Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2013 8:58:55 AM EDT
Inspired by this thread, I decided to go ahead and modify my AR-15 so that it does not need to be registered, sold out of state, rendered permanently inoperable, or lost in a tragic boating accident.

Here's what you will need:

1 Formerly Postban Compliant AR-15 "Millitary Style Assault Weapon" (ZOMG... scary!) with naked muzzle, faux M4 Stock (fixed position -- because telescoping stocks kill babies) and absolutely, positively NO FUCKING BAYO LUG attached!!!!  Bayonet lugs are the work of the debil!

and

1 Saw

Cut evil pistol grip as shown, which when left intact, allows "rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."

Reattach top portion of pistol grip to hold selector switch detent in place, and waa-laah!  

There you have it.  Now get going!  It's for the good of the childrens!  

And before you ask how it shoots, well I just don't know.  I don't need this fucking thing or more than 7 bullets to hunt deer.... why else would anyone need a gun for?
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The ergonomics on that thing are sweet.  Nice job OP.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Why, it fits the hand like it's not even there!!!  

SWEET!!!

So will Thumbhole stocks going to be needed?  Are they going to have to make a "comeback"??
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why, it fits the hand like it's not even there!!!  

SWEET!!!

So will Thumbhole stocks going to be needed?  Are they going to have to make a "comeback"??

Speaking of Evil Thumbhole stocks, I am hard at work devising a way to FILL THE HOLE!!!!  

Stay tuned!!!  
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Illegal in NY.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Inspired by this thread, I decided to go ahead and modify my AR-15 so that it does not need to be registered, sold out of state, rendered permanently inoperable, or lost in a tragic boating accident.

Here's what you will need:

1 Formerly Postban Compliant AR-15 "Millitary Style Assault Weapon" (ZOMG... scary!) with naked muzzle, faux M4 Stock (fixed position -- because telescoping stocks kill babies) and absolutely, positively NO FUCKING BAYO LUG attached!!!!  Bayonet lugs are the work of the debil!

http://i40.tinypic.com/bi9yxu.jpg

and

1 Saw

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zsrwvk.jpg

Cut evil pistol grip as shown, which when left intact, allows "rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."

http://i43.tinypic.com/99pc7q.jpg

Reattach top portion of pistol grip to hold selector switch detent in place, and waa-laah!  

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zdvups.jpg

There you have it.  Now get going!  It's for the good of the childrens!  

And before you ask how it shoots, well I just don't know.  I don't need this fucking thing or more than 7 bullets to hunt deer.... why else would anyone need a gun for?

You should patent that shit bro!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Speaking of Evil Thumbhole stocks, I am hard at work devising a way to FILL THE HOLE!!!!  

Fill the hole with the pistol grip.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#7]
We are all SO much safer now.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I can see it now on thumb hole FAL stocks, heat them with a blow torch until the plastic is soft and smush them in with your hand for a custom grip.  Should work great after the 3rd degree burns heal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fill the hole with the pistol grip.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Improvise, Adapt and Overcome.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Would you be willing to help me with mine? Or let me borrow that saw..... Should this be taken to an actual gun smith? Lastly does this mod come with paper work to comply with all applicable laws.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Ban all saws!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#13]
You fucking heathen. HOW DARE YOU DO THAT? DEFILING A BEAUTIFUL OBJECT LIKE THAT!

That's a goddamn BACK saw for miter cuts!

USE THE RIGHT TOOL NEXT TIME.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#14]
That is the best A2 grip I have ever seen...
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#15]
That actually gives me a thought!

So we replace the PG with a stump - that has a fixture, or a hole, or velcro or some other way to clamp on a PG extension you can hold with your hand.
BUT, as long as it is not actually PERMANENTLY AFFIXED to the rifle, it would be legal.
I mean, lets say the stump has a tapered hole in the bottom.
And you have a corresponding "extension" with a tapered male part that can be inserted into the hole so you can shoot.
Once removed, the gun does not have a PG.
When inserted, it is not actually affixed or a part of the gun.
It would be no different than wrapping a rag around the barrel so you could hold it when hot.

Does this have anyone thinking?
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So we replace the PG with a stump - that has a fixture, or a hole, or velcro or some other way to clamp on a PG extension you can hold with your hand.
BUT, as long as it is not actually PERMANENTLY AFFIXED to the rifle, it would be legal.
And you have a corresponding "extension" with a tapered male part that can be inserted into the hole so you can shoot.
It would be no different than wrapping a rag around the barrel so you could hold it when hot.

I thought of this as soon as a seen that I just did not want to be the first to say it lol
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

... gives a whole new meaning to "tapco-fucked" and "verti-peen".
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I admit that thought did occur to me but I later rejected it. You could have a C shaped stub or something that would allow the engagement of a removable "thing" lets call it a Firing Assist Device, or Firing Assist Grip?  Maybe it could attach with a bayonet type lug on the stub where the pistol grip used to be?  Maybe you could put a Velcro stub on and have a glove made of Velcro too I guess.  Fuck this... it is just easier for me to move.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#19]
perhaps some sort of bull-pup design?
I've got a few old grips, maybe I'll start customizing them for the community, after all it's for the Children (especially the cry-babys in Albany)
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I thought the post was going to say leave NewYork
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#21]
My thought is, if it was a hole in the stump and a tapered plunger in the "PG", it would not actually be AFFIXED to the gun. As long as friction could hold in on while shooting, and the assembly was metal reinforced so it would not simply break off under recoil, it should be perfectly legal.
The point being, there is no method of attachment. None. It is not attached.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I thought the post was going to say leave NewYork

That's giving NY what it wants, and while it is on my list of possiblities, I'm not yet done saying "SUCK MY DICK ANDY!"
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder what the reaction of a trooper would be to see this.  Will they just arrest you for having an AR if you don't have papers, no matter what you've done to comply with the law?  I have the feeling that they will arrest you, and then you can take your chances in court.

Thank you, governor douchebag.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I also started to neuter my lowers, and I feel safer already!

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder what the reaction of a trooper would be to see this.  Will they just arrest you for having an AR if you don't have papers, no matter what you've done to comply with the law?  I have the feeling that they will arrest you, and then you can take your chances in court.

Thank you, governor douchebag.

Yes, I tend to think they will arrest you first, and worry about the legalities of your firearm later......if at all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#26]
What if we adapted the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness chainsaw system to work with AR's? I think that'd be legal.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#27]
How about this for an AR

The hole is so you can blind pin it through the lug in the receiver if deemed necessary.

Or this:

No more detachable magazine.

Or this for an AK:

No thumb hole or pistol grip.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Who makes those?
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice OP!

Had that exact same idea soon after the crappy bill passed.

Cool to see someone else had the same idea.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#30]
This is what I am going to do to my FS2000 when not shooting it.  http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=712976&postcount=27
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I made them myself and sent them out to be anodized. Here is a pic of the bottom

Once blind pinned, it would be impossible to take out the safety selector w/out taking pressure off the detent. I drilled and tapped the bottom and put in a set screw which is in line with the spring. Just take out the set screw and the springs drops out taking the pressure off the safety selector detent so you can take out your safety selector and the rest of your fire control group if necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top