Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2014 5:12:59 AM EDT
Let's say I am visiting Texas . Am I able to buy ammo down here and ship it up to NY? UPS or Fed EX?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Only if you ship to an FFL or ammo dealer (not sure they have these yet)
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure that's correct. The law says you cant purchase ammo online. So what's different if I buy ammo out of state and bring it in (legal) or buy ammo out of state and ship it in yourself. OP I would say I think your okay. Maybe one of the more intelligent members can chime in but this is my take.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say you're ok as long as it's face to face transaction I don't see it being an issue then mailing it to yourself, the law is you can't purchase it online and with the background check and record of sales isn't up yet you're ok. I'm sure there are guys on here that could give you a better answer or have more knowledge on it
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say you're ok as long as it's face to face transaction I don't see it being an issue then mailing it to yourself, the law is you can't purchase it online and with the background check and record of sales isn't up yet you're ok. I'm sure there are guys on here that could give you a better answer or have more knowledge on it
View Quote

Possession of ammo is not illegal (yet) so as it reads you possessed it and mailed it to yourself. Unlike semi automatic weapons with detachable magazines and pistol grips which are illegal to possess.

But to make it easier... Just mail it to me. I'll take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm what about getting a PO box in PA  and having online ammo shipped there?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ammo can't be shipped to PO boxes I believe. I think this was discussed a while ago.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ammo can't be shipped to PO boxes I believe. I think this was discussed a while ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

technically correct per USPS ..  i believe there is a sign in the PO saying what you can receive in a POB.. but if YOUR shipping it are you really gonna put an ORM D sticker on it?

if its coming from a dealer then its going to be seriously obvious of the goodies inside and some clerk will confiscate it and shoot your ammo next to you at the range next time you go  

i fucking hate USPS
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a box from a UPS store and get it shipped there. And forget USPS.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that's an idea
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Now that's an idea
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's an idea

I might do that after the ammo crunch ends... closest one is ~2 hours away though.

Shipping to yourself should be perfectly legal, although I think UPS/Fedex would refuse to deliver ammo to a non-FFL shipping address.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I might do that after the ammo crunch ends... closest one is ~2 hours away though.

Shipping to yourself should be perfectly legal, although I think UPS/Fedex would refuse to deliver ammo to a non-FFL shipping address.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's an idea

I'm good on ammo since I reload. But my plan is to get a box in PA and get it shipped there. Which roughly 1.5hrs from my house.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Federal law prohibits shipping small arms cartridges via the USPS.  This
has nothing to do with the unSAFE Act or ORM D required marking and has
been the case for as long as I can remember. You must use a
common carrier (UPS, FedEX etc.) when shipping small arms cartridges.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody except a commercial seller can ship you ammo (which is a violation of the commerce clause).
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anybody except a commercial seller can ship you ammo (which is a violation of the commerce clause).
View Quote

So myself as an out of state private citizen can ship ammo to a private citizen in NY without going through an FFL?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top