Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 7:56:45 PM EDT
I'm in town for the next day and will be driving around the area. Are there any really good gun shops worth checking out? Unfortunately I live in Arkansas and flew in so buying a gun (or anything TSA prohibited) is a no-go. This would solely be a window shopping trip.

So, anything worth my while in San Antonio?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
..... I live in Arkansas and flew in so buying a gun (or anything TSA prohibited) is a no-go. ....  
View Quote

Guns aren't "TSA prohibited". All you need is a $15 plastic gun case from Academy and a padlock.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guns aren't "TSA prohibited". All you need is a $15 plastic gun case from Academy and a padlock.
View Quote
Again, I don't live in this state. Not wanting to deal with FFL transfers. Did you have a suggestion of a place to check out or did you just want to play Johnny lawyer on the internet?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:04:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Again, I don't live in this state. Not wanting to deal with FFL transfers. Did you have a suggestion of a place to check out or did you just want to play Johnny lawyer on the internet?
View Quote
Dude, the attitude is unnecessary.

You can buy a long gun across state lines from an FFL with no problems and no transfer needed as long as the firearm would be legal in your home state.

As for SA, they don't have any particularly good shops that I know of.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Since you are just going to look, Nagel's has a fair amount of inventory. I also like Gun Shack in Helotes. Gun Shack is one of the few retail stores that isn't 'rape you' prices.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What state you live in immaterial, but you sound ignorant of what TSA allows as checked luggage.
For a long gun you could buy it over the counter and take it home with you that day.
As far as a suggestion, I had several, but suspect you wouldn't be welcome in their shop.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm in town for the next day and will be driving around the area. Are there any really good gun shops worth checking out? Unfortunately I live in Arkansas and flew in so buying a gun (or anything TSA prohibited) is a no-go. This would solely be a window shopping trip.

So, anything worth my while in San Antonio?
View Quote
Nothing comes to mind, no. I mail order and use a guy locally who does not try to pay his car note with transfers.

You can get same or usually better price at academy sports, dicks, cabellas vs the local dealers.

Even gun shows here are terrible.  Its just local dealers with the same prices.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nothing comes to mind, no. I mail order and use a guy locally who does not try to pay his car note with transfers.

You can get same or usually better price at academy sports, dicks, cabellas vs the local dealers.

Even gun shows here are terrible.  Its just local dealers with the same prices.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up man. I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up man. I appreciate the info.
View Quote
I really wish it wasn't the case.  But, gun shows, for me at least, died in 2006 or there-bouts.  Prices are completely insane and the whole gun show 'deal' is dead, at least here.  It may be lack of competition locally, Im not sure.

Sadly, when I want something GUN related, gun parts, gun accessories, I either go online and the brown truck brings it for way less, or I drive to GT Distributors in Austin and I dont pay full retail for used stuff.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since you are just going to look, Nagel's has a fair amount of inventory. I also like Gun Shack in Helotes. Gun Shack is one of the few retail stores that isn't 'rape you' prices.
View Quote
Don't know about Gun Shack, will have to check them out, but Nagel's has an excellent selection, and will rape your ass without a reach around or lube on their prices. Excellent used gun selection too-but no used gun prices.  Haven't been in in over 3-4 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top