Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
pretty good turnout.....

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
here's a pic from yahoo news

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Those are signs i made and gave to the guys his morning.  

I wont say who the pic is of though
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quite a few ARFCOMMERs in that pic! Ugly bastards!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was there on the swan st sidewalk ,right near the YNN van.Good turnout and was glad to be there.

Me too I was next to the guy with the TYRANNY license plate and the man in the wheelchair. Great turnout. Anyone have any idea of the headcount?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can I order a set of those signs?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Fent:

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I second that!!

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
People talk a lot of shit about New Yorkers but damn if that ain't a bunch of some of the finest Americans to be found anywhere.  The fight has just begun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I order a set of those signs?

If serious send me a message.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Those are awesome signs!  

Should be posted on street corners all over Albany.  

Great job, guys!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Was there with some Syracuse people. I ashamed (but not surprised) at the lack of actual coverage and blatant downplay of the turn-out by the media. They are part of the agenda, folks...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#14]
That was one fine afternoon!  Made me feel great to be surrounded by so much patriotism.  Hiram, Ed Sr., PVC, it was nice to have shaken your hands.  Sorry I wasn't able to arf-net more, I was with another group.

Maybe we can schedule a htf gather when the AR-15 store opens?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Just made it home, 12 hr round trip, great rally my kids learned a lot. My daughter was actually interviewed by YNN, I don't think they will use any sound bites, she got stage fright LOL.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#16]
That was a great turnout. I was right behind the NY HTF crew. Didn't get to meet any of them, but enjoyed being with like minded people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That was a great turnout. I was right behind the NY HTF crew. Didn't get to meet any of them, but enjoyed being with like minded people.

you should have said hello, don't let those unshaven bastards scare you
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you have the picture signs?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#19]

I'd like em as stickers for my truck add skelos and cuomo, along as signs
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#20]
News 12 ran a pro-gun story asking why the target was rifles when there is 20x more deaths due to pistols.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you have the picture signs?

No, I was the guy with the black BFL hat and the green plaid scarf. Spent most of the time behind HKgnnr and his wife.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I want a set for our next club meeting Ciraxis. Our State Senator is supposed to be in attendance for a Q&A session. He was a "no" vote, but I want him to be certain of our sentiments for the tyrant and the coward.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want a set for our next club meeting Ciraxis. Our State Senator is supposed to be in attendance for a Q&A session. He was a "no" vote, but I want him to be certain of our sentiments for the tyrant and the coward.

Did anyone keep the signs from the rally or did they get canned?   Doesnt matter one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did anyone keep the signs from the rally or did they get canned?   Doesnt matter one way or the other.

They were taken home by arfcommers or other ppl, I'm still looking for a couple pairs for long island protests and stickers for the truck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a great time, it was good to meet some of you.  I hope we can do it again- the turnout was incredible when you consider how quickly it was put together and how winter sucks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont see too many young people, It's unfortunate my generation is too busy with their cell phones and social networks to care about whats going on around them. If i could have made up there i would, but with bills and the "great american arms race" im tapped out financially! I spent all day writing letters to both those who support as well as those who oppose the 2nd. I want to thank everybody for representing us, and i hope to see you guys at the next one!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I dont see too many young people, It's unfortunate my generation is too busy with their cell phones and social networks to care about whats going on around them. If i could have made up there i would, but with bills and the "great american arms race" im tapped out financially! I spent all day writing letters to both those who support as well as those who oppose the 2nd. I want to thank everybody for representing us, and i hope to see you guys at the next one!

There was plenty of children and teens, they were moving around, not to mention can't see to many kids standing for 4 hours in 30 deg weather
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't know if any of you guys saw this (mainly for the picture): http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/176444/gallery-ny-safe-opponents-rally-at-the-capitol/#9438-4

I was unable to attend due to having to work, but I convinced a few people from here and NY to attend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Buffalo looks to have turned out pretty good. I was debating which to go to and ended up deciding on Albany
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know if any of you guys saw this (mainly for the picture): http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/176444/gallery-ny-safe-opponents-rally-at-the-capitol/#9438-4

I was unable to attend due to having to work, but I convinced a few people from here and NY to attend.

This is arfcom we are everywhere
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#32]
A very reaffirming experience in Albany today with Mrs. ARtraffic, MPI-KMS-72, and a few thousand others. We were very glad to meet and hang out with Hiram and Mag162. Was hoping to see SP10, but it was a huge crowd. I stepped away from the HTF crew and snapped these pics from the steps next to the podium.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I only took crowd shots and they're basically the same as have already been posted so I won't add mine.

It was good getting to see everyone, some I met for the first time others I had met before but it's been a few years since I've made it to any type of arfcom gathering, last one was probably lunch after a Rochester gun show
As I told at least one person, don't take it personally if I forgot your name, I'm horrible with remembering names.

And I see that half my face is on Yahoo news
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Man... the TU comments section is always overpopulated by ignorant pinko commie trolls.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Was there with some Syracuse people. I ashamed (but not surprised) at the lack of actual coverage and blatant downplay of the turn-out by the media. They are part of the agenda, folks...

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was plenty of children and teens, they were moving around, not to mention can't see to many kids standing for 4 hours in 30 deg weather

Yes alot of people brought the families out, Im not saying there were any but i didn't see many 20 somethings in any of the pictures, of course thats all i can go by.

Anybody get any video of the speeches?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#37]
It was great to see what we could accomplish with only a few days notice.  

We need to keep this momentum.  We need to keep pushing back.  We need to keep meeting, writing, calling our elected officials.  We need to keep the pressure on those who would attack our civil rights.

