Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2017 5:50:52 PM EDT
I'm going to be in Texas working all week. Very happy.

I've got a couple Europeans I'm meeting up with in Austin. They expressed their want to shoot machine guns. Any recommendations in Austin or nearby?

I want to show them why USA, and more importantly Texas is best!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
"The Range at Austin" located down on I-35 @ Slaughter Lane on has a limited selection of full auto rentals.  

Last time I was there they were pretty much just rented subguns and you will obviously be indoors since it is an indoor range.  The Range at Austin is pretty impressive from a general layout perspective as they "spared no expense" when they built that place.  Its also going to be the closest to downtown and is open until later in the evening.

Best of the West up in Liberty Hill used to have a guy who ran an outfit called "Ballistic Ops" who rented machineguns.   Ballistic Ops has a facebook page and would be at a folding table near the check in desk at Best of the West.  

I have not seen the Ballistic Ops guy in a while so I am not sure if he is still there doing MG rentals or not but I would call Best of the West to confirm before driving out to Liberty Hill.  BOTW is an outdoor range so that may also be more your vibe.  The handful of times I crossed paths with the Ballistic Ops guy he had a small selection of subguns and some smaller/intermediate rifle caliber machineguns (M4, etc.)

There is also Sanborn Shooters who rent machineguns at their local range in Smithville and OX Ranch who rents machineguns and tanks out in Uvalde.  Both of these folks are a farther drive but it gets you into the belt fed and larger class of firearms.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"The Range at Austin" located down on I-35 @ Slaughter Lane on has a limited selection of full auto rentals.  

Last time I was there they were pretty much just rented subguns and you will obviously be indoors since it is an indoor range.  The Range at Austin is pretty impressive from a general layout perspective as they "spared no expense" when they built that place.  Its also going to be the closest to downtown and is open until later in the evening.

Best of the West up in Liberty Hill used to have a guy who ran an outfit called "Ballistic Ops" who rented machineguns.   Ballistic Ops has a facebook page and would be at a folding table near the check in desk at Best of the West.  

I have not seen the Ballistic Ops guy in a while so I am not sure if he is still there doing MG rentals or not but I would call Best of the West to confirm before driving out to Liberty Hill.  BOTW is an outdoor range so that may also be more your vibe.  The handful of times I crossed paths with the Ballistic Ops guy he had a small selection of subguns and some smaller/intermediate rifle caliber machineguns (M4, etc.)

There is also Sanborn Shooters who rent machineguns at their local range in Smithville and OX Ranch who rents machineguns and tanks out in Uvalde.  Both of these folks are a farther drive but it gets you into the belt fed and larger class of firearms.

Good luck and hope this helps.
View Quote
Thank you so much jbntex. Your single reply was worth 100 in GD. No plans to even go there now.

The guys I'm working with are from Holland. They love all things America. You should have seen their faces when I ordered them ponies of high life to back their first bloody marys.

I'll will follow your advice and do some research on BOTW. I'll report back. Thank you again for the great assist.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
There used to be a guy that would rent them out at Best of the West - I'd call them first to confirm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The Range at Austin. Also if you're willing to go to New Braunfels, the McQueeney Gun Club does MG rentals for reasonable prices as well. Stop by Gruene Hall if you're going to go down there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top