Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 10:13:48 AM EDT
There is a gorgeous male, bi-color GSD approximately 6 mos. at Montgomery County Animal Shelter.  8535 State Highway 242, Conroe, TX.  936-442-7738.  ID no.: A286736.  Urgent, high kill shelter.

Look like a nice pup, possibly a working line due to color.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a name or a link?

ETA:  I'm stupid.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If we do an ARFCOM rescue on this one, I'll gladly help.  We contemplated adopting him, but with a year old dog, an 8 year old dog, a 7 month old son, and moving to Beaumont, I don't think that we can do it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
GSD ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload a link.  I did google Pet Harbor and Montgomery County Animal Shelter Texas and followed the link.  On page 5, 8th dog down.  Have him listed as a GSD mix but his pic indicates full blood.  I'm in NOLA or would be there myself.  My 9 yr old female GSD really doesn't like other dogs these days so I am a last resort, although willing.  I'm hoping someone has grabbed this baby, they are too busy to answer phones over there it seems, to find out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If we do an ARFCOM rescue on this one, I'll gladly help.  We contemplated adopting him, but with a year old dog, an 8 year old dog, a 7 month old son, and moving to Beaumont, I don't think that we can do it.
View Quote
+1

I have a truck and a kennel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
He could be gone by now I can't get an answer.  The message says it it is open today but closed Mondays.  Guess too busy to man phones.  I am too far away to go see!  We rarely get these kinds in our shelters here, although we did adopt one that looks exactly like this one last June,  But, rare.  He belongs to my 21 year old daughter and is headed to Off Leash K-9 board and train this week.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GSD ?
View Quote
German Shepard Dog
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't seem to find it.  Searched their site, Facebook listing and pet harbor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to hijack but i know of a 2 1/2 year gsd also that needs a good home.(humble area) I tried to bring him in with my gsd and rotty. It wasnt a good mix. Broke my heart to take him back to the lady. He was a great dog and i bet he would be awesome for someone without dogs and knows gsd breeds.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can't seem to find it.  Searched their site, Facebook listing and pet harbor.
View Quote
I got it!! See pic!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Dupe pic.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
No hijack! Any GSD in need is welcomed!  I hope the one you mention can be helped.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No hijack! Any GSD in need is welcomed!  I hope the one you mention can be helped.
View Quote
Thanks man. They're such great dogs, i hate to see any be put down
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got to the shelter, I'll give a SITREP.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just got to the shelter, I'll give a SITREP.
View Quote
Thank you!!  If he is gone and you have wasted your time, pls pm me your adddress and I will reimburse you gas money.  As I recall, you were an hour or more away on the other side of Houston.  If you got him, I will send you a donation for some puppy stuff.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Dag isn't in any danger. He's cleared quarantine today and will be available for adoption tomorrow.

Probably older than 6 months, likely part mutt. He's going to be on the smaller side.

We got a dog from here in August after our GSD died. They only kill as a last resort for dogs that won't socialize.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dag isn't in any danger. He's cleared quarantine today and will be available for adoption tomorrow.

Probably older than 6 months, likely part mutt. He's going to be on the smaller side.

We got a dog from here in August after our GSD died. They only kill as a last resort for dogs that won't socialize.
View Quote
THANK YOU for checking!  The post had him listed as GSD and pic looked like my male bi-color (well, the one I pulled and my daughter now has).  Pls pm me your address if you are comfortable doing so as I would love to reimburse you for gas and time.  Or if you have a pay pal.  I could at least treat you to a lunch in this regard.  I am a softie for GSDs and try to help when I can.  I appreciate your efforts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't worry about it. But I am moving close to the LA border if that's where you live.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]
We are near nola. Again I thank you.  And my offer still stands reimburse you gas and time or lunch via pay pal or mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top