Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 6:35:30 AM EDT

Is it safe to renew my Team Membership?  Fact is that I have mentioned on more than one occasion here that I haven't registered a damn thing with the state, gotten rid of any of my "hi cap" mags or even downloaded the rounds out of any of them.  I'm still operating like it's 2012 and hoping for relative anonymity on here so the JBT's don't break down my doors and shoot my dags.

But, I have to renew my Team Membership and need some assurances that my CC info won't compromise me.  Ed?  Goatboy?  Is it SAFE?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol
You have a red sticker on your mail box.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol
You have a red sticker on your mail box.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unless you live in Nassau county I wouldn't worry too much.

If they start knocking down doors to get people's stuff it's way beyond hiding stuff time!
View Quote
Gee and I live in Nassau County

Heck, we have been Code Red for years now.  They have known who has what for years since the various gun store raids.  And what they don't, the BATFE will gladly provide.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
They have all the really good computers, it's easy enough for them to get your IP and trace this back to anything you've ever done online.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#7]
We know who you are and where you live.  Just put hands on top of your head and don't move.  We will be breaking your door down shortly.
signed .gov

ps please leave your dog chained up in the yard so we can shoot him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Inb4 Party Van .

In all seriousness though I wouldn't think it would be a team membership renewal that would give away your identity. Assuming you're not doing anything special with your IP address that is. Most people don't. If you're really worried about cc info then go get a prepaid AMEX from your local grocery store and use it to renew.  Personally I think they'll just follow the ways of old and raid gun shops or just wait for slip ups at the range.  Not to say that if you were ever caught that they wouldn't court order the site to turn over any and all posts you've made.  At that point though it would be kind of irrelevant.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If they start knocking down doors to get people's stuff it's way beyond hiding stuff time!
View Quote

They're not even gonna do that in nassau county.  They haven't the manpower for anything like it.  Even during sandy they didn't have the manpower to make the evacuations stick.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
By the way, Happy Anniversary.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anybody know this guy? other than he's here every day saying how he's breaking the law?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.foinews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/marathon-man-olivier_l.jpg

Is it safe to renew my Team Membership?  Fact is that I have mentioned on more than one occasion here that I haven't registered a damn thing with the state, gotten rid of any of my "hi cap" mags or even downloaded the rounds out of any of them.  I'm still operating like it's 2012 and hoping for relative anonymity on here so the JBT's don't break down my doors and shoot my dags.

But, I have to renew my Team Membership and need some assurances that my CC info won't compromise me.  Ed?  Goatboy?  Is it SAFE?
Does anybody know this guy? other than he's here every day saying how he's breaking the law?  

I believe OP is an albino midget that resides in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey,

I respect your convictions. Maybe you should not tempt fate by typing this sort of thing.

Fight the good fight, but do it on this side of the prison bars.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think we all stand on the same side as you. We have the same feelings you have. But just because you can doesn't always mean you should. I get it man, I'm pissed beyond belief. They fucked us worse than ever. Do what you gatta do but just make sure your still on the outside. We need all the guys on our side we can.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They're not even gonna do that in nassau county.  They haven't the manpower for anything like it.  Even during sandy they didn't have the manpower to make the evacuations stick.

But that was just about saving lives, not about the governors pet project of banning guns.  They'll do what they did with the gun store raids; bring in the NYSP.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:43:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that was just about saving lives, not about the governors pet project of banning guns.  They'll do what they did with the gun store raids; bring in the NYSP.

So the NYSP are going to go door to door in Nassau County????   Really!!?!?!?  LMFAO, it'll only take them 10-15 years to complete that search.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't know why you keep up with this stuff. You think the site never gets subpoenaed? I don't care if you wear a machinegun on your head at your house but you seem intent on pushing this  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why you keep up with this stuff. You think the site never gets subpoenaed? I don't care if you wear a machinegun on your head at your house but you seem intent on pushing this  

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This has to be a joke, right?

