Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Westchester County passed a resolution in favor of more federal gun control.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When did they do that? Fucking traitors.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wish we could add Suffolk to that list.

Yeah, right around the same time Nassau gets on board.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks P400 for putting this info together. And also to everyone else who contributed.

Erie County!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish we could add Suffolk to that list.

I live in suffolk. If i was not a local buisness owner i would be long gone.Most of suffolk are broke and broken down takers who think the world owes them. Grab your balls and hold on its going to be a rough ride
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Catt county is there, sweet.  Im sure Allegany county will be soon.  

not that anyone pays much attention to us out here in the sticks.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The mayor of Ilion, NY got it right in the WNET video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Du18bwez2w when she said "Downstaters and Albany, a lot of them, didn't seem to care about the people's future in this area. And, frankly I don't believe that they care too much about anyone above Westchester County.".  Time marker 1:43.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
So if the pendings pass that is almost half of the counties..there is 62 I think.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone heard any news from Niagara co yet? I haven't and don't expect to but I am patiently awaiting their jump to the bandwagon.

A "repeal the safe act" resolution is on the agenda for the 2/19/13 meeting of the Niagara County Legislature.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]
All you guys in Monroe County the word is at the NY firearms site is that Monroe County is not hearing much opposition from the residents. I don't know how much of this is true but we need to put on the pressure. Here is a link to the post, it has contact info on it as well.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/45660-attention-monroe-county-residents-act-now.html
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Updates:

Added Niagara County to the pending list.

Oswego County passed their resolution!!!

Ontario County adopted John Sheppard's anti-safe amendment to their resolution, but the final vote has been postponed. Will add new vote date when it  becomes available.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#12]
We have to get Saratoga County on board with a resolution.

Everyone from Saratoga county, let's get busy and apply some pressure.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Jed...it was good seeing you at the meeting tonight.

According to the Ontario County website, the next board meeting will be on March 7th.

http://www.co.ontario.ny.us/calendar.aspx?CID=22
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Add Delaware County to the list. They are going to have the resolution ready by Feb 27th. Unsure what date it will be voted on though.

I'm surprised they haven't acted sooner. I've been hearing rumors about Beckers silent anti-gun stance for about a year now, and since he won the last election he has become much stricter. One of my friends got denied his permit last week for a typo in his application!! They said to refile it and it will get processed, but I really don't see how you deny over something like that. He must be putting on some kind of show to the higher ups.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All you guys in Monroe County the word is at the NY firearms site is that Monroe County is not hearing much opposition from the residents. I don't know how much of this is true but we need to put on the pressure. Here is a link to the post, it has contact info on it as well.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/45660-attention-monroe-county-residents-act-now.html

Thanks for the heads up... Emails sent.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey Jed...it was good seeing you at the meeting tonight.

According to the Ontario County website, the next board meeting will be on March 7th.

http://www.co.ontario.ny.us/calendar.aspx?CID=22

Good to meet you too Paul. I was happy to see some fellow arfcom members tonight. March 7th it is.

Ontario County supervisors lay over decision on NY SAFE Act
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome! Glad to see Tioga County is joining in on this!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It looks like Allegany is working on a resolution, but so far this is all I've been able to find. Link

Added a few more counties that are working on resolutions to the OP.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:51:54 AM EDT
[#19]
My county of Greene meets this coming Tuesday.  I plan on calling and e-mailing my legislators for the next few days.  I also am getting a bunch of other people to do the same.  Can we attend these meetings?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:51:29 AM EDT
[#20]
The meetings should be open to the public.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:21:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I LOVE this thread. 19 counties passed repeal resolutions, with 12 more counties pending for a total of 31 of NY's 62 counties 50% ain't bad ~one month after the law was passed!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#22]
It was good to see some of you guys at the meeting last night.  I'll be at the next one too.  Let's see if we can get even more people there.  Thanks P400 for this thread, it was good to meet you.  You too PVC1984.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 4:45:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Folks from the other counties need to pound their county legislatures with calls and emails to get them on board. We have momentum now and need to keep it up. Every little bit will help our cause.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Here is some proof and link for delaware county

The article also mentions other counties that may or may not be on the list already

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1525014217/Local-ire-for-gun-law-crosses-aisle

The Delaware County Board of Supervisors plans to consider a similar resolution Feb. 27, said its chairman, Harpersfield Town Supervisor James Eisel.

