Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The way I see it, the more options out there for guys to keep building rifles, the better. Everyone has their order of what is most important to them. Some want the ability to have a detachable mag. Others want the rifle to look as much like an AR as possible. I did this because I was asked to help.Frank was relentless. When I did the FAB10 for us Calif guys back in 2001, all I faced was negativity and opposition. Damn near gave up but I didn't. I could not even get some of the major manufacturers to sell me handguards for crying out loud. It seemed to me we were being punished by some  for something we never voted for. To this day I remember those Companies and I will not buy shit from them. At last count, there are 50 states in this country and we need to stick together. It is important to keep the tradition of owning and building firearms alive. When Frank called, I remembered there wasn't anyone there for me or us, so since I have some experience in this I thought that maybe I could do a little more than just pay my dues to the NRA. I am just the facilitator. It is up to Frank how he wants to go forward with it. It is only right that an NY'er make those decisions. I will see to it that they get made. If it gets beyond my capabilities, there are other options I have. Craig
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love to see this come to market. the more options we have the better off we are. as its been said some of us are not in a position to move, that shouldn't mean we cant enjoy shooting
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The way I see it, the more options out there for guys to keep building rifles, the better. Everyone has their order of what is most important to them. Some want the ability to have a detachable mag. Others want the rifle to look as much like an AR as possible. I did this because I was asked to help.Frank was relentless. When I did the FAB10 for us Calif guys back in 2001, all I faced was negativity and opposition. Damn near gave up but I didn't. I could not even get some of the major manufacturers to sell me handguards for crying out loud. It seemed to me we were being punished by some  for something we never voted for. To this day I remember those Companies and I will not buy shit from them. At last count, there are 50 states in this country and we need to stick together. It is important to keep the tradition of owning and building firearms alive. When Frank called, I remembered there wasn't anyone there for me or us, so since I have some experience in this I thought that maybe I could do a little more than just pay my dues to the NRA. I am just the facilitator. It is up to Frank how he wants to go forward with it. It is only right that an NY'er make those decisions. I will see to it that they get made. If it gets beyond my capabilities, there are other options I have. Craig
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Craig, for your assistance with all of this.  Many of us appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if no one steps up to the plate......THANK YOU!!  Your work is appreciated.....and Frank's persistence.  I like the design, it seems to hit the mark and improves (IMHO) upon your previous work.  Namely by the ability to load w/o pulling pins and tilting the upper.  Further being able to "dump" the mag, or restrict it for hunting are a big plus.

The voices of opposition always seem loudest, screw them, you have the correct attitude.  We ARE in this together and sowing the seeds for future gun enthusiasts/builders is one of the things most in jeopardy with these restrictive statutes.

Carry on

Edit: OK, the appreciation starting coming while I was typing....
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Any updates possible on this?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I will have an update shortly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah they originally claimed they had a letter. I have no idea what to believe.
View Quote

I agree it's extremely shady.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Same here.  I would even prepay.  Of all of the workarounds out there, this is the only one I feel comfortable with.  YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd definitely be in for 1 or 2 of these in the $100-125 price range.

Maybe 2-3.

Same here.  I would even prepay.  Of all of the workarounds out there, this is the only one I feel comfortable with.  YMMV.

I'd buy a few, prepayment is fine by me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Hm... now if someone could invent a quick-release-realoading floorplate, we'd be all set.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bump again.
View Quote

Just updated here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/562384_So_what_are_the_fixed_mag_kit_options_for_ARs_.html&page=2

Sorry again for the delay on updating.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just updated here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/562384_So_what_are_the_fixed_mag_kit_options_for_ARs_.html&page=2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump again.

Just updated here:

Cross post from the other thread:

Ah, I understand how this works as a legal AR pistol.

The SAFE Act pretty much bans any semi-auto pistol that accepts detachable magazines where the magazine is inserted in a place other than the pistol grip.  This does not meet that definition because the magazine is FIXED, so it doesn't matter where the magazine loads.

Sounds awesome.

Can we see video of loading the magazine, please?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The SAFE Act pretty much bans any semi-auto pistol that accepts detachable magazines where the magazine is inserted in a place other than the pistol grip.  This does not meet that definition because the magazine is FIXED, so it doesn't matter where the magazine loads.

Sounds awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump again.

Just updated here:

Sounds awesome.

I will try to post a video later tonight. Okay, I did a video with my cell phone, but have no idea how to post it. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#17]
This is great, I will absolutely purchase a few as soon as they are available.
Please tell me there's & AR10 Version in the works
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#18]
While I applaud the OP and his ingenuity in attempting to get around the Unsafe Act, I am more than a little worried that the State will close this overlooked "loophole" in the next round of "common sense" gun control measures.  How many members here spent lots of money of previously legal preban items in an effort to comply with the Pataki "assault weapon" ban?  If the Dims take control of the Senate as predicted no semi auto will be safe and if the unthinkable happens and someone takes a shot at the ruling class expect them to go full retard in an effort to disarm us.  You don't need ten bullets to kill a deeah!

I freaking need to get out of this shithole of a state!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While I applaud the OP and his ingenuity in attempting to get around the Unsafe Act, I am more than a little worried that the State will close this overlooked "loophole" in the next round of "common sense" gun control measures.  How many members here spent lots of money of previously legal preban items in an effort to comply with the Pataki "assault weapon" ban?  If the Dims take control of the Senate as predicted no semi auto will be safe and if the unthinkable happens and someone takes a shot at the ruling class expect them to go full retard in an effort to disarm us.  You don't need ten bullets to kill a deeah!

