Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 12:44:58 AM EDT
I searched and saw a previous thread re: etts, I was wondering if anyone had any updated info. I've never been and wanted to show up and check it out tmw. Mostly, do I need to bring my own targets, do the bays already have steel hanging around. I don't wanna drive 45 mins from downtown dallas to show up without what I need. Any info helps, or other ranges that compare that may be closer to dallas.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I toured with an employee or owner. They have large bermed bays with targets, or you can bring your own. I suggest bringing exactly what you want to shoot at for shooting in the bays. Looks like if not, you might have to go from bay to bay to scavenge what you need. I would join immediately if it was not where it is. The drive for me was on a Saturday. The drive was more than I would want to make every time I want to shoot over 100 yards. I think their membership price is fair. I would like to go maybe 4 or 5 times a year and would be willing to pay for daily use, but you have to be a member with an annual commitment to shoot long range. The drive time for me would turn it into an all day affair. I can't spend a full weekend day every weekend "at the range".

For folks that like to shoot outdoors with few restrictions, it is a dream.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Bring your own steel for the rifle bays but the handgun bays have misc steel targets in them.

There are limited paper target stands so you may want to bring stands with you as well and you will always need paper targets.

There is no running water, no shade, and the only bathroom is a porta-potty.

I love ETTS I just wish it wasnt so far away for me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been there in a while; I was a member at one time.

as stated, take your own targets, but some of the bays have steel.

the people who run the place are GTG.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Another pro ETTS response.  shot some matches there---hit the office as a noob looking for the shooting match group--helpful good people.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd still be a member if it wasn't so fucking expensive. I guess it's not bad if you don't go work on long-term out-of-town projects. 

Nice folks, good facilities. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd still be a member if it wasn't so fucking expensive. I guess it's not bad if you don't go work on long-term out-of-town projects. 

Nice folks, good facilities. 
View Quote
Yeah, it's fairly close to me since I live in Waxahachie, but it's out of my price range. And I've heard of another range north of DFW somewhere that's way more expensive than this one. I figure ranges like these just want to keep out riff-raff commoners like me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't see how people can call it expensive. $600 per year with no co-pay per visit is cheap, if you actually shoot at least one time per week. I wish the place was 30 minutes north of down town Dallas, as opposed to 30 minutes South.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't see how people can call it expensive. $600 per year with no co-pay per visit is cheap, if you actually shoot at least one time per week. I wish the place was 30 minutes north of down town Dallas, as opposed to 30 minutes South.
View Quote
It's expensive when you pay the 600 bucks then end up working in Midland or San Antonio or Lafayette for the next year. 

I paid for a membership and got to go shooting out there a whopping 3 times before my work took me to Midland for 14 months. Incidentally, Midland Shooters has a smokin' range with covered pistol bays and 1000yd ranges...and it's $120 a year. 

ETTS is nice but IMHO being able to buy a 1 month membership would keep the riff raff out and still allow folks like me, who don't know where they'll be next month, to afford a membership. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
My last sentence in my post was meant sarcastically. But yes, "expensive" is subjective. What's expensive to me may not be expensive to another. And even if it's expensive, it may still be worth it. I've never been there, but from what I've seen on their website and read online, it looks like a really nice place to go shoot, and is conveniently located for shooting enthusiasts like us who live south of Dallas.

That said, I used to pay $300 per year for membership at TDSA's range in Ferris, but I don't think TDSA offers a 1200 yard range like ETTS does, or at least it didn't when I used to be a member. At that time, I think their max distance was 200-300 yards, if I remember correctly. ETTS' longer distance rifle range may explain the added cost.

By the way, I loved shooting at TDSA and would probably still shoot there. But I recently became a member at the Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club where I pay only $125 per year. Granted, the Terrell range doesn't offer a 1200 yard range like ETTS does, but as a shooting novice I don't yet have the skills to shoot safely past 200 yards anyway, but I digress.

But you're right. This is one of the few ranges in the huge DFW metroplex area that offers someone a place to shoot past 1000 yards, so that alone probably justifies the relatively higher annual membership cost when compared to TDSA or some of the other local private clubs/ranges (Arlington club comes to mind as well).
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#10]
If I remember right, its about $60 a month, and to me, that is $12 a week.
SO, if you go 4 times a month, you are ahead of the game.

I do USPSA matches out there and if I lived closer, as in not 80 miles away, I would be all over that.

There are a surprising number of 500+ yard ranges in this area. Funny, because in NC, there were barely 2 in the whole f'n state.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]
They have pay per day for everything but the long range.
Their group of berm bays are different than any place else I have seen. The long range is fabulous. It is covered with what looks to be a shipping container cut in half where you might get 2 shelters from one container.
Dawn to dusk key-card accessible for members. Maybe when I retire.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know what the pay per day is, I went down and no one was around, I called and they said they weren't around, not a big deal cuz it was a Monday. It wasn't a big deal and sort of a blessing in disguise because i'm probably moving to NC for work. Still trying to zero an AR, and not get my angus peppered by overbearing RO's
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what the pay per day is, I went down and no one was around, I called and they said they weren't around, not a big deal cuz it was a Monday. It wasn't a big deal and sort of a blessing in disguise because i'm probably moving to NC for work. Still trying to zero an AR, and not get my angus peppered by overbearing RO's
View Quote
If you can bring yourself to zero with ballistic tip or non-FMJ bullets, there's always Alpine. It's not my first choice, but it works for 100yd bench shooting to work up loads or for a quick zero. 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
it's $30 for a day to shoot and that gets you onto everything all day EXCEPT the long range shooting area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top