I doubt LEO are going to look for people violating SAFE via the internet, because there are easier ways to catch people who they can actually see violating the law (versus you, who may or may not be).  If you spend a few hours at the range, you'll probably see a few.  

That said, when you post that you're violating the law, you are making a public confession to every person who reads your post: people who like you, people who don't, people who are lurking and you're not even aware of.  Any one of them could call the police and say there's some guy bragging about breaking the law online.  Would that trigger the NYSP to actively look for you?  Maybe, they probably don't like people thumbing their noses at the police, and it would probably be funny to arrest you.  Like idiots who brag about crimes on Facebook, only to get quickly busted.

Now if they tried to find you, they could do so easily without your CC, unless you are taking active steps to hide yourself (which it doesn't sound like, since you're just "hoping" that you are anonymous).  So whether the site has your CC or not, you will be very easy to find.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I see what you are doing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the NYSP are going to go door to door in Nassau County????   Really!!?!?!?  LMFAO, it'll only take them 10-15 years to complete that search.

I was being sarcastic.
However, from a logistical standpoint, how difficult would it be?  First of all, it is not as if they would be searching in every county in the state.  Excluding NYC, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester stand out in their rabid hatred of firearm ownership (note that these counties have never issued a resolution opposing SAFE).  Of those, only Nassau has gone the extra mile to conduct raids on gun stores and review 4473's looking for specific types of purchases all courtesy of DA Rice who is now stumping to replace Carolyn McCarthy (also recall that anyone working in her department is prohibited from owning firearms.  They agree to that as a condition of employment.  The employment form specifically asks if you own any guns and you are required to get rid of them as a condition of employment).  If you went back maybe 20 years to the start of the Clinton ban (just for chuckles and because many people bought up any AR-15 pattern rifle they could find at the time) and copied names and addresses in Nassau County from those 4473's listing firearms that met the SAFE act criteria and were not in the new registration database, you might have between 5000 and 10,000 addresses to deal with in Nassau County at most.  Cull those down to properties that have not been sold in that time and you have even less.  Then to make things even easier, you pick an area with the highest density of addresses and you target it making sure the media is involved.  If that is still too difficult, you pick perhaps 50 addresses at random all around the county and stage simultaneous inspections, again making sure the media is reporting it.  How quickly do you think those people not in compliance and not targeted will look to get their $#!t in order lest there be a second round?
Living in this county you get paranoid but that is only because THEY REALLY ARE OUT TO GET YOU.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was being sarcastic.

However, from a logistical standpoint, how difficult would it be?  First of all, it is not as if they would be searching in every county in the state.  Excluding NYC, Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester stand out in their rabid hatred of firearm ownership (note that these counties have never issued a resolution opposing SAFE).  Of those, only Nassau has gone the extra mile to conduct raids on gun stores and review 4473's looking for specific types of purchases all courtesy of DA Rice who is now stumping to replace Carolyn McCarthy (also recall that anyone working in her department is prohibited from owning firearms.  They agree to that as a condition of employment.  The employment form specifically asks if you own any guns and you are required to get rid of them as a condition of employment).  If you went back maybe 20 years to the start of the Clinton ban (just for chuckles and because many people bought up any AR-15 pattern rifle they could find at the time) and copied names and addresses in Nassau County from those 4473's listing firearms that met the SAFE act criteria and were not in the new registration database, you might have between 5000 and 10,000 addresses to deal with in Nassau County at most.  Cull those down to properties that have not been sold in that time and you have even less.  Then to make things even easier, you pick an area with the highest density of addresses and you target it making sure the media is involved.  If that is still too difficult, you pick perhaps 50 addresses at random all around the county and stage simultaneous inspections, again making sure the media is reporting it.  How quickly do you think those people not in compliance and not targeted will look to get their $#!t in order lest there be a second round?

Living in this county you get paranoid but that is only because THEY REALLY ARE OUT TO GET YOU.

sorry i missed your sarcasm.  this is actually the first day in the last four that i haven't run a fever.  i guess my brain's a little fried.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top