Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 7:31:19 PM EDT
Looking to move from Austin to Corpus to get the fuck out of this tax trap and be closer to family. Anyone work at the NAS? Anywhere I can look for jobs on the base?

I currently work as a Manufacturing Test Technician. I support a production and RMA operations with Test stations builds, software installation, troubleshooting when stations go awry, I manage calibrated equipment and some support IT functions as well for after hours support.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear you.  I often wish I had never left there.  I didn't work out on base but you might also check the industrial companies across the bay around Ingleside.  I once had an IT job offer at Oxychem there in another life long ago.  Earl
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I work out there in the calibration lab.  I'll ask around if there are any openings or projections.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking to move from Austin to Corpus to get the fuck out of this tax trap and be closer to family. Anyone work at the NAS? Anywhere I can look for jobs on the base?

I currently work as a Manufacturing Test Technician. I support a production and RMA operations with Test stations builds, software installation, troubleshooting when stations go awry, I manage calibrated equipment and some support IT functions as well for after hours support.
View Quote

Check out TAMU-CC they are hiring certain IT jobs they should be posted on Islander Jobs site.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Well hell, you're going to make me have to look at that.  They are my alma mater after all (kinda sorta, it was CCSU back then).  Crap, not finding anything.  Looks like there is a hiring freeze right now.  Will have to keep an eye out.  A lot of memories from my time there.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Check out TAMU-CC they are hiring certain IT jobs they should be posted on Islander Jobs site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Corpus Christi Army depot is probably a better fit than the Navy side of the base. You might also look at who are major contractors there.

I visit the base quite a bit. It has a great boat ramp and secure parking, not like the rest of the town.  It's a lot smaller these days, reminds me a a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

Also, you might want to look a the port Of Corpus Christi, the various refineries and as mentioned, Ingleside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top