Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 2:37:28 PM EDT
Heavy Six was dining at the same establishment I was today wearing a t-shirt with TXFM Police (huge TXFM on over the word Police) on the back. 

Had some full size pistol and black tactical shoes and pants along with what seemed like a few phone books under his shirt.

Never seen it before. TCLEO that I don't know of or some weirdo? 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas Fire Marshal
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Google image search turns that up, thanks:

Makes sense, is that a commissioned LEO? 

Seemed weird for him to be wearing body armor. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Fire Marshals are both license to be a fire fighter and police officer. They investigate causes of fire especially when there is foul play involved.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
AKA - Arson Investigator.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Makes sense it's a firemarshall and not a police of the fm band.  

Joking aside, did you take a full power hit from HeavySix?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't mean to disparage the fella, just didn't "feel" right for lack of a better description. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty rare duck, You don't come across one that often.  The amount of certs and training they require is nuts. The very few I have come across tend more towards the fire side than the police side in general outlook.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, State Fire Marshal's Office.  They are commissioned Peace Officers.  They investigate all firefighter line of duty deaths as well as large loss ($$$) fire investigations/arsons.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:51:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Like everyone else said Texas Fire Marshal. They are fanned out across the state. Most dept & counties have their own Fire Marshal/investigator. If it's a pretty big incident or they don't have the resources you can call in the TXFM. We got to do that a couple months ago. He was a pretty cool guy and made me jealous of his job . I already took the class for Arson investagator but can't afford to go to the police  academy.

Basically his job is to photograph everything of interest and examine all the utilities. They are fully sworn police officers and have all the standard kit of an officer and a firefighter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top