Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 1:42:19 PM EDT
Anything to do in this town beside the beach?  If one wanted to go for a boat ride, where would one look for a charter, the T-heads?

Looks like this person might be here for a while...
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The Texas State Aquarium is nice and the USS Lexington is pretty cool. We usually take in both every time we visit Corpus
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to be there awhile, try the places mentioned above.  Also cruise over to Port Aransas, ride the ferry across.  One of the charter boat places there does dolphin boat trips and I think evening/sunset cruises around the bay.  If with kids think they do a pirate ship ride during tourist season.  Plus you can drive down the beach there.  Don't think baseball has started just yet, but they have a minor league team in Corpus.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Try not to get your car broken in to?

If you want touristy stuff you need to either go to north beach, (the Lexington complex) or Port Aransas.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
This, its very cool...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
It gets better every time I visit. I went to the Lexington about 10 years ago or so and there were a bunch of veteran crew members there for a reunion. I got to talk to a few of them and it was very cool. One of them even pointed out that he was in one of the pictures on display.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm leaning towards non touristy things.   And probably non-beach activities.  Don't like going to the beach alone.

Been to the Lex 10 years ago. Probably going in Apr.  Been to the Aquarium 2 years ago.  Going Apr again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a windsurfing lesson down in PINS.  Google Worldwinds.  Rent a kayak at Wind & Wave.  If you've got a capable vehicle and can self-recover when the sand gets soft, drive down the island to the Mansfield cut.  Food:  Snoopy's - Fish Sandwich.  That is all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Drink the water.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in Corpus and it's really not what it's cracked up to be, but for a short visit there are some non-beachy things to do.
The Texas State Aquarium is opening their new addition on May 13th, I believe. Hooks games are fun and it's right next door to Brewster Street which is a good place to catch a concert. There are new outlet shopping area just north of CC.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top