Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 4:36:37 PM EDT
During rodeo cookoff, while walking over the 610 bridge from the brown lot, I observed the .30-06 & .30-07 signs. I took pictures and sent the same complaint I did last year to the Harris County DA's office and KHOU. Last year I didn't get any response, but I had hopes the new DA would take action to have the illegal signs removed.

Still no response, but I have been to a few rodeo concerts since then, and have NOT seen any signs posted at the west entrance from the bridge over Kirby. I haven't been back to check that other entrance on the 610 footbridge.

I'm hoping the HLSR has seen the error in their ways, but I remember their comments last year of "we'll just pay the fine if the AG acts against us". I figured if they had given up the fight and taken the signs down, I'd see some news coverage, but maybe not....

Anyone know more?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw the thread and participated in last year's thread as well.

Still never heard if the signs have been taken down or if I just missed them at the entrances. I know I definitely saw them at the entrance on the footbridge over 59 from the Brown lot, but haven't been back to that lot.

Never heard back from KHOU or the new Harris County DA regarding my complaint either.

The state AG doesn't seem to want to move on it, we need an ARFcom lawyer to draft up a suit against Harris County and the HLSR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not advertising, but are you a member of Law Shield? They're in Houston, I bet someone in their office knows what the deal is.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not advertising, but are you a member of Law Shield? They're in Houston, I bet someone in their office knows what the deal is.
View Quote
Have been a member before, probably should re-up.

Good idea, I came to the same conclusion you did. I'm drafting up an email to send to Edwin Walker at Texas Law Shield, he's the one who's been battling the Houston Zoo over the same issue.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm headed there tomorrow. I'll let everyone know. Last year they made me put my pocket knife in the car as well.

I'm planning on bringing my tactical pen and old Surefire E2D.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm headed there tomorrow. I'll let everyone know. Last year they made me put my pocket knife in the car as well.

I'm planning on bringing my tactical pen and old Surefire E2D.
View Quote
They were still wanding us yesterday. Exhibitors. Daughter showed her steer Wednesday. Stuck around for two other steers that showed Fri.
They don't do a good job with a wand or checking bags from what I seen and experienced.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
30.06 and 30.07 signs were posted by the pedestrian bridge that we walked over.

They didn't give what I put in the tray a second look, but they did have to re-wand my belt buckle (cobra, not some trophy buckle). I did see a few guys with pocket knives clipped to their pockets inside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top