Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, just in case more people wait too long and still want to join in, I reserved site HO15 just now.
I pity the poor people in 16 getting trapped between me and EdSr, the snoring from both sides will be epic!
Now, we need to find a jetski to follow so that when he hits a big fish, I can scoop it up and EdSr can gut it and Edb can cook it.
View Quote

Glad you are coming!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay, just in case more people wait too long and still want to join in, I reserved site HO15 just now.
I pity the poor people in 16 getting trapped between me and EdSr, the snoring from both sides will be epic!
Now, we need to find a jetski to follow so that when he hits a big fish, I can scoop it up and EdSr can gut it and Edb can cook it.
View Quote

You boys better stock up on your super-strength breathe-rite strips.

The person who may or may not be in 16 will have a decibel meter handy. All noise violations will be reported to the Camp Commandant. Remedial actions will be taken, feelings will be hurt.

I hope nobody thinks this is supposed to be fun .
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe not the whole weekend, but I'll definitely come out for a few beers one day at least.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in and bringing the wife.
The boys are probably out, we'll drop them at grandpas for some spoilin'.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in and bringing the wife.
The boys are probably out, we'll drop them at grandpas for some spoilin'.
View Quote

this will be an awesome time.    boat might fill up fast at this rate
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 5:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I took home one of the metal fire rings that Cory made for the "going to TX party" this past Spring.

I will have to be reminded a couple of days before we go, and I will take it. I can also take a fish fryer (like a turkey fryer but shallower)

Are there BBQ's we can use on sites? What about showers and toilets?

Are you going?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
anyone have something we can burn fires in?

I took home one of the metal fire rings that Cory made for the "going to TX party" this past Spring.

I will have to be reminded a couple of days before we go, and I will take it. I can also take a fish fryer (like a turkey fryer but shallower)

Are there BBQ's we can use on sites? What about showers and toilets?

Quoted:
Jack_Lawman (UNDISCLOSED LOCATION-in witness protection program)

Any of you hear banjo music, watch yer cornhole!

Are you going?

There is a bluff right above our camping area that has a bunch of charcoal BBQs and picnic tables. The Grandas and Bernals had a BBQ there - nice. The sites only have a picnic table and a concrete slab.

YES on both showers and toilets - Ive only gone in the off season and both were clean by campground standards

I'm pleasantly surprised at the early interest and this rate, the Caja China might be worth dragging out.............................

When you say "fish fryer" are you talking about the big 2 burner propane stove you brought the ARFHUNT? If so, definitely bring it. I'll bring my usual assortment of cazuelas and stoves
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That means we won't have a place to BBQ where we camp/eat. How far is the area from the campsites? 10 yds, 100 yds?

The bluff overlooks the campground - its closer to 100 yards (uphill) nice views of the area. I can bring my table top grill if you want.
Here is a shot of the bluff taken from the campground (you can see the path up in the background)

Great!

I'll defer to mag but I think his answer will be "too much trouble". If we catch a lot of fish it will be a shame not to eat some of it fresh the day we caught it, plus it will be good with Ciraxis's "fresh fruit plate" (that you promised in the OP)

Yeah - you're probably right but I won't argue if he wants to bring it. We will DEFINITELY be eating fresh fish if they (the fishies ) cooperate

No, I also have a single burner (King Kooker)  that works on propane and is specifically made for frying: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07119137000P?srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=27-270433276-2&sid=IDx20070921x00003d
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a bluff right above our camping area that has a bunch of charcoal BBQs and picnic tables. The Grandas and Bernals had a BBQ there - nice. The sites only have a picnic table and a concrete slab.

That means we won't have a place to BBQ where we camp/eat. How far is the area from the campsites? 10 yds, 100 yds?

The bluff overlooks the campground - its closer to 100 yards (uphill) nice views of the area. I can bring my table top grill if you want.
Here is a shot of the bluff taken from the campground (you can see the path up in the background)

YES on both showers and toilets - Ive only gone in the off season and both were clean by campground standards

Great!

I'm pleasantly surprised at the early interest and this rate, the Caja China might be worth dragging out.............................

