Page:  / 2
Next Page  
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 8:50:32 AM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By j1r11:
Originally Posted By KTMsx:
I have never lost a deer I shot, never had to track a deer either.
Every deer I have ever shot has dropped within a few yards of where I shot it, all shots go through the chest.

You should practice more or get better equipment.

Hunter of the universe right here. You must not bow hunt much.

I bow hunt plenty, and have shot plenty with a bow. I have also let plenty walk away if the shot was even a little sketchy. Every deer I have shot has dropped after taking a few steps. I have never missed either, if I pull a a trigger there is a dead deer.
Maybe I am just lucky.
j1r11
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 11:48:20 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By KTMsx:
Originally Posted By j1r11:
Originally Posted By KTMsx:
I have never lost a deer I shot, never had to track a deer either.
Every deer I have ever shot has dropped within a few yards of where I shot it, all shots go through the chest.

You should practice more or get better equipment.

Hunter of the universe right here. You must not bow hunt much.

I bow hunt plenty, and have shot plenty with a bow. I have also let plenty walk away if the shot was even a little sketchy. Every deer I have shot has dropped after taking a few steps. I have never missed either, if I pull a a trigger there is a dead deer.
Maybe I am just lucky.

Never missed either, and deer drop in a few steps, Bullshit. Do you have a supermodel wife, house paid off and buy all your cars with cash too? I have shot well over 50 deer with the bow, about 30 of them Double lung, 10 or so heart shot, about 5 or so liver and lost about 5 in 23 years of bowhunting. Oh and i have even missed before, imagine that.

The quickest any of the deer expired was about 30 yds, usually 50-150. Deer do not drop in a few steps unless you spine them or break both scapulas.

OP, shit happens, i beat myself up too, but all you can do is look the best you can and get back out there and redeem yourself.
Twisted10
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 12:14:55 PM
get some rage broadheads. hit them in the boiler room and watch em drop...

every deer ive shot w a rage has expired w/in 50yds w huge piles of blood. i shot a doe 2 weeks ago w/ rage 2 blades, i got out of my stand right after the shot and recovered her. she expired in about 30 seconds.
RolandDeschain
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 1:35:39 PM
very rarely do deer drop within sight. anyone that says they have never lost a deer or missed is full of shit. sorry. that's all part of hunting. it happens. it sucks when it does. i will exhaust every bit of hope looking. in my 26 years of deer hunting i have lost 3 that come to mind. all went several hundred yards on good hits and blood trail disapeared. it happens. holes gets plugged by organs/tissue/clot. trick is, if you are unsure of your shot, back out and don't push the deer for at least 8 hours. they will bed down and expire if you made even a gut shot. if you push them, they will outrun you and leave the area quicker than you think. they are masters at getting into the thickest most unimagineable hiding spots, where you will never find them unless the last drop of blood is 2 feet away.

don't question yourself op, you put forth a good effort to recover. it sucks, but get back in that stand and redeem yourself. you will feel better.
No peace without hope. No hope without liberty. No liberty without integrity.
No integrity without virtue. No virtue without enlightenment. No enlightenment without truth.
Tim
RolandDeschain
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 1:37:54 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Twisted10:

every deer ive shot w a rage has expired w/in 50yds w huge piles of blood. i shot a doe 2 weeks ago w/ rage 2 blades, i got out of my stand right after the shot and recovered her. she expired in about 30 seconds.

rage leave awesome blood trail, but i have a concern about their penetration. i used them for 3 years and took 2 nice bucks with them, but for some reason, i like the pass thru shots. i am now shooting slick tricks.
No integrity without virtue. No virtue without enlightenment. No enlightenment without truth.
Tim
XDONX3
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 4:12:30 PM
I shot at a small 6 yesterday and hit branches and he took off. I'm batting 0 and 2 right now.
Twisted10
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 8:15:59 PM
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 8:16:49 PM by Twisted10]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By RolandDeschain:
Originally Posted By Twisted10:

rage leave awesome blood trail, but i have a concern about their penetration. i used them for 3 years and took 2 nice bucks with them, but for some reason, i like the pass thru shots. i am now shooting slick tricks.

Mine went thru 3 ribs, both lungs, heart and broke her opposite leg at the joint. They were the new chisel tip 2 blade. She was 12yds. Im pulling 68lbs on my mathews switchbaxk xt.
KTMsx
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 8:42:52 PM
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 8:43:30 PM by KTMsx]
I apologize for offending anyone, and I do not consider myself an amazing hunter or anything...the fact is that every deer I have ever released an arrow or fired a bullet at has been hit, and they fell down shortly after being hit.

I guess I do not have a spectacular kill #, so that may be why. I have shot 11 with a gun and 7 with a bow. All but 1 was from the same tree, and all but 3 were under 25 yards (all with the bow were almost directly under me, 20-25 feet).

With a bow I use slick tricks, and punch the arrow through the scapula and it comes out the bottom of the chest, every one has been on the same trail, same place, almost the same time of day. I climb a tree which is above a gap in a stone wall and next to a hedgerow. deer come through just before dusk, I shoot them, they take a few more steps and tip over...a few have looked up at me just before they fall over.
RolandDeschain
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/28/2013 9:25:51 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Twisted10:
Originally Posted By RolandDeschain:
Originally Posted By Twisted10:

Mine went thru 3 ribs, both lungs, heart and broke her opposite leg at the joint. They were the new chisel tip 2 blade. She was 12yds. Im pulling 68lbs on my mathews switchbaxk xt.

I've seen those and actually thought about trying them, but went with the slick tricks. I was used the Rage Xtreme last year. Huge entry wound, deer didn't go far, 50 yards within sight. My problem is the penetration. I drawing 70lbs at 28" draw. Shot was from a treestand at 27 yards. I had been used the original Rage before that with the same results. I had used G5 Montaucs before that and always had pass through shots. My only problem with those, was their tendency to have a different POI than field points. I have heard great things about the slick tricks and thats' what I'm trying this year. So far have only tested it out on a coyote.
Tim
Page:  / 2
Next Page