"This happened in the dead of night in Albany, and I believe it is an abuse of power," Eisel told The Daily Star. "Our law enforcement community is very upset with this. There are a lot of people up in arms. They are taking away our rights under the Second Amendment."

Eisel said many of the nationally publicized massacres involving the use of guns resulted from the actions of "people who are schizophrenic or have other mental problems. I strongly believe we have to set dollars aside for mental health clinics. That is where we should go if we want to resolve this issue."
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The article also mentions other counties that may or may not be on the list already

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1525014217/Local-ire-for-gun-law-crosses-aisle

Nice -great article! We got a few for the list out of that one.

It talks about the Otsego County resolution but it isn't clear if it passed a final vote. I'll have to look into that more when I have time. Unless anyone knows for sure?

eta: Found it. Otsego will vote on March 6th.

Board to vote on plea for gun law's repeal
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Livingston County Board of Supervisors
Geneseo, New York
Resolution No. 2013-039
CALLING FOR THE REPEAL OF THE NEW YORK SAFE ACT OF 2013

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:31:52 AM EDT
[#28]
After the arrest of the vet with the standard capacity mags, I'm surprised to see Jefferson Co. even considering it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Got this off NYFirearms....
Oneida county opposed safe act 18-11

On Wed, 13 Feb. the Oneida County Legsilature passed a resolution opposing the SAFE ACT. This was not acomplished without much heated discussion with 16 Republicans and 2 Democrates voting to pass the resolution. The 11 no votes were Democrates. The following quote by one of the 11 no vote Democrates was "I voted not to support the resolution because we didn't have enough time to study it."
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#30]
CATSKILL, NY. — Greene County lawmakers are considering a resolution that would oppose the state’s new gun control law, the  SAFE Act, as well as one opposing a state Assembly bill that would require gun owners to carry liability insurance.

The county Legislature’s Public Safety Committee is to hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the county office building on Main Street in the village of Catskill.

On the agenda will be a resolution that opposes New York’s Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, which was adopted by the state Legislature on Jan. 19 and signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Also on the agenda will be a resolution to oppose a bill that calls for requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance of no less than $1 million.

If the resolutions are adopted by the committee, they would go to the full Legislature for approval the next day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#31]
here is the link for Oneida County its on pages 26-29

http://www.ocgov.net/sites/default/files/leg/Res2013/AdoptedRes021313.pdf  

and the votes supporting safe are
Tallarino
Sacco
Clancy
Gordon
C. Davis
Trevisani
Speciale
F. Davis
Caruso
Furgol
Murphy

Against SAFE
Townsend
Regner
Brennan
Leach
Waterman
Porter
Flisnik
Joseph
Koenig
Goodman
D'Onofrio
Miller
Mandryck
Fiorini
Welsh
Convertino
Paparell
Wood

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CATSKILL, NY. — Greene County lawmakers are considering a resolution that would oppose the state’s new gun control law, the  SAFE Act, as well as one opposing a state Assembly bill that would require gun owners to carry liability insurance.

The county Legislature’s Public Safety Committee is to hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the county office building on Main Street in the village of Catskill.

On the agenda will be a resolution that opposes New York’s Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, which was adopted by the state Legislature on Jan. 19 and signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Also on the agenda will be a resolution to oppose a bill that calls for requiring gun owners to carry liability insurance of no less than $1 million.

If the resolutions are adopted by the committee, they would go to the full Legislature for approval the next day.

I will be there Tuesday.  Here is a list of the Greene County legislators and their contact info.  Get calling and e-mailing!
Greene County Legislature
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Add Suffolk county...

Subject: RE: NY SAFE Act

I support the second amendment.  I do not support the process used to pass the recent gun legislation in NYS and I do not support the majority of the legislation itself.  Please feel to call my secretary at 631 852 2205 if you would like to set up an appointment to discuss this important issue further.

