Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 3:08:12 PM EDT
Saw the sign driving down the service road from Park so I whip in there.  Notice boards where there should be glass, ask what happened, they got smash and grabbed last night.  Counter guy says they saw 6 guys on camera, then says he cant say more since the FBI is involved.  Uh.....ok.

So I continue to browse and they eyehump me all over the store, can I help you routine.  I chat with counter guy some more while looking at consignment guns then leave.  Some other employee walks out with a notepad and starts writing while Im getting in my car, then walks to the other cars in the lot like he's getting the license plates.  

Should I have bladed?  Pissed on his leg? Seriously, WTF?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
So, where were you at 2 AM??????
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't they get hit last year too?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, where were you at 2 AM??????
View Quote
lol sleeping
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Was telling the wife what happened today and realized I took a picture in the store of the conceal carry purses to show her.  Maybe that set off gun store detective.  Lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Some poor slob will have to listen to some conspiracy theory about how you robbed the store, then came back later the next day to photograph the purses you missed stealing the first time.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This was at least the second time they have been hit.
They have a go-fund-me account trying to raise money to put anti-car barricades up in front of the store
I've been in a time or two........a little high-toned for my taste.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah, they have a fucking begging cup at the front register to help pay for barricades,  there was actually money in it.   Morons

Their prices are high, even for a gun shop. Z
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I really, really hope they did not get hit last night because those wood panels were already there last weekend, they were hit a week or more ago and that was the 2nd time in 3 months.  If they indeed were hit again last night then it's 3 times and I don't blame them for being paranoid.

It isn't a bad store, their prices especially on consignment guns can be quite good.  I've purchased a Glock 30 there for under $400, a Colt 1991A1 Officer for $450, a Preban Colt AR15A2 Sporter 2 green label rifle for $1000, among other guns.  I don't consider those prices to be bad at all.

As for the jar and go fund me account.  You think it's easy dealing with multiple thefts?  It's not.  Neither Insurance nor their leasor will cover the cost to put up cement posts to keep someone from doing a vehicular smash and grab so they have asked for funds from their customers to help.  No one has to do business with them if you don't like them, or donate funds to them if you don't want to.

Personally I've always found the staff there to be courteous and helpful.  Earl
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow again? This is the 3rd or 4th time I can remember. Yes they had the go gund me up, who cares. If they get money to help reinforce the store, good for them. You would too if your store was being robbed and destroyed. And compared to some of the other shit that is on gfm, this is actually what that site is for so who cares.

As far as pricing, they are very fairly priced on weapons that I have seen, especially on used guns. Their accessories and other stuff is high, but the actual firearms aren't bad. Still would never buy there due to state sales tax and higher prices than some places online, but compared to other local stores, easily the top 2 in best pricing.

Now if I had been followed out and they took down my info I would want to know why and for what purpose.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
That's got to be at least the 2nd time then. They had the one of the doors boarded last time I was there 3 or 4 months ago.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I did not think their prices were too bad for an LGS. The location is kind of hard to find if you don't know the intersection.
Bollards (sp?) go a long way to stop cars. They still need steel roll down doors or rolling gates. I am surprised they were able to get insurance without those measures in place.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would any gun store not have vechile barricades the day they open? Security is a cost of doing business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top