Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/10/2017 11:01:23 PM EDT
OK lets do it again.  New location, New Geography, more arfcommers.  Come out and sign the petition for the 4 arfcommers running for NRA Board of Director.  

More information at the link supplied.  
NRA Grassroots thread
But we need to grassroots this thing to get OUR NRA back on track focused on true meaning of the 2nd amendment.

Come on out eat some bbq at the Railhead, 2900 Montgomery St Ft Worth, TX.  

Sign in please so I can get a head count.  All arfcommers invited, in order to provide a VALID signature you must be a current 5 consecutive year member of the NRA or a Life member.   

@Whiskerz 
@Miami_JBT 
@SCDonttreadonme 
@Supermoose
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Good place to go.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 1:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.... seriously.

Lou4NRA.org

Luis Valdes for NRA Board of Directors 

Lou4NRA.org | P.O. Box 180712, Tallahassee FL 32318 | [email protected] 

Re: NRA Petition for Board of Directors 

Dear Supporter: 

Thank you for being willing to sign a petition to nominate me to the National Rifle Association Board of Directors! We need 653 valid signatures of members that have five (5) years continuous membership in the NRA or a lifetime member or above in order to sign. The petition must be on standard size paper and must be filled out perfectly or the signatures will be rejected. However, the petition does not have to be completely full to turn in. Even one completed line on a petition is fine! 

Two Steps to Complete: 

First: Where it says “NAME OF PERSON CIRCULATING PETITION,” fill in with your name, City, State and Zip Code. (this is located under “Name of Sponsor” on top right of form). 

Second: Please fill in your member number, name, address (as listed in the NRA files) then sign and date on the same line as your information. If you can get other signatures, fantastic! If not, after you fill out the information, please return the petition to me at: 

Luis Valdes 
P.O. Box 180712, 
Tallahassee FL 32318 

I need the petition returned to me as I will send them directly to the NRA after I verify that all petitions are properly filled out. Additionally, I want to track how many signatures I have and how many I still need. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. You can always leave a phone number and I will return the call. If you are unsure about your membership voting status call the NRA at 877-672-2000 and ask to speak with Membership. 

Yours very truly, 

Luis Valdes 

NRA Ballot Petition Instructions 
NRA Ballot Petition
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK lets do it again.  New location, New Geography, more arfcommers.  Come out and sign the petition for the 4 arfcommers running for NRA Board of Director.  

NRA Grassroots thread
But we need to grassroots this thing to get OUR NRA back on track focused on true meaning of the 2nd amendment.

Sign in please so I can get a head count.  All arfcommers invited, in order to provide a VALID signature you must be a current 5 consecutive year member of the NRA or a Life member.   

@Whiskerz 
@Miami_JBT 
@SCDonttreadonme 
@Supermoose
View Quote
I don't see a time in your post, bro. 
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NRA Grassroots thread

@Whiskerz 
@Miami_JBT 
@SCDonttreadonme 
@Supermoose
Let's get there at 6pm???

i screwed that's up, huh?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a qualified signature, but I wouldn't mind showing up if I have time
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
COME ON. I am on a mission to get signatures, but that is certainly not a stipulation.  Fellowship however is...
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you can get the petitions to qualified members afterwards, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you can get the petitions to qualified members afterwards, that would be awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No guarantees on that, but I can make sure beer doesn't go bad, and that there are a lot of fun folks at the table
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No guarantees on that, but I can make sure beer doesn't go bad, and that there are a lot of fun folks at the table
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are more than welcome to help with the NRA petitions if you like.  

Are you and NRA member?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you and NRA member?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you and NRA member?
Not currently, think my TSRA membership is long expired too
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you and NRA member?
You might consider joining?  Might give you a vote at the convention in Dallas 2018.  And that would come in handy if we end up having to elect an arfcommer that way.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You might consider joining?  Might give you a vote at the convention in Dallas 2018.  And that would come in handy if we end up having to elect an arfcommer that way.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you and NRA member?
Seems like I need to sign up prior to the 2018 convention... might have folks stay with me during that one
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Seems like I need to sign up prior to the 2018 convention... might have folks stay with me during that one
View Quote
I believe a 1 year membership is $40 now.  If you signed up now, that would give your a vote for the 76th 1 year term seat.  That would come in really handy.  I encourage you strongly to sign up for the NRA.  We are attempting to steer it back on course.  It is still a good thing, it just needs to refocus its direction some.  That is the point at hand here with our 4 arfcom candidates.  

