Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2012 6:54:24 AM EDT
card in the mail....too bad she is only 17

how the hell did they send out a voter registration card to an underage voter?

she won't be 18 till next summer, they also have her listed as an independant...I know for a fact that is not the party she wants to join.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Take her to vote on the 6th; document document document .... and then scream vote fraud from the rooftops.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds fishy to me. Might want to check into this and make sure someone else didn't register as her so they could cast a vote...
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
it is the real deal, same card and address both myself and my wife received. it says she registered to vote at the end of sept. she never filled anything out. maybe just a F-up or maybe something more sinister going on. when I go to vote tuesday I will see if she is in the book and have her voided.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Driver's license? Voter reg is part of that...
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Well Obama has to start younger now since the last 4 years college students at the time feel the sting of liberalism at its best no job and dependent upon gov.  

I was thinking DMV also.. or high school civil lesson in social studies class.

Link Posted: 10/31/2012 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
they do it to make sure they are registered by the time they turn 18.

My school handed out voter registration cards when I was in 11th grade if memory serves me correct.  I was 17, some of the classmates were 16.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

they do it to make sure they are registered by the time they turn 18.

My school handed out voter registration cards when I was in 11th grade if memory serves me correct.  I was 17, some of the classmates were 16.

We got registration cards in 12th grade which was when kids started turning 18.  One guy got called for jury duty almost immediately and was deferred because the principal contacted the county and refused to give him time off from school.  The kid wasn't happy.  He wanted time off from school!

Link Posted: 10/31/2012 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#8]
yeh I get all that....but read the line that states: "You are eligible to vote in"   and it has Nov 6th 2012... even if they do register seniors ,they still have to be 18 to legally vote so why issue a VALID voter registration card to a minor?  I know I am making this out to be worse than it really is, but I am one that is really concerned with voter fraud.  I wonder how many other minors received cards and will vote?  both my kids have told me for years about how their teachers love Obutnut and push the agenda into their teachings in school. they have gone as far as to tell my kids to remind us to vote for Obutnut.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yeh I get all that....but read the line that states: "You are eligible to vote in"   and it has Nov 6th 2012... even if they do register seniors ,they still have to be 18 to legally vote so why issue a VALID voter registration card to a minor?  I know I am making this out to be worse than it really is, but I am one that is really concerned with voter fraud.  I wonder how many other minors received cards and will vote?  both my kids have told me for years about how their teachers love Obutnut and push the agenda into their teachings in school. they have gone as far as to tell my kids to remind us to vote for Obutnut.

welcome to liberal nys... 60 years of liberal teaching at its finest.
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
how'd that old saying go: "My Uncle voted Republican all his life, and now that he's dead he votes Democrat."  
Link Posted: 10/31/2012 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
how'd that old saying go: "My Uncle voted Republican all his life, and now that he's dead he votes Democrat."  

No joke.  Albany county, Albany City ward 1 had my stepfather voting 2 years after his death; his signature in the big book went from familiar sharp scrawl to lady like loopy handwriting after his death.  He would have liked it, he was an old school Democrat.   My mom caused a ruckus on the second year when she took a pen and wrote deceased on his page.    She told them to knock it off before doing so.  I would have been taliking to the AG's office instead of bitter old ladies.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top