View Quote

I somewhat understand what you're saying, but what you see as an attempt to "get around the Unsafe act" I see as simply complying with the new law. I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to when you say "overlooked loophole" What we have now is a features ban on all semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines and all we did was take out the detachable magazine to comply with the law. Once assembled and accompanied by a semi-auto upper half, this will be a semi-auto rifle. This is not the only option out there, but it gives everyone a way to utilize their upper halves that have banned features like bayonet lugs, flash hiders and muzzle brakes and still comply with this new law. At the same time it allows you to load your rifle without breaking open the action. Now if I can just figure out how to post a video.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I somewhat understand what you're saying, but what you see as an attempt to "get around the Unsafe act" I see as simply complying with the new law. I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to when you say "overlooked loophole" What we have now is a features ban on all semi-auto rifles with detachable magazines and all we did was take out the detachable magazine to comply with the law. Once assembled and accompanied by a semi-auto upper half, this will be a semi-auto rifle. This is not the only option out there, but it gives everyone a way to utilize their upper halves that have banned features like bayonet lugs, flash hiders and muzzle brakes and still comply with this new law. At the same time it allows you to load your rifle without breaking open the action. Now if I can just figure out how to post a video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never posted a video here, but I can guess you have to first post the video to a host like YouTube, then click on the video link on the "insert tags" line here &  paste the link.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have never posted a video here, but I can guess you have to first post the video to a host like YouTube, then click on the video link on the "insert tags" line here &  paste the link.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try that, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay, this is my first time doing this so I hope it works. Not the best video, but you can get an idea of how simple it is to load.

http://youtu.be/nqwc8RrfWIE
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olds,

In short, what Bushman is saying is that the legislature's next step is simply to ban all magazine fed semi-auto guns.  Period.  

Think they can't do it?  Well they, with the stroke of Governor (Fuck Be Upon Him) Cuomo's pen, declared many our previously legal items contraband.  Sell out of state, destroy or turn in.  End of story.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Olds,

In short, what Bushman is saying is that the legislature's next step is simply to ban all magazine fed semi-auto guns.  Period.  

Think they can't do it?  Well they, with the stroke of Governor (Fuck Be Upon Him) Cuomo's pen, declared many our previously legal items contraband.  Sell out of state, destroy or turn in.  End of story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olds,

I do understand what he is saying, but what should we do in the meantime? Should we take up bowling, so we won't have to worry about them
banning bowling balls in the near future. Is everyone going to sell their semi-auto magazine fed rifles, just in case somewhere down the road they are banned. No, what we do is improvise and adapt to the current situation. Like I said before, this option is not for everyone. Whoever wants to throw in the towel should do so and move on to something else that isn't in the their sights for banning in the future.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I hear you bro, and do genuinely appreciate your ingenuity.

ETA:  A lot of us are really just jaded, after we paid exorbitant prices for things, in an effort to comply with the law, only to be bent over and fucked dry later.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ETA:  A lot of us are really just jaded, after we paid exorbitant prices for things, in an effort to comply with the law, only to be bent over and fucked dry later.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, been there done that. I can't predict the future, so we're just giving everybody another option for today.   Believe me when I tell you, we are not in this for the money, the profit margin on this is very small. This is a brand new billet lower that comes with a ten round mag. We tried our best to come in at a decent price so it's affordable and we were able to just be above breaking even. Craig is all for keeping the guys doing what they love doing and in a configuration that still looks like an ar15. I do appreciate the feedback, but I was more hoping it would be about the product, not the environment we live in. We still have ability to improve the product if necessary, but sadly not the other.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Count me in as one of the jaded.  I am 99% sure the Senate will be flipping (not a good thing but it beats rewarding the Republicans who voted for SAFE) and by next April I think the Democrat majority will have gone full retard and made us worse than Kali.  Since I do not expect any relief from the 2nd Circuit on the appeal and SCOTUS does not want to get its hand dirty, we are at the mercy of the NYC politicians and we know what their agenda is.  I still thank my lucky stars we are free to move around the country.  My employer is currently in the red and unless new business comes in before the end of the year, I may have that opportunity to move out of NY sooner than I planned.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Just found this New York section, so I apologize for my late response.  

I drew something like this up earlier in the summer (I was a MechE in my earlier life), but didn't have the time to do anything with the idea, so I'm really glad to see someone actually made one.  Looks great!

Any chance of getting one with a five-round capacity?  City of Rochester doesn't differentiate between fixed and detachable magazines when it comes to their five-round limit for rifles.  Otherwise, I would have to look at pinning one or epoxying in one of those Magpul limiters.  Unfortunately, I don't have a pistol permit, because they have a 17-round limit on those magazines (NY's 10-round requirement becomes the limiting factor.)  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just found this New York section, so I apologize for my late response.  

I drew something like this up earlier in the summer (I was a MechE in my earlier life), but didn't have the time to do anything with the idea, so I'm really glad to see someone actually made one.  Looks great!

Any chance of getting one with a five-round capacity?  City of Rochester doesn't differentiate between fixed and detachable magazines when it comes to their five-round limit for rifles.  Otherwise, I would have to look at pinning one or epoxying in one of those Magpul limiters.  Unfortunately, I don't have a pistol permit, because they have a 17-round limit on those magazines (NY's 10-round requirement becomes the limiting factor.)  
View Quote

For now you're just going to have to block it. We'll see how these go and make some decisions further down the road about making changes.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top