If you were to buy a life membership that would give voting rights on the next Board of Director election.  The point of the these meetups I am putting together is to the word out for this whole process.

Of course meeting arfcommers is good, but my focus is to help our candidates and get arfcommers who aren't signed up to do so if it is possible.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I believe a 1 year membership is $40 now.  If you signed up now, that would give your a vote for the 76th 1 year term seat.  That would come in really handy.  I encourage you strongly to sign up for the NRA.  We are attempting to steer it back on course.  It is still a good thing, it just needs to refocus its direction some.  That is the point at hand here with our 4 arfcom candidates.  

If you were to buy a life membership that would give voting rights on the next Board of Director election.  The point of the these meetups I am putting together is to the word out for this whole process.

Of course meeting arfcommers is good, but my focus is to help our candidates and get arfcommers who aren't signed up to do so if it is possible.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a life membership running these days?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's a life membership running these days?
View Quote
NRA membership page

I have no idea when the next discount run will be.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks.... I figure you have friends at gun shops and ranges. Spread the word brother. 
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be running the SCCA CAM challenge in Mineral Wells.  

Have fun guys
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll do my best to make it. Railhead is only a couple of miles from my house. I'm not capable to vote as I flip flop between the NRA and TSRA year to year, but it would be nice to be among friends.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lou4NRA.org

http://www.lou4nra.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/D6A4258.jpg 

Dear Supporter: 

Thank you for being willing to sign a petition to nominate me to the National Rifle Association Board of Directors! We need 653 valid signatures of members that have five (5) years continuous membership in the NRA or a lifetime member or above in order to sign. The petition must be on standard size paper and must be filled out perfectly or the signatures will be rejected. However, the petition does not have to be completely full to turn in. Even one completed line on a petition is fine! 

Two Steps to Complete: 

First: Where it says “NAME OF PERSON CIRCULATING PETITION,” fill in with your name, City, State and Zip Code. (this is located under “Name of Sponsor” on top right of form). 

Second: Please fill in your member number, name, address (as listed in the NRA files) then sign and date on the same line as your information. If you can get other signatures, fantastic! If not, after you fill out the information, please return the petition to me at: 

Luis Valdes 
P.O. Box 180712, 
Tallahassee FL 32318 

I need the petition returned to me as I will send them directly to the NRA after I verify that all petitions are properly filled out. Additionally, I want to track how many signatures I have and how many I still need. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. You can always leave a phone number and I will return the call. If you are unsure about your membership voting status call the NRA at 877-672-2000 and ask to speak with Membership. 

Yours very truly, 

Luis Valdes 

NRA Ballot Petition
View Quote
You won't get my vote.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You won't get my vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lou4NRA.org

http://www.lou4nra.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/D6A4258.jpg 

Dear Supporter: 

Two Steps to Complete: 

Luis Valdes 
P.O. Box 180712, 
Tallahassee FL 32318 

Yours very truly, 

Luis Valdes 

NRA Ballot Petition
You won't get my vote.
Hopefully you feel better now.  Your vote belongs completely to you.  This thread is about a HTF meetup that will being doing a little business of my choosing.  Maybe we could keep it that way?

**I would add everyone is invited regardless of who you want to vote for, but I respectfully ask since people know in advance what is gonna go down at the meetup...maybe we could all just stay respectful of each others opinions and each other?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You won't get my vote.
View Quote
That's cool....

You don't like my stance on PR and Constitutional Rights. 

You have the right to your opinion and I have mine. Please support the other three. 
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's cool....

You have the right to your opinion and I have mine. Please support the other three. 
View Quote
I don't like your stance on the USA, get it right.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's cool....

Can we please talk about the HTF meetup or start another thread.   A respectful request to all who would like to debate politics other than the NRA Board of Directors and some Railhead BBQ?  
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Just want people to know who they might be voting for.
If you want to control the message, start your own forum.

