Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Judge should have dismissed every case the "DA" was not ready to go to trial on. When you get all your shit ready....go to the grand jury again and get an indictment. The tax payers of McLennan County are the ones who are going to be left paying the bill of the shit storm of civil lawsuits to follow this massive clusterf*ck.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]
While there are people who need to be in jail, not every one of those dudes are guilty of anything, and the delays are BS. At some point you gotta put up or shut up and drop the charges. Even IF they were all guilty, what are the odds that you'd get a conviction on every one of 200 arrests, just statistically speaking?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While there are people who need to be in jail, not every one of those dudes are guilty of anything, and the delays are BS. At some point you gotta put up or shut up and drop the charges. Even IF they were all guilty, what are the odds that you'd get a conviction on every one of 200 arrests, just statistically speaking?
View Quote
Grand Jury only indicted half of those, and the speedy trial seems to be lacking here.  Lawsuits are piling up
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes you wonder if the Feds actually have anything or are they just playing a waiting game?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Makes you wonder if the Feds actually have anything or are they just playing a waiting game?
View Quote
After the Price trial, who knows what the shit they are doing... I'd say better than even odds they will fuck it up
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
It will be exclusively federal when it's all said and done.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Grand Jury only indicted half of those, and the speedy trial seems to be lacking here.  Lawsuits are piling up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The whole speedy trial thing goes right out the window when it's the DEFENDANTS requesting more time.  The DA has been ready to go for over a year.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The whole speedy trial thing goes right out the window when it's the DEFENDANTS requesting more time.  The DA has been ready to go for over a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the articles I've read its the .fed that is delaying the trials
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, the feds TOOK OVER the trials. That restarts the clock so to speak.  Up until now it's been delaying tactics by the defendants. Mostly firing their lawyers and asking for the new lawyer to have more time.  As stated, the DA has been ready for a while now.

It's interesting to note there are roughly 20 lawsuits against Twin Peaks Inc. One from the Mexican place next door for 1.5 million, some from employees and a goodly number from the  bikers themselves.

The bikers are even suing Baylor university claiming they influence a "backwards culture about alcohol consumption" in Waco.     What that has to do with bikers planning to murder each other I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
"backwards culture about alcohol consumption"
View Quote
It's Waco, home of the biggest Baptist college in America. What the hell did they expect?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's Waco, home of the biggest Baptist college in America. What the hell did they expect?
View Quote
Baylor makes it tough to find a civil court docket slot.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]

I always love this one. Stay classy Waco.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk411/mah827/IMG_2528_zpsdnnv1k1x.jpg

I always love this one. Stay classy Waco.
View Quote
I saw a truck that had a decal that said "Snitches get stitches".... which might be rolling probable cause
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top