Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2012 2:48:23 PM EDT
Title says it all.  Is there any ranges at all taking on new members.  Money isn't even an object at this point I just want to have a place to practice punching paper.  Been in Albany going on 4 years now and still haven't had any luck finding a range to join and shoot.  I went once with a member to Brunswick Sportsman Club which was nice but they are full.  I just ordered a new BCM Recce upper for my pre-ban lower that should be in next week and dont have anywhere to sight it in.  I have access to land and places to shoot in the Plattsburgh & New Paltz areas but driving over an hour and a half to shoot sucks.  However I highly suspect I'm going to be stuck doing the drive south or north until I get out of this miserable state just to get some range time in.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe north troy rod and gun is still taking members. Membership just went up but it is very reasonable. IM me for info
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have an official club but, if you are looking for a place to shoot if you bring your own targets my land is in the 12123 zip code.  I own 1600 acres , so I think we can find you a spot.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I believe north troy rod and gun is still taking members. Membership just went up but it is very reasonable. IM me for info

IM sent.

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I dont have an official club but, if you are looking for a place to shoot if you bring your own targets my land is in the 12123 zip code.  I own 1600 acres , so I think we can find you a spot.  

That sounds awesome.  I'll make it worth your while if you have a spot I can sight in and punch some paper.  I'm over by Crossgates so your less then 20 minutes from me.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Tribes Hill near Amsterdam can be joined for I think 20 or 30 bucks. A bunch of my friends are members. You can PM me for details.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I think Dunhams Bay Club in Queensbury is still open for membership...  

Do any of you guys go to the Tactical Shoots at the Brunswick Club?  (I am a member there)
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
If anyone can help, i live in waterford and need a range to shoot at. I belong to watervliet fish and game but would prefer something a little more cozy. Watervliet is nice but the wierd panels on the 100 yard range make for an unusual shooting experience i'm not keen with.

And its a drive i dont look forward to.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Do any of you guys go to the Tactical Shoots at the Brunswick Club?  (I am a member there)

I've never it made it over for one.  I've been to Brunswick with kneesandelbows before its a nice club.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did go to a couple between last year and this year, but my work schedule always interfered. Now I can't go, none of my stuff is NY legal unless I wanted to shoot it with my .22LR. I also went to the CMP and F class shoots they did a few times. Almost every time I went I ran into the same fudd and a guy who kept preaching I (well, everyone) should get rid of our AR-15s and my Remington 700 and get a Saiga because they were both useless although his kept jamming.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
The range in Scotia/Schenectady Guan-Ho-Ha is open for membership, the only caveat is that you have to be sponsored by a current member.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Anything up in the saratoga springs area? Mostly plinking with 22s until I finish my Ar build.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anything up in the saratoga springs area? Mostly plinking with 22s until I finish my Ar build.

I'm a member at Sara Spa, and I know they are not taking members at this time.

There is Kaydeross on Guyser Road in Saratoga/Ballston by the airport, but I believe they are not accepting members at this time also.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is Kaydeross on Guyser Road in Saratoga/Ballston by the airport, but I believe they are not accepting members at this time also.

I can tell you if you are interested in Cowboy Shoots, Kaydeross on Geyser might welcome you.

I went there this weekend to see if the skeet shoot was open (to try out my home defense shotgun i have never shot) and it turned out to be the only Sunday of the month they don't do skeet and instead have a Cowboy shoot.

I met some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet, and they are into their sport big time...  full dress.... it looked like they were ready to film a speghetti western.... only many of the get-ups were better.

If you are into shooting older weapons (much older) i'd swing buy in the spring when they start up again... i spent almost 2 hours watching and talking with them... and it was pretty cool... I imagine my son would have loved it too... but i'd need ear protection for us (I know, stupid of me to go without for myself..).

Seriously, some of these guys were getting 10 shots from a lever action riffle and hitting a target as fast as i think i could eve just pull the trigger.  Made me want to go home and watch a western....
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm also looking for a spot to target shoot..  Every things' full around here in Saratoga area..
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SaraSpa waiting list is around 200 right now, they just accepted around ~50.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I am a member at clifton park sportmans club, i love that place.
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Guan Ho Ha in scotia, 25, 50, 125yd ranges archery skeet, trap, and sporting clays lots of various events been a member there for 20yrs
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup, I know that guy..... haha.

My Saiga never jams but his always does!

Still trying to convince xCoastie to come to the 7.62 side
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yup, I know that guy..... haha.

My Saiga never jams but his always does!

Still trying to convince xCoastie to come to the 7.62 side

I have a 7.62mm

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Guan Ho Ha in scotia, 25, 50, 125yd ranges archery skeet, trap, and sporting clays lots of various events been a member there for 20yrs

Yup me too, been there for 24 years too. They keep it nice and clean there, as long as everyone does their part, and picks up after themselves.

The only bummer is lately the pistol range is always crowded because they have taken on a shitload of newer members.
I found myself shooting rifle more than pistol this past year. There are also some who insist on shooting their rifles on the pistol range all the time, instead of moving on to the longer rifle ranges.

In the 24 years I have been there I have never had to shoot one of my rifles, especially a 308, on that 25 yard pistol range

There was a guy there one day bragging about his tight 1" groups he was getting with his 308 bolt action at 25 yards Really?
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SaraSpa waiting list is around 200 right now, they just accepted around ~50.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

I just got the email in my inbox this morning... i am joining a club!!!

And if i'm lucky, i'll join more than one.  For me it's as much about meeting people in the sport, as it is about a place to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2012 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hey thats my neck of the woods ( kind of) 12184 here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top