Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2012 12:52:46 PM EDT
http://www.collarcityauctions.com/GunStoreLLC/setone/index3.html

does anyone know anything about this. buddy at work drove by the place on his way home and saw a sign for the auction company.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It is exactly what it appears to be. The store is liquidating everything.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I take it the guns won't be auctioned?
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I take it the guns won't be auctioned?

Halloween is coming up, maybe pass them out like candy?
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
How do you bid on these things? I want some of those Troy and Midwest Industries rails they were trying to order me for a "special price" that was actually more than MSRP.. I want some of the reloading crap too for a reduced rate.

It's no wonder they're going out of business; when I went there over a year ago they didn't have much in stock, and what they did was overpriced or just terrible.

EDIT: Just went to the index, apparently the date will be announced, and they're only selling the whole inventory in one huge block? Screw that, I just want a few pieces.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Group buy bid?

David

Link Posted: 9/19/2012 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Group buy bid?

David

I'd be game for a group bid. Get some of the guys from some other HTFs or some other forums all in on it, and I think together we could win it. Who is going to buy a store full of (okay, some) junk just for themselves? I could see a certain shop in the Albany area buying it, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in. You keep the rails, send me the mill.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
EDIT: Just went to the index, apparently the date will be announced, and they're only selling the whole inventory in one huge block? Screw that, I just want a few pieces.

On the linked page they say "3000 + Lots WILL BE SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER" so it's not being sold as a single block.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Interdasting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On the linked page they say "3000 + Lots WILL BE SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER" so it's not being sold as a single block.

I read that, but have you ever been in the store? I don't think they had 3000 items, period, unless they're also auctioning off the nails in the walls.

Link Posted: 9/20/2012 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#12]
The pictures make it look like they will sell anything that you want to buy from them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Been there once, charming people.  Had a smoking pistol pointed at my head by one of the counter monkeys.  Was told, "it's ok, so and so wouldn't have brought it up from the firing range downstairs if it wasn't empty"... he hadn't checked the chamber or dropped the mag before he started waving it around.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that, but have you ever been in the store? I don't think they had 3000 items, period, unless they're also auctioning off the nails in the walls.

"Lot 2456: 1 round of 62 grain 5.56 ammunition, do I hear 10 cents?"....

No, never been there, but I does seem to include store fixtures and what looks like a fair number of machine tools. It's also possible that the auction house may add other items that it thinks will appeal to the crowd.

Link Posted: 10/27/2012 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#15]
bump???

ETA looks like its over... my bad... Looks like Dieter was busy on there too...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top