Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I really don't care if Yeti doesn't own the building. If it is a place for customers to shop, then they need to be in a building or property that isn't anti-gun. If that is something they care about and support.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Per Michael Cargill, the gun shop owner who took Yeti to task over this, they have taken down the 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Per Michael Cargill, the gun shop owner who took Yeti to task over this, they have taken down the 30.06 and 30.07 signs.
View Quote
Donwe have any pics of this? Did they remove it from there door or the front of there building
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Donwe have any pics of this? Did they remove it from there door or the front of there building
View Quote
from his post..

Seems now you just can't carry on the bar side, per the 51% sign that's there. Cargill is a huge asset for us..he's a great dude.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's actually impressive.  I'd be interested in knowing if public shaming of 30.06/30.07 has worked for any other businesses.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
from his post..

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17522999_10209098296962967_8884626947874272571_n.jpg?oh=e7beca30740aa197b9bf61334f2b28e0&oe=595D5DE4

Seems now you just can't carry on the bar side, per the 51% sign that's there. Cargill is a huge asset for us..he's a great dude.
View Quote
Been friends with him for a while. Glad I passed these pics to him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
from his post..

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17522999_10209098296962967_8884626947874272571_n.jpg?oh=e7beca30740aa197b9bf61334f2b28e0&oe=595D5DE4

View Quote
Awesome, now this needs to get around justnlike the other pic to show how they listened to all of us that called and talked about it on the web. Good job yeti for doing the right thing
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Agreed. I mentally striked Yeti off my list, and mentioned it to a couple of my hunting buddies. I'll need to circle back around on this with an update.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's actually impressive.  I'd be interested in knowing if public shaming of 30.06/30.07 has worked for any other businesses.
View Quote
Taco Cabana. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Hats off gentlemen, well done.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Michael just posted this on facebook, an email from the marketing VP of Yeti..I'm satisfied:

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Michael just posted this on facebook, an email from the marketing VP of Yeti..I'm satisfied:

https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17553492_10209106009435774_2555219866767822074_n.jpg?oh=b928a9f8105c33466049ccc514c3756f&oe=5952EC5B
View Quote
Haha! Came to post this exact email.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Time to update your OP title.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Time to update your OP title.
View Quote
+1

They did the right thing. We need to support them for that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
ANDROTAZ, thanks for posting. Nice to see it directly from the source.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I was thinking I wasn't going to buy Yeti products if they left these signs up.

Oh wait, I wasn't going to buy a $300 ice chest or $40 mug from them anyway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I buy RTIC from Bucee's supporting 2 Texas businesses that don't step on our Second Amendment rights. The RTIC product is just as good at less than half  price of Yeti.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#18]
People are patting Yeti on the back for taking down the signs. Has anyone thought that just maybe they (especially as a purveyor of outdoor products) should have done their homework before putting the signs up in the first place? I get the feeling that had this not been splashed across the internet and had it only been a couple of people complaining, they would have told the complainants to go pound sand.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
People are patting Yeti on the back for taking down the signs. Has anyone thought that just maybe they (especially as a purveyor of outdoor products) should have done their homework before putting the signs up in the first place? I get the feeling that had this not been splashed across the internet and had it only been a couple of people complaining, they would have told the complainants to go pound sand.
View Quote
They initially did say go pound sand. Then it went viral.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]
One word  "RTIC"
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One word  "RTIC"
View Quote
You mean you support cheap chinese made knockoffs that are a direct result of blatant patent infringement? That's pretty damn un-American if you ask me. RTIC took a play right out of the Asian playbook.

Yeti knows it, the federal court was about to tell the world they knew it, RTIC knew it......so they settled up out of court before the feds whacked their pecker off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You mean you support cheap chinese made knockoffs that are a direct result of blatant patent infringement? That's pretty damn un-American if you ask me. RTIC took a play right out of the Asian playbook.

Yeti knows it, the federal court was about to tell the world they knew it, RTIC knew it......so they settled up out of court before the feds whacked their pecker off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One word  "RTIC"

I bought my RTIC soft cooler over a year before YETI came out with their soft cooler that didn't look like diaper bag. Maybe RTIC needs to sue YETI.

