Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 4:45:57 PM EDT
Lifeline Screening was a joke according to a friend who told me about it.

Getting to a point where it seems like a good idea to have some baseline tests, checkups etc for the future. Is it worth the money? How much of a hassle?

Any real world experience is what I am curious about. Thanks, in advance.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have done it once there, and once at a cardiologist.  You shouldn't do it more than every 5 years.  They will give you a calcium score ZERO is best.  Higher scores indicate higher calcium based plaque in your arteries.

This is not the end all be all, but it is an extremely good tool to find blockages.  You can have non calcium based blockage, but apparently they are more rare. They do various packages.  For your heart only, full body scan(they cover your nuts) to find possible cancers.  I had the torso scan which included my heart and torso through my carotids.  This was 10 years ago for me or there about.  I had a small calcium score in my heart.  I started a statin.  

Several years later I went to a cardiologist near me, again proactive, not really an issue.  My calcium score had dropped slightly after being on the statin for a few years.

I think my original score was a 5, and my repeat was a 2.  

This is a very good and real tool.  But it isn't everything.  It does however tell you a whole lot more than you knew before it.  

If you have the opportunity, VIA scan is a decent place to get it done.  They treated me very well.  

***I won't go into other peoples stories, but yes it actually saved a couple people I know.  And another got lucky even though he did not take it seriously, NOW HE DOES!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your reply. I think I will look into getting it done barring any onslaught of bad reviews. Everything else I have read and heard gives it pretty good reviews.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top