Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 5:41:09 PM EDT
NY State Police and DHS classify "buying ammo in quantity" as suspicious activity...

If You SEE Something.....SAY Something

(courtesy of SurvivalBlog.com)

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Them
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck them indeed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Were paying Troopers to drive around and hang fucking fliers????  FUAC, WTF
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#4]
"If you see something, say something"
OK, I will: how about "can I help you carry out your purchase?" or "Do they have anymore left?"
What was that quote about not inviting the man into your life?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]

I follow the "if you see something, say something" principle.

On several occasions, I've seen ammo for sale in WalMart and started threads about it on Arfcom so people could head out and buy it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#6]
What's the big deal, it's only one box in the picture.  Surely one box is not suspicious.  In fact it would be better to be one box of wood, with 2-4 of those metal boxes inside.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]
i hate too tell you.. You purchase more than 2,000 rounds of ammo over the internet expect a visit from the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Just saw a box with 680 rounds of 7.62 at Walmart the other day, freaking bs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i hate too tell you.. You purchase more than 2,000 rounds of ammo over the internet expect a visit from the ATF.
View Quote

How  would they even know? Is there a reporting requirement for a certain quantity?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How  would they even know? Is there a reporting requirement for a certain quantity?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what i have been told by one of they guys i work with (lives in West Virginia) He ordered 5,000 rounds of 9mm to feed his class 3 weapons.  A week after the order came in the ATF showed up. He refused to allow them inside and called the Sheriff. Sheriff told them to leave and they complied.

Sheriff told him they will be back so be prepared. It appears DHS is tracking any order of more than 2000 rounds to a resident(s) to make sure they are not being used for illegal uses.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

After the 2008 Election of the Kenyan Usurper, I panic bought 10,000 rounds of XM193.  My wife was NOT HAPPY.  But, no visit from anyone except my UPS driver and my dogs all survived just fine.

"Thunder," my beloved doberman, died in 2011 of natural causes.  RIP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

HA, no.  I have had multiple 5k plus purchases come through with not one fuck given by ATF
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#13]
" Loose lips sink ships."
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#15]
What is the definition of "large purchase"? 1k rounds? 100k rounds?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is the definition of "large purchase"? 1k rounds? 100k rounds?
View Quote

More than 50 in NY.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#19]
So, I guess the state troopers are sick of being beat to buy up the .22 at Walmart then?

I thought I lived in America.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

From what i have been told by one of they guys i work with (lives in West Virginia) He ordered 5,000 rounds of 9mm to feed his class 3 weapons.  A week after the order came in the ATF showed up. He refused to allow them inside and called the Sheriff. Sheriff told them to leave and they complied.

Sheriff told him they will be back so be prepared. It appears DHS is tracking any order of more than 2000 rounds to a resident(s) to make sure they are not being used for illegal uses.
View Quote
Who was the retailer and do you suspect they self reported?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's got to be fairly isolated. I can say without a doubt that I have ordered 3000 rounds twice in the last 18 months and never heard a thing....

then again maybe they were watching me through my windows?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

that's got to be fairly isolated. I can say without a doubt that I have ordered 3000 rounds twice in the last 18 months and never heard a thing....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if they weren't I sure might be

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet at least 25% of this site has ordered more than 2k rounds at once.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm strangely comfortable knowing this
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Road trip to Pennsylvania Cabelas?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#29]
There is a 450 table gun show at the Wyoming county fairgrounds the 3-4. I think I am attending
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Count me in. I have a couple hundred dollars of gift certificates. There is also a badass gun shop on the way with class 3 items we can drool over. Can't remember the name of the shop, but we found it on our way home. When we told the guy we were from ny he unloaded his safe letting us finger fuck his sbr's and silencers. Damn I hate NY. FUAC!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#31]
How about if I jerk off and jizz 2,000 times in their general direction??  Will they come asking me to see my cock?  No?  Well, what if my loads are rapid fire, high powered squirts of copious, gooey white chocolate DNA loaded dum dum porridge?  Will they come asking to take a look at my incredible equipment then?

And if not, then what the fuck does a guy have to do to get these assholes to slobber on his meat pole of doom, for christ sakes??!!  Let's fucking party already, you fucking cock heads!!

So fucking disgusted beyond belief by this bullshit!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How about if I jerk off and jizz 2,000 times in their general direction??  Will they come asking me to see my cock?  No?  Well, what if my loads are rapid fire, high powered squirts of copious, gooey white chocolate DNA loaded dum dum porridge?  Will they come asking to take a look at my incredible equipment then?

And if not, then what the fuck does a guy have to do to get these assholes to slobber on his meat pole of doom, for christ sakes??!!  Let's fucking party already, you fucking cock heads!!

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Screen Name is appropriate!  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like finding creative ways of saying "they can fucking blow me!!"

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:54:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Should we report the US and State government - They seem to be buying LOTS of ammo, Lots of Emergency Supplies.

I wonder if the state police notice that the DHS website and CDC both have disaster preparation pages where many of these items would be your proper civic duty to buy and have.  How freaking ironic!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

ill give an ammo check tuesday night since i have to be in va for work wednesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top