Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2014 6:37:30 AM EDT
Any of you local guys can offer some advice about beating a parking ticket for an expired meter in downtown Yonkers?  The ticket was written about 15 minutes before I returned to my car.  I'm really not interested in paying a $45 fine, especially after paying the city so much in taxes.

Any tips, tricks, or help?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding that you are screwed...unless it's a situation where you had a picture that the meter was broken or non-existent or something.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Was your meter expired?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was your meter expired?
View Quote

Fifth Amendment.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
In order to beat the tix, beat the parking meter Was it a hand-wriiten tix or handheld scanner generated? You're pretty much effed if they scanned your registration barcode unless the car is not yours.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In order to beat the tix, beat the parking meter Was it a hand-wriiten tix or handheld scanner generated? You're pretty much effed if they scanned your registration barcode unless the car is not yours.
View Quote

Scanner.  So the consensus is "screwed?"

Paging Batjka.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Paging Batjka.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paging Batjka.....

That's parking enforcement.  You got a better chance of hitting lotto.

Now get your ass out of Getty Square.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the ticket completely and accurately filled out? If there are errors you might have a chance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope no errors.  =/
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]
You're screwed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:00:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, just pay it. It sucks, but at least it's not a $115 ticket in NYC.

To make you feel better, I went to the rally in Albany and got a $50 parking ticket there there cause their signs are retarded. So my protest turned out costlier than I've anticipated. Paid that ticket yesterday. FUAC! I'm still glad I went.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top