Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Ciraxis what you doing this weekend? I could use some fishing lessons. Beer and lunch on me for your troubles?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I just perused the front page and must have missed the "I don't have waders/I'm not buying waders/why can't I just catch huge fish from the bank" sign up section?

What gives?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just perused the front page and must have missed the "I don't have waders/I'm not buying waders/why can't I just catch huge fish from the bank" sign up section?

What gives?
View Quote

Go buy waders
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to go up this weekend to look around.    A few fish have been caught in the river but still no major push of fish, which is normal.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Few questions:
Where is this happening?
Will spinning gear suffice? What weight, lures, etc?
Is this one of those gatherings where fish are actually, and actively caught, or you all just going to sit around grumbling about Mags haircut like last time?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Few questions:
Where is this happening?
Is this one of those gatherings where fish are actually, and actively caught, or you all just going to sit around grumbling about Mags haircut like last time?
View Quote

Salmon river NY.    spinning gear is fine, just make sure its sturdy enough to handle fish in the 15-30lbs range that are trying to tear your arm off.

I won't speak for the other guys but I'll be fishing every day all day.   I stop for lunch and a brew around noon and thats it.   The salmon run is my relaxation for the year, no work, no kids, nothing but fishing
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me know how it looks this weekend.. i saw high water all last week up until mid day today so i didnt go up as early as i normally do.. But I would like to get up there next week if there are fish in
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Let me know how it looks this weekend.. i saw high water all last week up until mid day today so i didnt go up as early as i normally do.. But I would like to get up there next week if there are fish in
View Quote

I'll fish any flow under 3000, its going to be 750 for the next week.   saturday is going to be a lot of walking with a good chance at seeing nothing, but you never know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you ever fish the sandy's? I got a tip on a good spot for steel later in the season..
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do you ever fish the sandy's? I got a tip on a good spot for steel later in the season..
View Quote

nope, I've never gone up there, lots of guys tell me to go but honestly I still have a long list of spots to try on the salmon River.    There is so much water to fish and not enough time

I do fish a few small streams near my brothers house but they get crowded fast and are full of snagging douchebags
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Wont be able to get out of work for that weekend. Still hoping to get up there and do some fishing sometime in October though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You just get your ass over there on Thursday Oct 2nd and the rest will fall in place. Call EdB or Mag for directions

View Quote

Best I'm going to be able to do is Friday night to Sunday.
Trying to decide if it'll be worth the ride. (for the fish, the company will be extraordinary)
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wont be able to get out of work for that weekend. Still hoping to get up there and do some fishing sometime in October though.
View Quote

I'm up every weekend, feel free to message me and we can meet up
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You just get your ass over there on Thursday Oct 2nd and the rest will fall in place. Call EdB or Mag for directions

Fixed it for you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Few questions:
Where is this happening?

Quoted:Salmon river NY. The salmon run is used to be my relaxation for the year, no work, no kids, nothing but fishing, then EdSr, EdB and mag162 came along and ruined it

Fixed it for you

you guys are alright, even if you do fall in the river and throw your gear in the water.    

Let me know if you are bored one weekend and want to go up with me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trying to decide if it'll be worth the ride. (for the fish, the company will be extraordinary)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can make it you should, Edb already claimed my spare rod and reel but if you don't have any gear you can use mine
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
getting the gear set guys, tomorrow marks the start of my salmon season!!!!      lets get this started!!

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
getting the gear set guys, tomorrow marks the start of my salmon season!!!!      lets get this started!!

http://i.imgur.com/XhaIu3j.jpg
View Quote

Wait you use fly line.. let me guess you like to use black sponge too... Nothing attracts a salmons asshole like a black sponge...  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If you can make it you should, Edb already claimed my spare rod and reel but if you don't have any gear you can use mine
View Quote

Thank you. If spinning gear works, I should be all set.

Plan B: Slip a mickey in the pickled jalapenos to take care of EdB!

Good luck with your opener. Keep the pictures coming!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait you use fly line.. let me guess you like to use black sponge too... Nothing attracts a salmons asshole like a black sponge...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/XhaIu3j.jpg

"rit n tha muth"

you mean salmon don't swim backwards?      

I'm no snagger
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey some of us are waiting for an update... where is it
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey some of us are waiting for an update... where is it
View Quote

Did a lot of walking last saturday, didn't see anything.    Checked out a few of my favorite places to see if anything changed with the spring floods.    

I'll be up again satuday to look around, this week has already been better, but still no major push of fish.   Going off the weather and lake reports I'd say we are two weeks away from the big push
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Not sure I can pull the trip off yet during that week,   but tagging to see updates.    
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not sure I can pull the trip off yet during that week,   but tagging to see updates.    
View Quote

I'll be up every weekend at least one day from now until november.    If you can make it up let me know

I'll be up there this sunday too, was going to take my daughter tomorrow but its supposed to pour so we'll be there sunday instead
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'll be up every weekend at least one day from now until november.    If you can make it up let me know

I'll be up there this sunday too, was going to take my daughter tomorrow but its supposed to pour so we'll be there sunday instead
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds Great

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm hoping that this big cold front moving through this weekend will finally light the fire under these fish to run, been spotty so far this year.    if they run late sep expect an epic week in october.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Brad, I may be ejecting on this trip weekends in sept & oct are filling up
and i may not have the time and caysh to make it all happen
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

damn

I hope you can make it bud
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Getting really antsy.  I just returned to work this week after being out from April 1 (Trout opener ironically).
Im not so sure my shoulder will allow me to haul in a fish, but I want to try.  The nerve damage from my fall
and surgery is pretty significant and I can only lift my left arm so its parallel to to gound.  I figure a 35 lb king
might work out all the kinks......or rip my arm clean off .

