before, they technically aren't late running.   even if they did run until next Tuesday the fishing would still be good for when you guys are here.  Plus I'll be on the river all week and you can be damn sure I'll have found where the fish are by then.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
guys I wouldn't panic about the fish, like I said before, they technically aren't late running.   even if they did run until next Tuesday the fishing would still be good for when you guys are here.  Plus I'll be on the river all week and you can be damn sure I'll have found where the fish are by then.  

View Quote

You can only find where the fish are in the river, if the fish actually are in the river
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can only find where the fish are in the river, if the fish actually are in the river
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will be
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

they will be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will be

Better start doing your rain and cold weather dance now... weather is looking beautiful for this week up there... not a good thing
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Better start doing your rain and cold weather dance now... weather is looking beautiful for this week up there... not a good thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will be

Weather really doesnt matter.    Two years ago they ran in early sep with almost no water and highs in the upper 70s
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For heavens sake, stop the whining and second guessing the fish run.

Fish or no fish we'll have a great time that first weekend in Oct.
View Quote

easy there, we're just discussing fish, not like this is a heated debate or anything, we're shooting the shit because we've got nothing else to do.

we will find fish guys, just show up and I'll lead you to them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Im still pissed I will be up there late (9/9, 10, 11).
The fish are ALWAYS there the first weekend in October
and in greater numbers than at any other time.

Chromers (Cohos) will be blasting the river in a day and the Kings will fill the river top to bottom.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Im still pissed I will be up there late (9/9, 10, 11).
The fish are ALWAYS there the first weekend in October
and in greater numbers than at any other time.

Chromers (Cohos) will be blasting the river in a day and the Kings will fill the river top to bottom.
View Quote

give me a shout the weekend you are up, I'll probably be around, we can grab lunch again altmar
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are not the boss of me!

Is Rick going to be there? What about Mrs C and Baby C (Guillermito) ? I am organizing and distributing the bodies to the best of my ability, so I wantz to knowz before we get there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

easy there, we're just discussing fish, not like this is a heated debate or anything, we're shooting the shit because we've got nothing else to do.

we will find fish guys, just show up and I'll lead you to them.

You are not the boss of me!

Is Rick going to be there? What about Mrs C and Baby C (Guillermito) ? I am organizing and distributing the bodies to the best of my ability, so I wantz to knowz before we get there

Ricky will be there, the wife and kid will probably come up friday night and hang around during the day
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Tell ricky i just got a new Triumph and does that make me an Honorary LIMEY?

no seriously

View Quote

you'll have to drop the LI accent and pick up the old world tongue

what do you guys want to eat?   Tops Market is in town so anything we might want should be there, but I can pick up stuff for dinner.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I loved the TR7

We'll pool some money and go grocery shopping when we finish fishing Thursday afternoon on the way to the house
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell Ricky i just got a new Triumph and does that make me an Honorary LIMEY?

I loved the TR7

what do you guys want to eat?   Tops Market is in town so anything we might want should be there, but I can pick up stuff for dinner.

We'll pool some money and go grocery shopping when we finish fishing Thursday afternoon on the way to the house

Wait, there's a pool? I'll pack a speedo
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wait, there's a pool? I'll pack a speedo
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I will be up Sunday from sometime around sun up till noon.  Hopefully there will be atleast a few coming in.  Looking forward to trying to hook something larger than a 20 inch brown.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#31]
The girl with the new waders  won''t  be going to ARFF-FISH....she decided to go
to her Homecoming Dance......

I guess taking her Deep Sea Fishing was enough fishing for this year.

She'd prolly out fish me again.

My son and I are definitely still coming....planning on getting there sometime after noon on
thursday Oct 2

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The girl with the new waders  won''t  be going to ARFF-FISH....she decided to go
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/brain_06/wadersphoto_zps51eb4302.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/brain_06/photo2_zps635ef3a1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/brain_06/photo1_zps79590062.jpg

My son and I are definitely still coming....planning on getting there sometime after noon on
thursday Oct 2

View Quote

. Glad you guys are still coming up!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#33]

trauma645

what direction are you coming from.. I may run up to oswego tomorrow i am just waiting to hear if any fish came in today.. Salmon river is a waste of time right now until something runs..

about an hour south of Syracuse. just waiting on the reports to say the fish have arrived and we are going to take a day off from work to go up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not too big into fly rods, but somewhere in the Garage I've got a couple decient sized spinning rods (well with two sons I might not have anything)
What do I use for lures?
I haven't tried Salmon fishing in years...maybe tomorrow afternoon or Friday will work out.
Perhaps I'll check out Stony Creek, Sandy Creek, and the Black River at the Dexter Dam.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Too bad she isn't coming but I am glad to see you are still planning to show
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/brain_06/wadersphoto_zps51eb4302.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/brain_06/photo2_zps635ef3a1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/brain_06/photo1_zps79590062.jpg

thursday Oct 2

Too bad she isn't coming but I am glad to see you are still planning to show

Can't wait...less than a week til we go swimming, fishing !

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not too big into fly rods, but somewhere in the Garage I've got a couple decient sized spinning rods (well with two sons I might not have anything)
What do I use for lures?
I haven't tried Salmon fishing in years...maybe tomorrow afternoon or Friday will work out.
Perhaps I'll check out Stony Creek, Sandy Creek, and the Black River at the Dexter Dam.
View Quote

spin guys use all kinds of stuff, just remember no treble hooks.  

some use eggs sacs and other bottom bounce with flies, others use skein
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do I use for lures?

SCREW THAT

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do I use for lures?

SCREW THAT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/snag_zps2f22c9cf.jpg

well you'll fit right in with the russians
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#40]
if any of you need my number just shoot me a message, also give us a heads up on when you will arrive.   Cell service is ok for most of the river but I dont want to be in a dead zone if I know you'll be coming in and might call
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do I use for lures?

SCREW THAT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/snag_zps2f22c9cf.jpg

The problem with knowing the local DEC Officers is them knowing you're full of shit when you tell them you didn't know you couldn't snag fish.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#42]
snagging is no fun anyways
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh I so disagree....
Ever see 2 drunk "eastern europeans" try to get a cricket out of a 3rd drunk guys head?
Thats the definition of fun!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh I so disagree....
Ever see 2 drunk "eastern europeans" try to get a cricket out of a 3rd drunk guys head?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I so disagree....

Now that's entertainment!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Oh I so disagree....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I so disagree....

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm heading up Friday morning with Nolan and Riley, Heading back Sunday morning after clean-up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snagging bunker to live line for stripers is one of my favorite ways to fish !!!!
How are things looking up there ?
I still want to make a run up with my son, I ll probably only have a one day window so I want to make it my best shot at catching

I'm heading up Friday morning with Nolan and Riley, Heading back Sunday morning after clean-up

Why Friday AM? Lets leave after work on Thursday snapperhead!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Rick has landed safely, we'll start fishing either sat or sunday.   I'll keep you posted on how the week goes
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top