Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:55:43 AM
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 10:58:58 AM by JohnNYPD]

Please stop calling them assault weapons..

That's what they ( Libs) call them...they are using the media to brain wash non gun citizens with this term

Hey they even have us calling them Assault weapons

My rifles have never assaulted anyone.

They are just semi- auto rifles...Simple.

Same with high capacity magazines.....Mine are all standard capacity...
Twisted10
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:59:01 AM
mine just tried to chase me around my house.

im scared.
Aardvark
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 11:57:14 AM
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 12:01:56 PM by Aardvark]
Not to be an A$$ (sometimes I cannot help myself) but a liberal friend of mine, who does not know of my strong Second Amendment views, posted a link and picture on Facebook pointing out that it was the firearms industry that came up with the offending terms in the early 1980's. The picture was of an issue of Guns & Ammo from way back in 1982 (ISBN 0-8227-2234-8). An issue I just happen to have sitting in front of me right now as I write this. It it titled "Assault Rifles: The New Breed of Sporting Arm" by Art Blatt, Field Editor, Guns & Ammo. It covers "Complete Data on Semi-Autos from: Armalte, Baretta, Colt, FN, H&K, Leader, ROger, SIG, Springfield, Valmet".

I also have "The Complete Book of Assault Rifles", published in 1983 by Harris Publications and "Special Weapons" also published in 1983 by Harris Publications. I bought the former due to a technical article on the .223 round and the latter because of review of the Colt AR-15.

So yes, I resent the term Assault Weapons but if we are going to be honest, the term was lifted from early 1980's literature by the anti's.

Tomcat017
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:30:00 PM
Absolutely - same opinion here. I make a point (as often as I remember) of writing "assault weapons [sic]".

It is important.
Aimless
The Hero of Cockpocalypse
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:33:28 PM

Originally Posted By Aardvark:
Not to be an A$$ (sometimes I cannot help myself) but a liberal friend of mine, who does not know of my strong Second Amendment views, posted a link and picture on Facebook pointing out that it was the firearms industry that came up with the offending terms in the early 1980's. The picture was of an issue of Guns & Ammo from way back in 1982 (ISBN 0-8227-2234-8). An issue I just happen to have sitting in front of me right now as I write this. It it titled "Assault Rifles: The New Breed of Sporting Arm" by Art Blatt, Field Editor, Guns & Ammo. It covers "Complete Data on Semi-Autos from: Armalte, Baretta, Colt, FN, H&K, Leader, ROger, SIG, Springfield, Valmet".

I also have "The Complete Book of Assault Rifles", published in 1983 by Harris Publications and "Special Weapons" also published in 1983 by Harris Publications. I bought the former due to a technical article on the .223 round and the latter because of review of the Colt AR-15.

So yes, I resent the term Assault Weapons but if we are going to be honest, the term was lifted from early 1980's literature by the anti's.

http://www.schaffrath.net/photos/Magazines.jpg
Yup we started calling them assault weapons and the Democrats just used the name against us. I have a magazine I bought in the 80s in my desk at work that has a write up on assault weapon accessories

This sucks.
ar-15-223-556
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 12:36:30 PM
Originally Posted By Aardvark:

http://www.schaffrath.net/photos/Magazines.jpg

This might be true, BUT the industry has moved away from the term "Assault Rifle" many years ago......so, dont buy into all there Bullshit!! They just want it to look/be as scary as they can for their cause!
When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker, Chief of Department, FDNY (1899-1911)
MrHold
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 1:04:57 PM
How about SERVICE RIFLES

PRO or CON

Just a thought?
The difficult we can do immediately
The impossible takes a little longer
Warlord43B
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 2:15:44 PM
How about MSR-15 (Modern Sporting Rifle)

Thoughts?
air2ground
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 3:12:54 PM
DOD definition for assault rifle is "select fire" rifle. Therefore a semi auto rifle is not an assault rifle.

However, bills usually define items under the verbiage "for the purpose of this bill".....

We got lucky in Illinois for now. I was pulling for you and still am hopeful this law gets trashed.
getchevyn
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 3:17:00 PM
Did anyone else notice they started to call them military style weapons now?
Shott8283
literally, FUCK YOUR OWN FACE
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 4:08:37 PM
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 4:10:32 PM by Shott8283]

Originally Posted By getchevyn:
Did anyone else notice they started to call them military style weapons now?

big time

a lot of the pols are calling ar's this. and follow it with "why does da civilian need dem ......."

ive, on average, and commonly refer to EBRs as "rifles" or "sticks"

4 years in the Marines,, never once have I heard a Marine refer to an AR/M16 as an "assault weapon" or "assault rifle"

imagine a Marine walking around asking "hey billy, you seen where I set down my assault weapon? "

its more liek "hey you fucking piece of fucking shit you fucking fuck, where is my rifle, i know you have it, give it up before i dogpound your stupid fucking face"

ITS A FUCKING RIFLE.

I have emailed Skelos a Monster.com ad for job listings
no reply yet
crwdplsr
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2013 4:10:21 PM
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 4:10:51 PM by crwdplsr]
I kepe reminding them that they are sporter rifles.....not assault rifles.

"Son when you learn how to deal with the assholes in the world you'll do good in life" -Dad

"Last of the Rebels"

What we have here are two diametrically opposed assholes trying to occupy the same point and place in time