ETA. I do like Railhead.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA. I do like Railhead.
View Quote
We might disagree. But once again, I do ask that if you don't support. Please support the other three fellow Arfcommers running. 
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA. I do like Railhead.
View Quote
No sir, I do not want to control the MESSAGE.  I want this thread to remain unlocked so people who are coming can let me know easily and I can plan ahead.  I am sorry you feel the need to spin that.  I am not your political enemy in any way.  I don't know you, other than seeing your posts around here.  I have no desire to argue with you.  Nor do I have desire to argue with Miami_JBT.  

My desire is to keep this thread open.  I want you to express all your opinion in any capacity you like.  I think there are better threads than this one to do that.  So respectfully I have asked that you might do that.  Nothing more.

If you come to the Railhead, which you are very welcome to do, I would just hope that we can all get along.   And since you KNOW what my plan is for the Railhead, I guess we can best equate it by saying... I don't come take dump your doorstep.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Will definitely try to get to this one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Will definitely try to get to this one.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#32]
seems this isnt  a HTF meet up, its a meet to get signatures.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
seems this isnt  a HTF meet up, its a meet to get signatures.
View Quote
They are one in the same.  Not a difficult concept.  EVERYONE is invited.  For those that qualify know that I will be there with petitions in hand if you choose to sign.  YES I AM SEEKING SIGNATURES.  Yes I want to meet as many arfcommers who want to come.  ONE IN THE SAME.

No rules in particular, just know what I am doing, and if somebody doesn't like a particular candidate, I politely ask don't come just to take a dump on a good time, but please feel free to come.  

Are there specific rules about the definition of an HTF meetup that I am not aware that disqualifies this?  Can you elaborate more why this doesn't qualify as a HTF meetup?  @maggiethecat
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I called the Railhead and they said if we are meeting at 6 to get there a little early and pull some tables together.  Saturday 6 is their busiest time.  My plan maybe to get there a little after 5 to make sure we have a space.  They were very accommodating and said they would help me get a couple tables together.  Looking forward to meeting you guys.

So far it seems like we have maybe 6 of us?  I watch the thread and I will plan accordingly.  

**Haven't decided whether I will bring Lug2 or not.  He is 16 and bores easily.  But he does love BBQ and can put it away.  Anybody else considered bringing a jr.?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Day bump.  See you guys tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#37]
See you guys tonight.  I will have on an arfcom shirt, an NRA hat, and when you see me you will probably think, yea that guy looks like a lug.  

****courtesy reminder....if you are signing the petition tonight it would be handy to have your NRA member number.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#38]
So who's showing up for sure?

The railhead meetups use have a pretty good turnout.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So who's showing up for sure?

The railhead meetups use have a pretty good turnout.
View Quote
Wish I could make it, but might have enjoyed buffalo trace too much
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I should be there around 6:15PM or so.  
 Lug1:  I guess you can reserve under your name "Lug1" or "AR15" so we know where to look for you.
View Quote
I will make it a point to direct them to a group coming to meet me.  When I talked to them previously, they were very receptive to helping me with a group.  So I imagine it will be easy.  

NRA hat...black with Gold letters, and a black arfcom shirt.  I am gonna get there early to pull a couple tables together.  I am looking forward to meeting you guys.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Should be there around 6:00.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm waiting to load a lift on a trailer. But I should be there. 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
 Corner spot, in the back, if we can, please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should be there around 6:15PM or so.  
 Lug1:  I guess you can reserve under your name "Lug1" or "AR15" so we know where to look for you.
I will make it a point to direct them to a group coming to meet me.  When I talked to them previously, they were very receptive to helping me with a group.  So I imagine it will be easy.  

NRA hat...black with Gold letters, and a black arfcom shirt.  I am gonna get there early to pull a couple tables together.  I am looking forward to meeting you guys.  
 Corner spot, in the back, if we can, please.

Only available spot at the moment.  As you come out of the line down from ice tea dispensers.  Room for 10??

***im so socially awkward. People keep walking right toward me and I think they are gonna speak, thinking it's one of you guys,  they stare and walk by.  I presume they are going what's that goofy lug looking at??
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#46]
FYI WE WILL ORDER FROM THE TABLE.  

No need to stand in line.  There is a lull right now.  It was jammed when I got here.  It's like everybody got up and left at once.  

Remember your waitress.  She was really cool helping me out.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Loaded I'll be there shortly 
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks Lug and thank the guys for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#50]
It was good to see everyone.

Thanks for dinner Lug! I appreciate it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top