well at least the day we leave will be nice
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
We can dry out all the way home!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You better call them for the refund because they need your CC information. I am home today (not working) so maybe they left a voice mail on your phone

That is 3 votes for: FUCK the weather and let's go eat like kings, drink like fish and relax like prima donnas  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

well shit they never called me, I better get a refund from them.

we're going on this trip no matter what,  the weather may suck but I'll drink beer in the face of high winds and rain, shit it will be like steelhead fishing

ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR THE CIRAXIS CREW FUCK THE WEATHER

You better call them for the refund because they need your CC information. I am home today (not working) so maybe they left a voice mail on your phone

That is 3 votes for: FUCK the weather and let's go eat like kings, drink like fish and relax like prima donnas  

Make it 4 although DAMNIT I'm not happy about it!

Hell, once I set up shop tomorrow, I'll work the phones to see if there are any boats on LI that will go out this weekend. The Peconic Star in Greenport comes to mind.
We are balls deep in preps for this party and my old man just flew in this morning so lets go. I swear if by some miracle I make it to heaven, the FIRST thing I'm gonna
do is find mother nature, do unspeakable things to that miserable cunt before the trapdoor opens up and I get flushed down to hades!

UPDATE: I called the Peconic Star and as of right now they are going out for porgies AND fluke (2 separate boats) at 7:30 AM but its an hour and a half ride from Montauk
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hell, once I set up shop tomorrow, I'll work the phones to see if there are any boats on LI that will go out this weekend. The Peconic Star in Greenport comes to mind.
We are balls deep in preps for this party and my old man just flew in this morning so lets go. I swear if by some miracle I make it to heaven, the FIRST thing I'm gonna
do is find mother nature, do unspeakable things to that miserable cunt before the trapdoor opens up and I get flushed down to hades!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well shit they never called me, I better get a refund from them.

we're going on this trip no matter what,  the weather may suck but I'll drink beer in the face of high winds and rain, shit it will be like steelhead fishing

ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR THE CIRAXIS CREW FUCK THE WEATHER

if you are gonna talk dirty at least let me take my pants off
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Smaller boats (6 guys) 1/2 day inshore is $600 + tip for the mate.

$100-125 a piece, I'm game. Maybe we can go down to the docks at 5AM and commandeer con a boat?

ETA The list so I can find it later.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$100-125 a piece, I'm game. Maybe we can go down to the docks at 5AM and commandeer con a boat?

View Quote

Now we are talking - I was thinking the same thing but trying to set up THURSDAY for Friday or Saturday as soon as we can
Also, try to make or buy a sand spike ( a 3 foot piece of 2" PVC pipe to use as a rod holder so you minimize
getting sand in your reel. It works better if you cut one end on an angle...

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Why do you always have to drag the gay back into the conversation? Something on your mind you'd like to share?
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Now we are talking - I was thinking the same thing but doing it THURSDAY as soon as we are set up.
Also, try to make or buy a sand spike ( a 3 foot piece of 2" PVC pipe to use as a rod holder so you minimize

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/sand_spike_PVC2_zps95e14a44.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now we are talking - I was thinking the same thing but doing it THURSDAY as soon as we are set up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/sand_spike_PVC2_zps95e14a44.jpg

Lets call around Thursday & see what we can dig up. There must be someone crazy enough to take us out.

Sand sounds good too. Surf fishing is closer to the beer! I'll make up some extras on the pipe.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to need pipe... a good long stiff one to match my other equipment. Also game for charterin a pirate boat and hunting down some sea ass.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm going to need pipe... a good long stiff one to match my other equipment. Also game for charterin a pirate boat and hunting down some sea ass.
View Quote

don't think they make PVC pipe that small I'll grab some cocktails straws for you to match your equipment
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I may not be going

It will all depend on the morning.   My son has a very high fever, I had to leave work to get him today, still hasn't broken.    If he has it in the morning I doubt my wife will leave him.   This was supposed to be our first weekend away without a baby, and her first time away from him for more than a night.    I hope he is better, I have all my gear packed and ready to go, I spent decent money getting stuff ready for this so I hope we get to get away.  

He is fucking miserable right now and I know she won't leave him if he stays this bad.   I'll keep you guys posted.    If his fever breaks were good to go.  

Ed I can call you in the morning if you like, but just in case I don't go you have directions to get there right?   GPS?  

This sucks, it really really fucking sucks.    

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hope he feels better. Maybe you guys can come out Friday maybe
View Quote

At this point we are still a go.   I didnt get all this gear ready for the fun of it.    

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You worry about Guillermito and not about me. I have Helldog's directions and a GPS. The problem with the GPS is that it wants to take you a different way than I might want to go (Helldog's way)

I will turn the phone on at 7:30 AM when I leave so if you are up call me sometime between 7:30 and when we are supposed to meet on 81 by the McDee. If I don't hear from you I will go on to Montauk

Hope your boy gets better soon and you can come, but if you can't go we'll do the Salmon trip in Oct
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may not be going

It will all depend on the morning.   My son has a very high fever, I had to leave work to get him today, still hasn't broken.    If he has it in the morning I doubt my wife will leave him.   This was supposed to be our first weekend away without a baby, and her first time away from him for more than a night.    I hope he is better, I have all my gear packed and ready to go, I spent decent money getting stuff ready for this so I hope we get to get away.  

