Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 4:47:45 PM EDT
I'm going to be in Houston next week for work, and looking for something to do for a couple evenings.

Normally it's just dinner and drinking with co-workers, but I'm meeting up with a friend from Iowa as she's coming down to meet up and do some potential job hunting. Looking for ideas really for Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Any good suggestions will be appreciated, and maybe even rewarded with pics proving we go!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Atlas Pub - nice place and Arfcommer owned!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atlas Pub - nice place and Arfcommer owned!
View Quote
Good to know! Out by the airport so co-worker drinking never gets that far south.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Atlas Pub is a GOOD spot to go...

It is on Washington, (great club street) so if so some bizarre reason it isn't doing it for you two, you would have other options in easy stroll...

If you are taking friend out by Bush Intercontinental Airport for fun, you are seriously in the wrong neighborhood...

Lots of armed robberies in that zone lately and very little that I'd deem nice to impress the lady / friend with Houston...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good to know! Out by the airport so co-worker drinking never gets that far south.
View Quote
Which Airport?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
OP,

It's not that far to Atlas Pub from either airport, especially when driving after 7 PM.

Go for it.

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which Airport?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which Airport?
Yeah, near George Bush.

Not planning on taking her anywhere near here, but that's all I know when drinking with co-workers. We take care of ourselves.

We went down to Galveston last night, walked the beach, ate, etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP,

It's not that far to Atlas Pub from either airport, especially when driving after 7 PM.

Go for it.

CMOS
View Quote
Will see what she wants to do here shortly!

Is Atlas a shorts and flip-flops place? That's been the general mood so far :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Atlas Pub is a GOOD spot to go...

It is on Washington, (great club street) so if so some bizarre reason it isn't doing it for you two, you would have other options in easy stroll...

If you are taking friend out by Bush Intercontinental Airport for fun, you are seriously in the wrong neighborhood...

Lots of armed robberies in that zone lately and very little that I'd deem nice to impress the lady / friend with Houston...
View Quote
]

I always stay on Will Clayton at the La Quinta, I never have any issues......maybe I look like I am packing
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#9]
The Pub the guy's are speaking about I have yet to go but will soon. The Galleria is always a great place for eating - they have about everything you can ever want. Albeit a bit pricey but damn good food. Let me know if you get down that way, I'll buy ya lunch. I work right across the street from the mall.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Pub the guy's are speaking about I have yet to go but will soon. The Galleria is always a great place for eating - they have about everything you can ever want. Albeit a bit pricey but damn good food. Let me know if you get down that way, I'll buy ya lunch. I work right across the street from the mall.
View Quote
Thanks for the lunch offer!

Will have to pass though, as we have only been getting 45min for lunch so far, and our office is up on Beltway 8. Next 2 days lunch has a VP speaker as well for this class...
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, we made it!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Run, hide, and dodge bullets comes to mind.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Run, hide, and dodge bullets comes to mind.
View Quote
So just like Anchorage then?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
WOW GUYS! Thanks for all the love you've shown for Atlas Pub. I sincerely appreciate it. I'll announce another Houston meetup soon. Working on a memorial sunday and 4th of july event now. As always, arfcommers receive a 15% discount off your entire tab, just ask for it when you close out your tab. And is anyone a LTC instructor here? I want to hold a class at the bar for my staff. They are all interested in getting licensed.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
WOW GUYS! Thanks for all the love you've shown for Atlas Pub. I sincerely appreciate it. I'll announce another Houston meetup soon. Working on a memorial sunday and 4th of july event now. As always, arfcommers receive a 15% discount off your entire tab, just ask for it when you close out your tab. And is anyone a LTC instructor here? I want to hold a class at the bar for my staff. They are all interested in getting licensed.

Jonathan
View Quote
Biggie make sure they become TSRA members too.

They are who move the needle in Austin for Texas!

Sounds like you have great staff!

HK Ag
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm going to be in Houston next week for work, and looking for something to do for a couple evenings.

Normally it's just dinner and drinking with co-workers, but I'm meeting up with a friend from Iowa as she's coming down to meet up and do some potential job hunting. Looking for ideas really for Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Any good suggestions will be appreciated, and maybe even rewarded with pics proving we go!
View Quote

What general part of Houston?  The Houston area is huuuuuge.  Long way from say The Woodlands to Clear Lake City...  or from Katy to Baytown...

If you are interested in live music...  North Houston area I like The Concert Pub North which is on 1960 not that far west of I45...  In the South Houston area I like Scout Bar which is near NASA just east of I45...  Downtown has a few cool places like House of Blues, Warehouse Live or the Continental Club...

But any of those you've got to check the schedules to see who is playing because they have a variety of artists and some you may like others maybe not so much.

Edit -- serves me right for not reading the rest of the posts carefully...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top