Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 11:17:39 PM EDT
From his campaign website:

Nirenberg is a former program director for the Annenberg Public Policy Center, where he developed and directed award-winning civic engagement programs in cities across the United States, including San Antonio. He is also the former General Manager of Trinity University’s KRTU-FM
View Quote
Some examples of the Annenberg Public Policy Center's political views here.

Nirenberg's website makes no mention of which party he is affiliated with, and he has stated he did not affiliate with any political party.

According to a biography on the Council for Latino Workplace Equity's website, Nirenberg 's wife "was a Researcher for the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania focusing on Latino voter efforts".
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Closet? Nirenberg has been my District 8 council member and I could tell from Day 1 of the election campaign he was a big lefty.

Ivy is pretty conservative compared to that guy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeh, it's a strange situation -

In the past, Taylor has identified as being a Dem, but seems to be pretty conservative.

She's running against the current county chairman of the Dem party (Medina), and managed to beat the party's choice (Van de Putte) last time - so the Party Faithful ain't exactly in love with her...

There have even been reports about the GOP recruiting her to run for higher office (as a Republican).
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Closet? Nirenberg has been my District 8 council member and I could tell from Day 1 of the election campaign he was a big lefty.

Ivy is pretty conservative compared to that guy.
View Quote
Ivy will beat his ass. The north side will never vote for him. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Ivy is really quite level headed. She is a well educated black lady who's speech pattern doesn't give away her racial heritage. I have only talked to her a couple of times; but know her husband and daughter. I was impressed with her daughter's behavior and her husband's manors.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Phony Conservatives are everywhere. Our POS mayor in Plano is a lefty who pretends not to be.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting. I thought SA was not a racist place?  They kicked out the black lady for a white guy..........

/s

I'm not sure theres much difference  between the two other than gender and race. But I will say when Ivy was speaking she seemed coherent vs most democrats.  I don't ever hear her calling for gun bans or social justice rhetoric.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Phony Conservatives are everywhere. Our POS mayor in Plano is a lefty who pretends not to be.
View Quote
I don't think anyone has ever accused him of being a conservative, much less a phony conservative.
If local elections were partisan (meaning he runs as a Democrat) he would never have been elected.

His political future in Collin County is over if he runs as a Democrat. He isn't going to out himself.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of our Dem neighbors voted for him because Ivy wasnt SJW enough. I was kind of shocked at that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top