He is fucking miserable right now and I know she won't leave him if he stays this bad.   I'll keep you guys posted.    If his fever breaks were good to go.  

Ed I can call you in the morning if you like, but just in case I don't go you have directions to get there right?   GPS?  

This sucks, it really really fucking sucks.    

You worry about Guillermito and not about me. I have Helldog's directions and a GPS. The problem with the GPS is that it wants to take you a different way than I might want to go (Helldog's way)

I will turn the phone on at 7:30 AM when I leave so if you are up call me sometime between 7:30 and when we are supposed to meet on 81 by the McDee. If I don't hear from you I will go on to Montauk

Hope your boy gets better soon and you can come, but if you can't go we'll do the Salmon trip in Oct

I will call you to let you know.   I think some rest will do him good.    Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's hoping for a quick recovery for the littleguy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's hoping for a quick recovery for the littleguy.
View Quote

+ 1
Hope he gets better
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I will be leaving around 8 and going to Mag's > Brad, hows the little guy?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#25]
lift off from goodorbit HQ...

somebody bring the sunshine I don't have room in my truck!
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#26]
sorry guys we're out.    still has a fever of 103.7, was up most of the night with him.   The the transformer blew outside the house today and now we have no power, fuck.  
so its off to the Drs with him.   If anyone talks to Ed tell him I'm sorry.   I'll try to call him in a bit.  

Wife is crushed, she needed time away.    Next time I guess guys.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 4:19:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Okay, after driving to the storage place for the gear, I had to put the six foot poles lengthwise in my five foot truck bed.... No biggie, a little field modification to the tonneau cover and we're all loaded.
HD's ArfParty Tent will beat any weather!
Now a quick shower and throw some clothes in the bag and I'm off.
EdSr, gimme a call with your location....
View Quote

I talked to him at 9am, he was in Lafayette NY on 81s, he is probably around cortland or further south by now
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Ciraxis you will be missed.
But first things first. Hope the littleguy is well soon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Still waiting for a certain redneck to powder his privates. Left to my own devices, I'd already be there clearing brush for HD's party HQ. I'll call ahead and make arrangements to have that done for you.

Looking like a 1430 -1500 arrival for us.

I guess the beer can't get too cold?
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Have a safe trip guys!
btw, I don't think I can bring the EZ up,
I looked for it all over the shed, and then I realized my friend borrowed it awhile ago.
(trying to get in touch with him now, but I know he works nights so we'll see....)
Ciraxis, hope your son gets well soon :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 2:15:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:25:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Cool!
I'm pulling my son out early from school around noon
So I'll be joining you guys later
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#37]
you guys need to post pictures damnit

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I'll be making the run out there to meet you guys for a frosty 1 or 2. I didn't retread the entire thread so for a guy
As his dog just visiting, what would be the best time for me to meet up. I would hate to get there only to have everyone
Out on a party boat kind of thing.  Sorry Brad about the little one hope he's doing better today and restored power as well

Let me know if you need anything and if you see a red Jeep Cherokee driving round and round the camping area make sure to
Flag me down.  Se you all tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#41]
ETA about an hour depending upon traffic in southampton
Cold ones and  venison backstraps inbound
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Get back home safe everyone!
Will post pics or link soon

We had a great time! esp my son JJ.
He's so grateful that everyone took care of him
and made sure we didn't starve (esp the 2 Ed's and the 2 Marks)
It was great to meet all of you, Ed sr, Chris, Jack, Ed B, Mason and crew, Mark and sons
Mark(HD), Terrence, Paul T
You guys Rock!
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Here Ya go guys!
Link =>http://s36.photobucket.com/user/knightenforcer/library/2014%20ARFCOM
You guys can click/copy paste & checkout the entire album (too many pics to post)

Here are a few from the camp trip:

EDB's famous speech :)

-

-

-
Official ARFCOM kite :D

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
BFL logo on kite courtesy of jackthelawman :)

-
[URL=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/knightenforcer/media/2014%20ARFCOM/_DSC7018_zpsf96fea44.jpg.html][/URL
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's a few more:

-

-
Hope HD doesn't get mad with this one

Ed to ED...You're doing that dance wrong!

-

-
ED with some guy

-
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#45]
There has never been a truer FPNI - the trip was a major win....I'm busier than a cat tryin to bury his shit on a concrete sidewalk right now
but I'll post up whatever few pics I took and an AAR when I get a minute. AWESOME pics John!!!!

ETA: The only bummer was that Brad had to bail out last minute - how's little Guillermito making out?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Glad you guys had an awesome time.    We were thinking about being with you guys every day.    We were pretty disappointed that we didn't make it.   Little kid is better now, after two ear infections and  virus, but hes a trooper.    

I was pretty bummed putting all my camping gear away.     Hopefully they let you guys use our site, I called them and said you guys could use it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Ciraxis, glad your son feels better.

ED, Mag, everyone
There are still plenty of pics in the album, hope you guys get a chance to review them all
(Ed playing catch with son, Mag bike riding with Son etc...)
We had a great time! It was nice spending time with you all

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top