Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 11:22:17 AM EDT
Saw this on Drudge a little while ago.

http://observer.com/2014/04/rick-perry-challenges-andrew-cuomo-to-debate-on-jobs/

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who will be arriving in New York this afternoon for a trip trying to lure businesses to the Lone Star State, offered a Texas-sized take-down of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s record on job creation this morning and challenged him to a debate.

“I’d be more than happy to sit down and have a thoughtful conversation, a debate with Gov. Cuomo over the issues that face us as a state and talk about the economic policies and compare New York to Texas,” said Mr. Perry, speaking on New York Post columnist Fred Dicker’s Live from the State Capitol radio show. “I think that would be not only interesting and fun, but a thoughtful way for us as a country to have a discussion between two of the major states in America, talking about which one of these policies are actually better for our people.”

Mr. Cuomo has made a point of emphasizing tax cuts and job growth as he runs for re-election, but Mr. Perry quickly brushed aside those efforts. Asked about an ad campaign Mr. Cuomo has been running advertising the state’s new tax-free zones to lure new businesses, Mr. Perry ran through a list of companies that had relocated or expanded into Texas recently, and also pointed to New York’s high net migration rate.

“There’s a real message there: More wealth left the state of New York and California than any other two states in the nation,”
said Mr. Perry. “And you have to be honest about this: It’s about tax policy, it’s about regulatory policy, it’s about the legal system, and then it’s about a skilled workforce.”

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/04/rick-perry-challenges-andrew-cuomo-to-debate-on-jobs/#ixzz2ze1hHfSE

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd watch it. Cuomo would never do it though. He knows he'd get his ass whooped in front of the nation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it would matter to Cuomos target downstate audience
Those types view Perry as the evil Republican
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
All Cuomo has to do is just keep repeating his talking points about "fairness" and "income equality" and the sheep in the news will declare him the winner of any debate.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All Cuomo has to do is just keep repeating his talking points about "fairness" and "income equality" and the sheep in the news will declare him the winner of any debate.
View Quote

He wouldn't even bother- what is in it for him?  Just acknowledging the challenge to a debate works against him so he'll ignore it or simply have a flip response to it when he is being interviewed by his buddies at WCNY, Alan Chartock at WAMC or whatever.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone here think he (Perry) will run for Prez. again?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Perry and Cuomo aren't even talking about the same thing when they talk about employment.

Cuomo is talking about job creation for government, banking, finance and entertainment sectors in NYC and Albany.

Perry is talking about technology, skilled labor and manufacturing, which is for little people.  

Both are doing exactly what they promise.   One has trickle down economics, one keeps the money in a few hands.   You can figure out which is which by looking at the state economies.

BUT Cuomo doesn't care about the STATE economy; he cares about the downstate economy.  Votes is votes, money is money, and the upstate farmers and engineers don't have enough to make him care.    Cuomo doesn't care if the population is leaving the state because those that are leaving are the little people, not those in banking or finance or opera.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
el douche would never do it, and if he did it would be just fitting to give prince Andrew "regards" from the Avila's new compound in TX.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
el douche would never do it, and if he did it would be just fitting to give prince Andrew "regards" from the Avila's new compound in TX.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Cuomo's a Douche!  He doesn't deserve to be in Rick Perry's presence!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Headline on Drudge today: Perry throws down gauntlet as Cuomo ducks debate challenge...

Texas Gov. Rick Perry was in New York today to make his pitch to business leaders he hopes to lure to the Lone Star State, and took the opportunity to reissue his debate challenge to Gov. Andrew Cuomo–who today declined the request.

“Yes, I’m here recruiting business. I’m don’t shy away from that. I’m very upfront about that. But I’m also here to help stimulate a conversation with the people of New York state, the people in New York City, the legislators, the governor,” said Mr. Perry, speaking to reporters after a lunch with business owners at Hill Country BBQ.

Earlier this week, Mr. Perry said he wanted to sit down with Mr. Cuomo face-to-face to debate the two states’ approaches to economic policy, which Mr. Cuomo–whose office did not respond to requests for comment–today dismissed as  “unlikely,” according to reports.

“I hope he’ll seriously consider doing it. I think it would be good for the people of New York and it’d be good for the country,” said Mr. Perry. “I’ll leave that to you all to probe him on.”

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/04/perry-pitches-texas-to-new-york-businesses-hits-cuomo-on-ads/
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top