Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2017 12:36:52 PM EDT
I have a 2 br 1bath lake house in east Tx that I own outright.
Who have the best bang for the buck for homeowners insurance?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#1]
We have geico for everything. My buddy at lake fork has aaa for everything. Sounds like you need to make some calls.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
We were with Geico for 16+ years for car insurance.  Just bought a house and asked to add homeowner's insurance...the quote was so high, even our realtor was saying look elsewhere.

We ended up with Nationwide for the cost and what was covered.  Best deal we could find between 6 different quotes/companies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Hochheim Prairie for my house, USAA for my car.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at Amica Insurance. I've had all my cars and house with them for about 13 years now.
Never a hassle with claims and they send us a dividend check every year.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Ameriprise
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I use Texas Farm Bureau for everything 

They've been the cheapest than everyone else for me, and have treated me right.
My only complaint is that my agent calls me from time to time wanting to sell additional life insurance.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a broker and they found both car and house for almost half what I was paying.

I had never heard of one until my SIL told me about the one she used. She moved from Cali and I guess its a thing.

I am with Safeco which is Liberty Mutual.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Safeco.

Be sure to ask about policy coverage limits on personal property. All policies have some categories that they will only cover your loss up to a certain amount. Firearms are one such category, and many policies will only cover your lost guns up to, say, $2000. Even if you have more.

Allstate's policy 4 years ago had very low limits, and an agent who was willing to lie about it to sell me a policy. Allstate corporate would not honor their agent's written guarantee. F*** Allstate.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a good friend who is an insurance broker.  I send all my home buyers to him for insurance because nobody beats his quotes but once every 50 times. Hell, I had clients who were employees of insurance companies who couldn't beat him. 

PM me and I'll get you in touch with him. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top