User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is not true either.  Once you reach a 175 you pass.  The score matters not.  Pass/Fail.  How could a "low score" be used against anyone?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine in the first bunch in 1996 that was good for two years. When I renewed in 1998 we were told they no longer put the actual scores on your paperwork, just pass/fail. The instructor said it was because of the potential of someone shooting a low score being used against them in court.
That is not true either.  Once you reach a 175 you pass.  The score matters not.  Pass/Fail.  How could a "low score" be used against anyone?
You are comparing "score" to "picture with one big hole".
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It was explained as a lack of proficiency. However, you want to explain that. You know how LTC instructors are.
View Quote
A person who is lawfully carrying without a LTC has NO score.  A person with a LTC and passed the test, even with a 175, has proven the level of proficiency the state says is good enough.

And for what would you sue?   "You were a bad shot and got me in the gut rather than between the eyes"?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I think my first was a 248 back in 06 or thereabouts. My requal was 250. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot a 248 counting only hits outside of the 10 ring or however they do it. Guy next to me shot a 250 but missed his target 75% of the time and the instructor never counted shots except outside of the bull. Even after I pulled the instructor aside and said he missed the majority of the time and was not anywhere close, he passed him anyway. The guy shooting the quals was a coworker and after I saw him shoot, I told him he was not allowed to carry at work until he proved he could hit what he was shooting at because I did not want to get shot on account of his stupidity.

Somehow he came to work a few weeks later with a picture of him and the same gun he shot a buck with at 45yds.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Instructor said he only counted to 175 and put pass on it. I took my full size xd40. There was a woman that had never shot and one that had to borrow a pistol because the new one she bought the day before wouldn't cycle. One of them scared the hell out of me. I'm pretty sure she missed from the closest distance. One of them wound up getting to go back and try again without everyone.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Instructor said he only counted to 175 and put pass on it. I took my full size xd40. There was a woman that had never shot and one that had to borrow a pistol because the new one she bought the day before wouldn't cycle. One of them scared the hell out of me. I'm pretty sure she missed from the closest distance. One of them wound up getting to go back and try again without everyone.
View Quote
I did the same when I had large classes.  Once I counted up to 175 I stopped counting.   State law gives people three attempts to pass.

I started teaching in 2003, and except for 2013 to 2016 I taught good sized nearly every weekend.  The stories I could tell....
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did the same when I had large classes.  Once I counted up to 175 I stopped counting.   State law gives people three attempts to pass.

I started teaching in 2003, and except for 2013 to 2016 I taught good sized nearly every weekend.  The stories I could tell....
View Quote
I wish this would change.  Three attempts is two too many.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a single attempt since we shouldn't have to pass a test for our Constitutional rights to apply. 

Blood in the streets and all that, though 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a single attempt since we shouldn't have to pass a test for our Constitutional rights to apply. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it interesting that these two divergent statements appear on a gun board
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably would have been better if we all said what pistol we used.
View Quote
Springfield Xd-40 sub compact here. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Perfect score.

After it was over the instructor shook my hand.  Probably because the 4 other peeps were scary in the way they handled their pistols.

All passed though.

edit to add: took it with my FDE G17 with stippled grip.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Because it was Revo/SA at the time I shot SA (Beretta 96).

I really wanted to shoot it with my S&W 629.  Its actually quite accurate, and I am THAT GUY.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Because it was Revo/SA at the time I shot SA (Beretta 96).

I really wanted to shoot it with my S&W 629.  Its actually quite accurate, and I am THAT GUY.
View Quote

I went to school for my security instructor certification in South Carolina in 1997.  Back then it was five days for revolver and shotgun (level II) and then three days for semi auto (level III), so Mon-Fri and Mon-Wed for those of us doing both).  We were all going to be getting into town on Sunday so the instructor  (A LT with the Florence PD) said we could come by the range to help with a CHL class he was teaching (so we could get range experience besides with each other).  

You only had to qualify with one handgun, but one guy insisted in doing four and of course the last one was a HUGE Dan Wesson 44mag
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]
1 perfect, two in the 240s.
it's easy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Springfield Xd-40 sub compact here. 
View Quote
g19 for all 3 tests.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#16]
First time was 248 back about ten years or so ago.  Requal was 250 with  a G23.  

My first class had almost 30 people in it, of which 10 had never handled a pistol, and of those 10, three still had the ty-wrap on the gun case that they bought the day before.  It was great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Shot a perfect score today. The whole tropical storm thing made it a little harder than it should have been.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top