I'll defer to mag but I think his answer will be "too much trouble". If we catch a lot of fish it will be a shame not to eat some of it fresh the day we caught it, plus it will be good with Ciraxis's "fresh fruit plate" (that you promised in the OP)

Yeah - you're probably right but I won't argue if he wants to bring it. We will DEFINITELY be eating fresh fish if they (the fishies ) cooperate

When you say "fish fryer" are you talking about the big 2 burner propane stove you brought the ARFHUNT? If so, definitely bring it. I'll bring my usual assortment of cazuelas and stoves

No, I also have a single burner (King Kooker)  that works on propane and is specifically made for frying: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07119137000P?srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=27-270433276-2&sid=IDx20070921x00003d

C'mon viejito, you more than anyone should know by now - BRING BOTH! CONYO! The rice and beans will not be heating themselves up!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#12]
stop using that shitty orange color for text!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can bring both the stove and the fryer. We'll need a connection from the tank to the two of them.

If the BBQ'a are so far away we will have to drag the beer, plates,etc and eat up there. I can't see going up and down to get the food back to camp.Is there access to the bluff by car so we can haul everything up there or do we have to hike with 500 lbs of gear?

You can bring whatever you want (table top grill). You can't have "too many" cooking choices. I will be making Cowboy coffee in the morning, just like Liver Eating  Johnson would!

Where the heck is mag? He has been too quiet lately. Wife Cat cut his balls ate his tongue?  
View Quote

Do sweat the picnic area we'll figure something out that won't require aggrevation. As for Mark, I've been sworn to secrecy
but he is on a covert mission that SUPPOSEDLY will result in the acquisition of maybe, possibly, perhaps the birth of........

MagCamp II    
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys, I may have more company than originally planned.
(wife, daughter and her friend, and my son)
So to play it safe we got our own reservation I014
I already pm'd Ciraxis.
Hope I didn't cause any inconvenience.
to make up for it, I'll bring beer/s

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like a spot opened up next to the love tent

Let me know if anyone wants to split the site with me

Link Posted: 1/14/2014 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#17]
We'll be crashing in Jack_Lawman's site. Probably bring Leroy too, I'll warn you all now, he will mug you for your beer.

Don't worry, I'll bring a ball gag for him. Last time the squealing was intolerable!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Just to clarify if someone wants to split and share the site that I already have with me you are welcome to.  

I don't mind having the site to just the wife and I but if I can save some of you guys money that is cool.   We'll try to be quiet
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just to clarify if someone wants to split and share the site that I already have with me you are welcome to.  

I don't mind having the site to just the wife and I but if I can save some of you guys money that is cool.   We'll try to be quiet
View Quote

Remember to bring your 2014 Consensual Relations License and show it at check-In.
There is a $10/night New York State Park Fornication Fee if you plan on
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Remember to bring your 2014 Consensual Relations License and show it at check-In.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this will be the first time we have been baby free in over a year, expectations are high

Link Posted: 1/15/2014 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

this will be the first time we have been baby free in over a year, expectations are high

View Quote

No worries, between the farting & the snoring, we can be sure you two never get a moment alone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No worries, between the farting & the snoring, we can be sure you two never get a moment alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its a big wide open beach out there
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Remember,

He's always watching!
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Remember,

<a href="http://s704.photobucket.com/user/goodorbit/media/ed_zpsa3099da0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww41/goodorbit/ed_zpsa3099da0.jpg</a>

He's always watching!
View Quote

I think we need to kidnap his sons and take them fishing with us!  

Whos with me?
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Every time I have been to Long Island, I get claustrophobic.

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 3:08:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 4:08:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

suck it up pansy, you need to go with us

Link Posted: 1/16/2014 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Think about how many malls you'll get to drive past to get there!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#29]

He's tired of the same old pork......this spring, coming to a Montauk Marina near you - Ed Sr as:

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But seriously, I need to save my money for a carribean cruise this year.