I'm local.  This was a half-hour drive for me.  I especially appreciate the folks who drove up from NYC/Long Island or in from the Rochester area.  That was a sacrifice of at least a day for them.

I was the guy handing out the NYSRPA membership forms.

This guy (the one in the brown jacket in the middle).

Hopefully we can all get together again soon under better circumstances.

David

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes alot of people brought the families out, Im not saying there were any but i didn't see many 20 somethings in any of the pictures, of course thats all i can go by.

Anybody get any video of the speeches?

I have a few of them and will try and get them uploaded today. Great photos ARtraffic. It was nice to put some faces to the screen names. Does anybody know the name of the younger guy who gave the "nullification" speech?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:47:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:48:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Doubletap and upload fail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Does anybody know the name of the younger guy who gave the "nullification" speech?

David Gay
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Let me explain something...

This President is gearing up, big time, to fundamentally change this country.  And many of your comments saying "we didn't see many young people" at this event is indicative of what this fuckers will target..  This is the segment of our population this scoundrel is marketing to.  Look at the charter of the OFA ( Obama For Amerika).  You go after the younger generation, and you all but secure the future.   This is what Hitler did.  First the SA (thugs) and then Hitler Youth.
Raising the age to get a long rifle or firearm is a tactic they will use.  

So, we can all bitch and moan, and maybe declare some small wins with court battles on this NY shit, but trust me, you are being manipulated.  This filthy, corrupt Chicago politics machine wrote the book on sleight of hand.   We're all consumed with this, and meanwhile the machine is churning somewhere else...

We need to stop this, and start it on the local level where our votes actually count.  I honestly think we are done from an electorate level.  The system is too rigged.   The judiciary branch will fall by end of Obamas term.  Which means the Senste and the House is all we can really try and hold onto, so stop this talk of voting Republicans out.  YOU ARE FALLiNG RIGHT INTO THEIR TRAP!!!  THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT.  Don't you see it!?!

We have a year or two to come up with a plan, but we not do not have a leader who is capable or savvy enough to do this.  

God help us.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#43]
McLaughlin

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Let me explain something...

This President is gearing up, big time, to fundamentally change this country.  And many of your comments saying "we didn't see many young people" at this event is indicative of what this fuckers will target..  This is the segment of our population this scoundrel is marketing to.  Look at the charter of the OFA ( Obama For Amerika).  You go after the younger generation, and you all but secure the future.   This is what Hitler did.  First the SA (thugs) and then Hitler Youth.

Raising the age to get a long rifle or firearm is a tactic they will use.  

So, we can all bitch and moan, and maybe declare some small wins with court battles on this NY shit, but trust me, you are being manipulated.  This filthy, corrupt Chicago politics machine wrote the book on sleight of hand.   We're all consumed with this, and meanwhile the machine is churning somewhere else...

We need to stop this, and start it on the local level where our votes actually count.  I honestly think we are done from an electorate level.  The system is too rigged.   The judiciary branch will fall by end of Obamas term.  Which means the Senste and the House is all we can really try and hold onto, so stop this talk of voting Republicans out.  YOU ARE FALLiNG RIGHT INTO THEIR TRAP!!!  THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT.  Don't you see it!?!

We have a year or two to come up with a plan, but we not do not have a leader who is capable or savvy enough to do this.  

God help us.....

Depends on what you define as young but I went with 7 friends and our ages ranged from 26-35. One friend doesn't even own a gun, he was just pissed over the process and on how this was passed. I have a lot of other friends in that same age range who all feel and vote the same way but couldn't make the rally. Those with kids plan on raising their kids with the same values they have.

I do all I can to reach out to friends in that age range who might not share my politics to make the 2nd amendment a-political or put gun ownership through their political views. To the occupy crowd I ask them why they would only ever want to defend themselves against what they see as unaccountable corporate rule via drum circles and teach-ins. I have gay friends who I remind that they are often targets of violence so why wouldn't they want the ability to defend themselves? A lot of these people don't dislike guns they just dislike what they see as republican/conservative politics. If I can strip the politics from the issue I usually win them over. The ones I have the toughest time with are women in that age range who watch the daily show. I don't know what it is but they just flat out don't believe anything that Jon Stewart didn't tell them or that they didn't see in a facebook meme.

Imagine if the the state banned the sale of any video game that didn't apply the same gun laws we have to it. Imagine if in modern warfare 4 you could only use 7 round magazines, no attachment perks, and you can't use anything that even looks like an AR. People from their teens through 30's would lose their shit screaming about how it violates the 1st amendment and they'd be right. I'm trying to get these people to see that they need to get worked up about their real life ability to defend themselves the way they would over a video game.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So, we can all bitch and moan, and maybe declare some small wins with court battles on this NY shit, but trust me, you are being manipulated.  This filthy, corrupt Chicago politics machine wrote the book on sleight of hand.....

The Chicago Political Machine has nothing on NY's Political Machine. They didn't write the book they read NY's.

There were plenty of younger people there, it wasn't just all old white guys.  This is a culture war, fight it at every level- everywhere it rears its head.  It exists on many fronts, not just in legislation but right down to the bullshit zero tolerance policies in schools that result in kids being punished for playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians.  Its a concerted effort to make you embarrassed to live your life the way you do- to make you shirk and hide and slink away when these things come up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does anybody know the name of the younger guy who gave the "nullification" speech?

David Gay

i know David, and based on past experiences, I have a problem with some of his personal principles.  That being said, it was a good speech, and I admire his tenacity.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top