The real issue is if I can take a few days off after having off for 5 months straight during our busy time.  I
always take time off for salmon and another 2 weeks for hunting.  Might not get so lucky this time
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Getting really antsy.  I just returned to work this week after being out from April 1 (Trout opener ironically).
Im not so sure my shoulder will allow me to haul in a fish, but I want to try.  The nerve damage from my fall
and surgery is pretty significant and I can only lift my left arm so its parallel to to gound.  I figure a 35 lb king
might work out all the kinks......or rip my arm clean off .

The real issue is if I can take a few days off after having off for 5 months straight during our busy time.  I
always take time off for salmon and another 2 weeks for hunting.  Might not get so lucky this time
View Quote

we will duct tape the rod to your arm, you'll be fine
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#34]
You're going to have to put out some sort of blast: "Salmon are running!"  All these false starts are spoiling it all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

damn

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn

I have been contacted by senior administration and was told in no uncertain terms that my absence will not be acceptable.
Something about big butts ....
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have been contacted by senior administration and was told in no uncertain terms that my absence will not be acceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn

you'll be banned

I'll be up tomorrow for half a day fishing, sunrise to around 11am, I've got stuff to do in the afternoon but if anyone wants to join me for the morning feel free to.   I'll most likely be fishing around pulaski, probably ballpark
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Im heading up wednesday (provided this piece of shit I am working on at work doesnt blow up).. and I will be up there next weekend also.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Im heading up wednesday (provided this piece of shit I am working on at work doesnt blow up).. and I will be up there next weekend also.
View Quote

I'll be up next weekend too, hoping to get my daughter into some salmon, shes 12 and has yet to fight one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#39]
im not sure if your one of those people that spends rediculous money to fish the douglaston.. but if your not and the fish are in, I have a great spot just where the douglaston and black hole meet.. Thats where we will probably start our day and move up river as the fish get moving.. let me know if you are in the area
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#40]
going up Saturday if plans don't change. probably start the morning just above the town hole where the webcam from salmon river sports shop points.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
going up Saturday if plans don't change. probably start the morning just above the town hole where the webcam from salmon river sports shop points.
View Quote

I'll be up sat or sun, not sure yet.  

fishing is slllloooowwww right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

whats your go to pattern for the river?  just curious for some examples of whats successful.  trying to get up there before duck season
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

whats your go to pattern for the river?  just curious for some examples of whats successful.  trying to get up there before duck season
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for salmon its estaz, thats pretty much it.   blue, orange, red or pink.    

steelhead I use all kinds of flies but the best are sucker spawn and small black nymphs or stone flies.    in January a prince nymph will catch steelies all day long
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I thought black sponge on a 4/0 hook fished with braid was the go to pattern...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I thought black sponge on a 4/0 hook fished with braid was the go to pattern...
View Quote

only for guys who can't fish
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Just found out my fishing buddy (Jack) will be fly fishing Montana that weekend so we are coming
up Oct. 9, 10, 11 and 12.  Thats late for us and I typically wont fish Columbus weekend as it's a
free for all on the river.  Hate to jinx it but the "slow" reports are actually encouraging as any delay in
the big run favors our later trip.  Hate to miss the ARFCOM gathering too......
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just found out my fishing buddy (Jack) will be fly fishing Montana that weekend so we are coming
up Oct. 9, 10, 11 and 12.  Thats late for us and I typically wont fish Columbus weekend as it's a
free for all on the river.  Hate to jinx it but the "slow" reports are actually encouraging as any delay in
the big run favors our later trip.  Hate to miss the ARFCOM gathering too......
View Quote

well I should be up that weekend, so we'll have to try to hook up for a beer.    I hope they run by this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#48]
ill be up there tomorrow.. ill put a report up if there are any fish in the river
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
ill be up there tomorrow.. ill put a report up if there are any fish in the river
View Quote

well how'd ya do?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

well how'd ya do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well how'd ya do?

Damn my man it is a 4 hour drive home.. need to give me some time to sign on.. LOL

it was a bust today.. not many fish moving couple people hooked up real quick in the morning on the halodane run.. The guy I was with landed one at the trestle.. i ended up landing a creek chub that was all of 3 inches long.. That was really about it..   We went over to oswego around 1:30 and had a better day there.. I went 0/3 and my buddy went 2 / 5 (one nice 5lb or so rainbow, and a decent king 15lbs?)...

All in all unless i hear that something major happens in the next day or two I wont be making the trek back up there on friday.. Ill wait another week,,
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top