Vince
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Added Oneida County - awesome.

Livingston and Oswego are on the list. Will add Monroe as a possibility.

TokiWartooth - Is the Suffolk legislature considering a resolution?

ETA: The Schoharie County resolution passed today!

Schoharie County opposes NY SAFE Act
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks like Putnam County just came into the fold.  From the PostStar, one hour ago:

"The county resolution in opposition the NY Safe Act and Cuomo’s message of necessity passed by a 14-2 vote, with Putnam Supervisor John LaPointe absent."

http://poststar.com/news/local/68d75d24-77a6-11e2-b537-0019bb2963f4.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#36]
PASSED
IN PROGRESS

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#37]
My county is sitting there doing nothing

Time to make phone calls
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Geneseo, New York
Resolution No. 2013-039

Booyah
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm surprised we haven't heard from Dutchess.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm surprised we haven't heard from Dutchess.

Make the calls...

Dutchess Legislature
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like Putnam County just came into the fold.  From the PostStar, one hour ago:

"The county resolution in opposition the NY Safe Act and Cuomo’s message of necessity passed by a 14-2 vote, with Putnam Supervisor John LaPointe absent."

That quote appears to refer to the Washington County Board of Supervisors and the Town of Putnam, which is in Washington County.

ETA: I just found this for Putnam County though.

Putnam County Legislature Blasts NY Gun Law, Urges Repeal
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geneseo, New York

Resolution No. 2013-039

Booyah
AWESOME. Too bad I was there for only four years.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Rockland and Chautauqua counties have been added to the pending resolution list.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Delaware County Board of Supervisors plans to consider a similar resolution Feb. 27, said its chairman, Harpersfield Town Supervisor James Eisel.

"This happened in the dead of night in Albany, and I believe it is an abuse of power," Eisel told The Daily Star. "Our law enforcement community is very upset with this. There are a lot of people up in arms. They are taking away our rights under the Second Amendment."

Eisel said many of the nationally publicized massacres involving the use of guns resulted from the actions of "people who are schizophrenic or have other mental problems. I strongly believe we have to set dollars aside for mental health clinics. That is where we should go if we want to resolve this issue."

Good stuff thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Rockland and Chautauqua counties have been added to the pending resolution list.

I'm glad Rockland county came onboard. I was in Orange County today and people in a few gun shops I stopped in we're very proud of what their county was doing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad Rockland county came onboard. I was in Orange County today and people in a few gun shops I stopped in we're very proud of what their county was doing.

I'm proud of every county that has taken action against the unsafe act. I've never seen opposition like this before.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:51:54 AM EDT
[#47]
First thing Monday. Getting on the horn with Schenectady County. See where they stand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:25:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That quote appears to refer to the Washington County Board of Supervisors and the Town of Putnam, which is in Washington County.

ETA: I just found this for Putnam County though.

Putnam County Legislature Blasts NY Gun Law, Urges Repeal

Yea! Washington County! Somehow I don't feel much better....
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Everyone. Great job!
It almost looks promising.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#50]
More info on the Ulster County resolution - The final vote will be on Tuesday, Feb 19th

Several articles (like this one) have made it sound as if Ulster County has already passed their resolution. Upon closer examination, this does not appear to be the case. The final vote will be on the 19th.

Ulster County - Resolution to repeal the Safe Act in NY

This article appears to be encouraging people who SUPPORT the SAFE act to attend and object to the resolution. If the article is correct, the hearing has also been moved to a venue that will accommodate more people.

In Ulster County, NY on Tuesday Feb 19th at 7P there will be a hearing on a Resolution to Repeal the Safe Act (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013). The hearing in Ulster has been moved to the Ulster Performing Arts Center located at 601 Broadway in Kingston NY which has a 1500 seat capacity.

It sounds like our side needs a strong showing in Kingston on the 19th.

The OP will be updated to reflect this. I'm trying to keep the list as accurate as possible and apologize for any confusion regarding Ulster County.

ETA: Official County Notice regarding location change
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top