Both RTIC and YETI products are made in China.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lmao support the cheap Chinese knockoffs of overpriced coolers and tumblers made in China, probably in the same manufacturering plants?   Yeti only goes after the smaller companies they know that can't afford the legal bills.  If they really cared so much about patents and the federal court is in their favor as you say, why haven't they gone after Walmart and Ozark Trail which is the biggest copycat competitor on their tumblers?  If Yeti is so American, maybe they should make their over priced shit in America instead  of Chinese factories.  At least then some of their pricing would be justified.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lmao support the cheap Chinese knockoffs of overpriced coolers and tumblers made in China, probably in the same manufacturering plants?   Yeti only goes after the smaller companies they know that can't afford the legal bills.  If they really cared so much about patents and the federal court is in their favor as you say, why haven't they gone after Walmart and Ozark Trail which is the biggest copycat competitor on their tumblers?  If Yeti is so American, maybe they should make their over priced shit in America instead  of Chinese factories.  At least then some of their pricing would be justified.
View Quote
If they made their tumblers and bottles in the US I would be happy to pay the price they are asking,  Over priced items from china not so much.  By the way yeti "knocked off"other people with their bottles as what they have is nothing special and has been offered for a long time.  They only developed a good marketing machine compared to other companies.  My guess is their corporate store will be gone in 5 years as they are only a fad company.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes it has.  Unfortunately most people say it won't matter and do nothing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#26]
So what's the premises of the bar? Is it localized to just the front of the store? Or can you walk around in the store after visiting the bar?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeti coolers are made in Iowa, Wisconsin, and the Philippines. Yeti tumblers are made in China. RTIC everything is made in China. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Taco Cabana. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taco Cabana. 
Albertsons
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:25:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
RTIC everything is made in China. 
View Quote
That doesn't bother me one bit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out why people don't just drink faster. 
View Quote
LOL....exactly and I can buy LOTS of ice for the price of one of those coolers!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL....exactly and I can buy LOTS of ice for the price of one of those coolers!!
View Quote
I have never understood this silliness. Who cares if it keeps ice all day?  I down a 44oz drink in about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I bought my RTIC soft cooler over a year before YETI came out with their soft cooler that didn't look like diaper bag. Maybe RTIC needs to sue YETI.

Both RTIC and YETI products are made in China.
View Quote
Thank you Dono for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't work for Pi-Pizza. They just doubled down on the retard.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Didn't work for Pi-Pizza. They just doubled down on the retard.
View Quote
What do you expect from hipster douchebags?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have never understood this silliness. Who cares if it keeps ice all day?  I down a 44oz drink in about 5 minutes.
View Quote
This X100!
I'm not frequently finding myself in need of keeping ice for a week. Most of the time I use an ice chest I'm not a significant distance from a QT. If I had a yeti I'd be limited to Keystone and Natty Light but I'm a beer snob. All about matching the use to the application.

Jester
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haveing had a ton of igloo ice chest hinges break, or haveing to go back to a marina halfway thru the day for ice when on the lake the yeti style chest are alot better. Guess it depends on if your in the sun all day before they truely shine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Pelican coolers are made in the USA, and they aren't overpriced with shit that breaks off.

RTIC is good shit too.

Fuck yeti and their ridiculous price gouging. Idiots and their money.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you're at a remote fishing camp and running out of ice requires a 4 hour roundtrip drive to town on switchback gravel roads with steep grades, no guardrails, and speeding logging trucks around every corner, plus a missed day of fishing, you spend the money on a good cooler

I'm glad the shaming worked, but I'm still pretty much in the "they either knew or should have known before the internet forced them to deal with this viral campaign" camp.

And the only reason I need for buying RTIC over Yeti is that RTIC is sold in Buc-ees
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pelican coolers are made in the USA, and they aren't overpriced with shit that breaks off.

RTIC is good shit too.

Fuck yeti and their ridiculous price gouging. Idiots and their money.
View Quote
Their prices are very high but it's not "price gouging." No one is forced to buy Yeti products and there are a number of alternatives available at a lower price.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Their prices are very high but it's not "price gouging." No one is forced to buy Yeti products and there are a number of alternatives available at a lower price.
View Quote
+1.  That's like saying BMW and Mercedes are price gouging.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When you're at a remote fishing camp and running out of ice requires a 4 hour roundtrip drive to town on switchback gravel roads with steep grades, no guardrails, and speeding logging trucks around every corner, plus a missed day of fishing, you spend the money on a good cooler

I'm glad the shaming worked, but I'm still pretty much in the "they either knew or should have known before the internet forced them to deal with this viral campaign" camp.

And the only reason I need for buying RTIC over Yeti is that RTIC is sold in Buc-ees
View Quote
I was gonna say...these companies don't market their coolers toward families going to the beach for the day. My yeti cooler handled my elk trip very nicely. Elk down on day 2 of a 5 day hunt with a 2 day drive back to Texas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top