You just wanted me to split your campsite so my snoring would cover your coital noises.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 2:16:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You just wanted me to split your campsite so my snoring would cover your coital noises.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the RabidMonkeyRapee was walking funny after the going-away party...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lame, like going away with your family is more important that arfcom
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Speaking of the Poxy one..."going away party" has he finally been committed?
View Quote

he has been absent from this thread, he needs to go on this trip too

then shit will get freaky
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:31:09 AM EDT
[#35]
IS IT TIME TO FO YET????

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#36]

let us know when we can book a spot on the boat
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Also -when you have time- give us an idea of the tackle we'll be using (once we know what species we'll be going after) so we can buy it. I suppose most of it is easier to get in LI (lead jigs,etc) because here there is very little salt water terminal tackle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

let us know when we can book a spot on the boat

Also -when you have time- give us an idea of the tackle we'll be using (once we know what species we'll be going after) so we can buy it. I suppose most of it is easier to get in LI (lead jigs,etc) because here there is very little salt water terminal tackle

I have no gear for this trip
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Nothing yet on being able to reserve the fishing trip yet - apparently they are not as excited about the May trips as we are for some strange reason

As far as tackle, I have a spare rod/reel if one of you need it and the boat rents rods/reels. As far as what to put at the end of the line, Hi/Low rigs are the most common type of terminal tackle.
You can buy them on-line, or they are easy enough to make up if you know some basic fishing knots (Im sure theres a youtube video somewhere to learn ya how ta do it).
This basic rig will catch whatever is down there - cod, ling, seabass etc...

As the trip gets closer, I'll be posting up more specific info. If anyone wants me to pick up some pre-made rigs, we can work something out - theres a nice tackle shop near me.
We can also pick up tackle in Montauk on Thursday if need be. You will lose a certain number so replacements are a must. Bank or diamond sinkers in various sizes are the
other thing you'll need. Bait is supplied by the boat. Here is the basic rig:

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nothing yet on being able to reserve the fishing trip yet - apparently they are not as excited about the May trips as we are for some strange reason

As far as tackle, I have a spare rod/reel if one of you need it and the boat rents rods/reels. As far as what to put at the end of the line, Hi/Low rigs are the most common type of terminal tackle.
You can buy them on-line, or they are easy enough to make up if you know some basic fishing knots (Im sure theres a youtube video somewhere to learn ya how ta do it).

As the trip gets closer, I'll be posting up more specific info. If anyone wants me to pick up some pre-made rigs, we can work something out - theres a nice tackle shop near me.
We can also pick up tackle in Montauk on Thursday if need be. You will lose a certain number so replacements are a must. Bank or diamond sinkers in various sizes are the
other thing you'll need. Bait is supplied by the boat. Here is the basic rig:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/largoboy1/untitled_zps57ddded5.png
View Quote

I'll probably rent rod and reel, so I'll have you let me know everything else I'll need.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll probably rent rod and reel, so I'll have you let me know everything else I'll need.
View Quote

Same here. A beer run past the tackle sore sounds good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:53:35 AM EDT
[#44]
what the hell is going on?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#45]
3 day boat trip? With all the expert sailors here, and guns at the bottom of lakes...
Kinda tempting fate no?

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, we are looking for the 1 day trip but they don't have them listed, or to be more exact I can't find them

Relax, Eddy will fix it......................... because: he likes big butts and he can't lie about it. You just make sure "Guillermito" drinks his milk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 day boat trip? With all the expert sailors here, and guns at the bottom of lakes...
Kinda tempting fate no?

No, we are looking for the 1 day trip but they don't have them listed, or to be more exact I can't find them

Quoted:
what the hell is going on?

Relax, Eddy will fix it......................... because: he likes big butts and he can't lie about it. You just make sure "Guillermito" drinks his milk

oh he better fix it, and fast or heads will roll!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Whoa fellas - hold on...they have multiple boats. I'm fairly certain that the long range boat and day trip boat
are 2 different vessels. Also, there are a handful of party boats that run out of Montauk that target the same species.
As long as the weather cooperates we can get on the water without a doubt whether its the Viking or some other boat.

Y'all gotta relax, take a deep breaf and

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top