Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 2:21:00 PM EDT
Was watching the news when the interrupted with the "Breaking Story" that the NRG stadium was on lock down due to shots fired.

Some 17 year old " 'Yute " who was there for "free night" (A.K.A. everybody stay away!), needed to step up his rep with some 9mm it seems.

LINK to Video with Interview of "Yute ...

So Glad that the Authorities banned all legal CHL & Open Carry of us evil bad men and their guns so just this sort of thing could never happen!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Ooooo,  but nrg came out and said nothing happened. :/ They tried to cover it up at first even tho 2 people reportly ended up at the hospital 4 hours later with a gunshot wound to the butt and one to the foot and said they got shot at the rodeo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
So much shock and surprise that signs didn't stop criminal thugs from being criminal thugs.

So much shock and surprise that after making their snotty little 30.06/30.07 statement they initially denied that any shots were fired.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
This is why I hate discount days etc. My wife used to try that. "Let's go to the zoo, its free today. "

F that. I want to go on triple price day. I'm full anti riff raff. Punks and the rapper.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes me glad I am not a Rodeo committee member anymore. Can't wait to move out of thug filled Houston in a couple years and head to Waco area.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I saw on the Channel 2 site that they said no shots were fired. Obviously bulls*it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Since the rodeo has decided you can't carry either concealed or open, on government owned land, I've decided I will spend my money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since the rodeo has decided you can't carry either concealed or open, on government owned land, I've decided I will spend my money elsewhere.
View Quote
How CAN the Rodeo unilaterally decide that they will not allow licensed legal carry on .GOV owned property (which I understood had to be open for carry unless it was specially exempted (court room, airport security area, etc...)
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How CAN the Rodeo unilaterally decide that they will not allow licensed legal carry on .GOV owned property (which I understood had to be open for carry unless it was specially exempted (court room, airport security area, etc...)
View Quote
WTF?

First I heard there were shots fired, then I saw on the news that the whole thing was a false alarm, and now it ends up being true?!?!

Yeah, sorry, my faith in your ability to secure jack shit just went out the window. Spent a lot of time working there in college, had some good times, but wtf?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, they just do it.  A couple of years ago, I went with my wife one afternoon.  We walked in, I was carrying concealed.  We get to the area where you buy tickets to get in, and there is a big 30.06 sign.  Since this place is on public property, I just ignore it.  No problems.  I don't shoot anyone, and everything is fine.  The  next year I hear they are wanding everyone.  That's it for me.  If I want to go to a livestock show, I'll go to the local one, where I don't have to put up with that shit.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
We spent Thursday at the rodeo and several of the folks we talked too had some interesting stories about the gunfire Wednesday.  It was basically hundreds of people running from one place to another getting away from the shots or by police orders.  Some of the people who were showing animals said people were running in then out of the pavilion, cops thought the perp was inside hiding around the show animal area.  Most said it was pretty exciting for a few minutes.  

On a note, when we went through the screening area, I walked through with my phone and keys in my hand and no one wanded me and I noticed very few were searched at all...this was on the north entrance to NRG complex.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is why I hate discount days etc. My wife used to try that. "Let's go to the zoo, its free today. "

F that. I want to go on triple price day. I'm full anti riff raff. Punks and the rapper.
View Quote
That's the same as I say to my wife.  Free is a very large warning to stay away.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, they just do it.  A couple of years ago, I went with my wife one afternoon.  We walked in, I was carrying concealed.  We get to the area where you buy tickets to get in, and there is a big 30.06 sign.  Since this place is on public property, I just ignore it.  No problems.  I don't shoot anyone, and everything is fine.  The  next year I hear they are wanding everyone.  That's it for me.  If I want to go to a livestock show, I'll go to the local one, where I don't have to put up with that shit.  Fuck them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I love the Rodeo and what it does for Youth and the Values of most of the participants (compared to a Rap Concert...) I would hope NRA, TSRA or GOA or somebody will sue the living SH!T out of them and the City / County over banning carry at the event.

My .02 cents!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Here read this.  They tried going through the AG last year.  Crickets.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The organizations that do hot air balloon events do the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top