BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Already got one!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
No lie, one of our "members" withdrew $5,000. dollars, stamped every single bill and re-deposited it.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Due to the recent newspaper article regarding this stamp, we are temporarily sold out.  
View Quote

I just had to look it up after I saw that.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/23/cash-denouncing-cuomo-spreading-across-ny/8065587/
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No lie, one of our "members" withdrew $5,000. dollars, stamped every single bill and re-deposited it.  
View Quote

Sounds like a wonderful idea :D
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
This was actually covered on the local news (channel 3, Syracuse)  this AM.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Even the D&C had an article about it this morning. For some reason they thought people were trying to deface the money illegally and get it pulled from circulation. Somebody should let them know the idea is to keep that money in circulation so more people see it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to buy stickers saying the same thing. Metro North seats and stations would be my target. Anyone selling these?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#9]
This is great - Something we can do that largely his supporters can't (Stamp "Cash") They have mostly EBT cards and no cash
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Even the D&C had an article about it this morning. For some reason they thought people were trying to deface the money illegally and get it pulled from circulation. Somebody should let them know the idea is to keep that money in circulation so more people see it.
View Quote

Sooner or later the banks will pull money that's been over-stamped like that.
Best hope is to stamp money that's likely to get passed hand to hand in private transactions and not hit a bank, to maximize exposure
Simply re-depositing the over-stamped bills at the bank will result in them being pulled from circulation sooner I believe
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want to buy stickers saying the same thing. Metro North seats and stations would be my target. Anyone selling these?
View Quote

As much as I hate Cuomo don't deface my trains
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can be easily pulled off. What line do you work on?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All, It is like coming into our home and defacing it. We frown upon it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#14]
OK, point taken. I'll find other targets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Just read the news paper article and placed my order, came to 12$ and change with postage, FUAC ... and now I stamp every piece of paper in my house.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered!! I will stamp every bill that crosses my path
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like the way he fights!  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm down. When will they be available again?  I handle a lot of cash at my job and would like to stamp all of it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top