Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 6:23:42 AM EDT
Was at the club at the weekend and got talking with a couple of members who registered their guns. Both were a bit concerned that they hadn't heard anything back from the state police.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#3]
First you get an email that you are approved. Then you get a hard copy in the mail with the guns and mags you listed and a registration number.

Next you have to report to the work camp to have it tattooed onto your inner arm.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You can register MAGS under UN-Safe act?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can register MAGS under UN-Safe act?
View Quote

Curio and Relic high caps, yes. Registered to a particular gun I believe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
They do not have to be registered to a gun, just for use in a C&R gun
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thought you had to demonstrate that you owned a model of the gun they would work with. Didn't pay too close of attention as I bought 10 round M1 carbine mags and removed the barrel bands with bayo lugs for non-bayo lug bands.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I called them and received clarification on that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thought you had to demonstrate that you owned a model of the gun they would work with. Didn't pay too close of attention as I bought 10 round M1 carbine mags and removed the barrel bands with bayo lugs for non-bayo lug bands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this thread one of our members says he was able to register his M1 carbine mags without registering a rifle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Registration? I thought that was only for criminals and gang members?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know someone who registered a bunch of mags without registering any guns. He got confirmation that the registration was accepted.

~shrug~

Magazine registration doesn't even make sense. There is no identification to that particular magazine showing that its the one you registered.

ETA: and the 72 hour bullshit if ever caught with them you could claim you just picked them up at a garage sale the other day.

Glad my tax dollars pay for this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ETA: and the 72 hour bullshit if ever caught with them you could claim you just picked them up at a garage sale the other day.
View Quote

So now the law allows you 72 hours to register newly acquired mags, but 240 hours to register newly acquired pistols? That's consistent.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So now the law allows you 72 hours to register newly acquired mags, but 240 hours to register newly acquired pistols? That's consistent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My clerk doesn't even give blank tickets anymore (Delaware county) Where they still doing this?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My clerk doesn't even give blank tickets anymore (Delaware county) Where they still doing this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I lived in Suffolk they gave you 10 days to bring your new pistol in for inspection and have it added to your license. I thought it was a penal law requirement but maybe it was just a county thing, since other counties don't even require physical presentation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#15]
They didn't hear from NYSP yet? Tresmond running out of secretaries to fire?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#16]
F_U Reggies
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know someone who registered a bunch of mags without registering any guns. He got confirmation that the registration was accepted.

~shrug~

Magazine registration doesn't even make sense. There is no identification to that particular magazine showing that its the one you registered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~shrug~

That was me. Read the thread. Yes, THEY have to prove you had the mags for more than 72 hours.
More on point, if you have a few registered mags, they have no way to establish which is which and it almost eliminates the need to register additional mags, unless of course you are silly enough to leave a paper trail on the purchases.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Give it time.

They'll hear.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I haven't heard back either. this is the initial email they send you upon registering:

[email protected]
Apr 14 (10 days ago)

to me
Thank you for submitting your assault weapon information.
Your application for registration has been accepted.

Your tracking number is: #########

Please be advised that this message should not be viewed as confirmation of a successful registration of your weapon. Do not expect such confirmation any sooner than three (3) business days from today's date. Lastly, please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox.
View Quote

10 days later, nothing. I hope their website wasn't programmed by the same people that created the obamo care site...  I guess we are all criminals now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:29:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I registered 2 guns around April 10 and received a letter of confirmation in the mail about 3 days later. I apologies to everyone for being an ass hat for doing so and have since moved my guns to another place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I registered 2 guns around April 10 and received a letter of confirmation in the mail about 3 days later. I apologies to everyone for being an ass hat for doing so and have since moved my guns to another place.
View Quote

Don't beat yourself up. These are scary and trying times right now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#22]
OTOH, I chose to sell my M1 Carbine mags, remove the bayo lug, and buy ten rounders.    Got rid of the pistol grip on my remaining AR.   Will register squat, although I do have handguns, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top